closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Land Rover Defender (Appreciation Thread)

Threaded View

The Land Rover Defender (Appreciation Thread)

When I was 14 growing up in rural Essex I worked for the local farmer during school holidays.

I ploughed fields, sowed seeds, shot pigeons, harvested etc etc and loved it.

I also had a very short course in driving a Land Rover Series 2 so I could deliver fertiliser between the various farms in the village. It was technically illegal, but back then nobody really cared. The village was small and even having a couple of crafty pints in the village pub was accepted. Those were the days, sadly now gone and never to return unfortunately.

That introduction to the Land Rover, waving to my mum as I drove past the village shop, her reaction and subsequent bollocking will however remain forever priceless, and sowed the seeds of my love affair with this vehicle ever since.

I have subsequently owned many over the years, including these last beauties;

The Series 3 was my last Landy and to be honest I assumed it would be my very last. The end of a very long love affair was finally coming to end, and the pressures of the modern world, emissions, environment etc beckoned.

After subsequently owning two pickup’s, I decide last week it was time to embrace the change and go fully electric. After a few months of research the only car that grabbed my attention was the Audi E-Tron. Prepared, armed with knowledge and cash in my pocket, off we went to the local dealer to be flatly told, good luck and be prepared to wait 18 months!!

Bubble burst, we went next door to Volvo, quick chat, same story!

By chance we popped next door to Land Rover, for a bit of tyre kicking, dreaming and a laugh at the price of the new Defender reincarnation. Stunning but sadly priced in my not so exciting price bracket.

However, by chance, fate and planet alignment, this beauty caught our attention. All alone, slightly aloof, unique yet reassuringly familiar, she sat screaming to be bought.

Land Rover dealership, price recently dropped by £10k, 4 years LR approved warranty, this was the last role of the dice in ownership of my icon.

So in celebration of the Land Rover Defender, here she is, the love of my life since I was 14;

2014 Defender 110 in Loire Blue.

As an appreciation thread, be sure to share your love of this icon and post your Lovely Landies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chinnock; 1st May 2022 at 20:22.