closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Not so All Inclusive.

Master

Not so All Inclusive.

Just saw a story on Wales Online that a number of islands in the Balearics are now limiting holiday makers on All Inclusive holidays to three alcoholic drinks per meal and only six per day.
    As a non drinker it wouldn’t affect me but I can see this severely damaging the trade of the all inclusive hotels in that area once the new rules become widely known.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think they are fed up with the piss head tourists...............finally.

I suspect we’ll see a language change soon, from ‘all inclusive’ to things like ‘included food and drinks package’.

Even if you put aside the drunken tourists and ‘Brits abroad’ problems, the costs must be difficult to deal with which brings a need to control things differently.

Likely an attempt to save the local independent bars and restaurants whose business have suffered from the proliferation of all-inclusive hotels. I think one or two of the UK's largest package holiday providers (First Choice?) literally only offer all inclusive.
    We did one once, and it served a purpose for the kids (snacks, soft drinks and ice cream on tap) but never again. There was a crowd waiting for the poolside bar to open at 10am and appeared hell-bent on getting their money's worth!

The version that I have experienced (never again) is a buffet at every meal time (not great) and the drinks are local, short measure. Clearly, the fall out from people 'maxing out' has done it's journey - not as if the drinks are that expensive when they are paid for.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I know in Mallorca pre Covid the Guardia Civil and Policia Local had gotten to the end of their tether with British yob behaviour and were determined to sort it out, they know most get tanked up on the all inclusive then spill out to the bars after 10 and get fully slaughtered.

The All inclusives have as others said had a massive impact on trade of restaurants within the vicinity of the these hotels.

When the Spanish Authorities get serious they really do which is refreshing, they have previously used British police to work in Magaluf to keep order such was the extent of the problem.

Ironically lots of the “All inclusives” have had false claims from Brits for food poisoning etc once they return home seeking to recover the cost of their jollies, the hotels have scoured the bogus claimants social media finding no sign of illness and then counter sued for damages with erroneous claimants having to appear in Spanish courts to defend themselves “Bravo”.

https://english.elpais.com/elpais/20...32_097733.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-claims.html
    Last edited by TKH; 1st May 2022 at 21:24.

May also be to prevent any claims from 3rd parties for serving the tw4ts with too much booze, and any resultant damage/actions

Master
    About time too. Having had to put up with "tanked up" tourists I shall be delighted. Far too much drinking (and eating) to excess in all parts of society in recent years!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Though I'm sure the knock on effects tot he resort are worse due to the destination being slightly cheaper, All Inclusive downside is not exclusive to British tourists in Spain. We spent 3 days at an AI in Mexico as part of a trip which was no better, full of people of all nationalities abusing the drinks policy.

Master
    I must say my experience of all inclusive holidays have been very good. Its 6 years since I last went on one but the evening bar was basically a serve yourself affair, with a bartender on hand to mix cocktails etc. The beer was definitely serve yourself - half a dozen kegs dotted about of the local lager (Amstel, I think) and again a bartender if you wanted a pint of something premium - which you had to pay for.

I hardly saw anyone drunk, and I don't think I ever had a night where I had more than 4 or 5 drinks myself.

Either way, under those circumstances I'm not sure how they would even police a 6 drink rule.

We've gone to the same hotel in Costa Adeje four times now. You can choose all inclusive or not, I did the maths and decided not. The difference was about £200 each, and with a pint of premium lager being €3 in the hotel and often cheaper outside we wouldn't save much if any at all. Plus I would be reluctant to have anything to drink outside the hotel, very constricting. It certainly wouldn't be worth it if they now have the 6 drinks a day rule.
    It generally has a middle aged to elderly clientel with young families mixed in, so I've never seen drunken behaviour there. Could imagine a hotel that attracts groups of youths would be a very different proposition. There were some incredibly rude and threatening Russians there one year, but they were like that from the off, before alcohol was imbibed. I believe they are causing far worse problems elsewhere currently.

I would have been interested when I was 18, today not so much.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

We went to Cyprus on a all inclusive with TUI pre-covid and it was great. So much easier with 2 young kids for snacks and drinks. The food was nice and a good variety each day, we drank most nights but only a few. I cant recall seeing any drunk people, but it was a family style holiday. We are going all inclusive again in June.

Craftsman
    As many have said above , its due to people just being greedy.
    The drink is one thing but it was the food that got me . People loading up their plates, eating some of it and the going back for a heap of something else. Repeat .

Im sure some of the countries and staff struggle with keeping their families looked after at home so what they must think watching this wastage .

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    We did one once, and it served a purpose for the kids (snacks, soft drinks and ice cream on tap) but never again. There was a crowd waiting for the poolside bar to open at 10am and appeared hell-bent on getting their money's worth!
    We only did it once, in Cuba, and it was good for the teenage at the time kids - They could drink and eat when/what they liked (not alcohol) without asking us.

It was also great as I dived a few days and missed lunch, but I could get a great, freshly made pizza when I got back mid-afternoon.

We usually stayed on the beach, while the hard-core 'all-inclusivers' (mostly Puerto Ricans as I recall being told - They weren't popular with the staff) never ventured from the pool. I never saw anyone getting rowdy though, the buffet for food was less well ordered, though, and we usually ate dinner in the included a la carte restaurants (officially we could only eat in each of the 3 once per week, but we just asked and they let us do so whenever we wanted).

Staff would regularly come along the beach and offer us drinks or we could walk the few dozen yards to the bar to get a drink.

I can imagine, though, that in some places, unlimited free drink is a very bad idea.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Grand Master
    We’ve been all inclusive to Tenerife a couple of times ( Las Calletillas) and not really seen any problems, hotel side pool bar where the entertainment and family groups were was small glasses and one at a time but there was also two over 18’s only key carded pools/ solarium and both had Amstel and wine on self service bars as well as soft drinks. Food was excellent as well.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Not so All Inclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Though I'm sure the knock on effects tot he resort are worse due to the destination being slightly cheaper, All Inclusive downside is not exclusive to British tourists in Spain. We spent 3 days at an AI in Mexico as part of a trip which was no better, full of people of all nationalities abusing the drinks policy.
    We’ve done All Inclusive holidays both from U.K. and from NL.
    The difference?

The Dutchies don’t start drinking before they get on the plane!

It’s sad to see the Brit’s getting so drunk before take off they get refused boarding or cause issues on the flight

Master

Not so All Inclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    We’ve done All Inclusive holidays both from U.K. and from NL.
    The difference?

The Dutchies don’t start drinking before they get on the plane!

It’s sad to see the Brit’s getting so drunk before take off they get refused boarding or cause issues on the flight
    I know a few that fall into the “Brit abroad” category, some getting tanked up before the flights and when on holiday supplementing the free drink with vodka so it does look as bad. The airlines have a big problem to deal with and that’s a Captaincy issue and it’s the rules that needs to be addressed, the sales of drink to already drunks on flights to keep them quiet must be regulated more. but as a side thing a friend of mine through fear of flying has to get medicated before stepping onto a plane and she can look drunk and has to take her meds card whenever she flys.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    I know a few that fall into the “Brit abroad” category, some getting tanked up before the flights and when on holiday supplementing the free drink with vodka so it does look as bad. The airlines have a big problem to deal with and that’s a Captaincy issue and it’s the rules that needs to be addressed, the sales of drink to already drunks on flights to keep them quiet must be regulated more. but as a side thing a friend of mine through fear of flying has to get medicated before stepping onto a plane and she can look drunk and has to take her meds card whenever she flys.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    My DiL is cabin crew for TUI and has some horror stories, often these heavy drinkers have their flight only with TUI as they are going on to their cheap hotels. She’s ended up stranded all over the place as the plane has had to be diverted to offload these ‘happy holidaymakers’

Master
    I have to echo most of the comments above. I’ve done all inclusive about five times now simply for the convenience of not having to carry a wallet about (my wallet and bag were pinched from under a sun bed at a hotel in Benidorm once when I was in the pool) and I’ve never seen drunk rowdy people about.
    Having two young kids it just makes life that much easier. If, IF, I can get their passports back in time, I’ll be going again to Turkey all inclusive this summer.

Another serious downside is that you don’t get to really experience the local food. Especially in a country like Turkey.
    Of course you can still go out instead but it defeats the purpose of an all inclusive.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Another serious downside is that you don’t get to really experience the local food. Especially in a country like Turkey.
    Of course you can still go out instead but it defeats the purpose of an all inclusive.
    My kids, particularly my boy, are pretty fussy eaters. My boy would live on chicken nuggets and sausages if he had his way.
    I’m looking at Turkey specifically as lots of the hotels have water parks and that should keep them entertained for the majority of the holiday.
    If I’m lucky with their passports I’ll try and book something at the same time as their mother goes home to visit family in Thailand. So if I can take them away there will be no cooking and ironing at home (I hold my hand in the air and admit I am crap at both) I get to relax by the pool while the kids have fun in the water park.

With kids it’s a different proposition I agree.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.