closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sakura watches. Anyone bought from them? Update Oceanus S5000.

Master
    Blog Entries

Sakura watches. Anyone bought from them? Update Oceanus S5000.

if so i see they use paypal. Are there any hidden charges? Then i take it you get hit with a 20% customs fee when it reaches the UK.
    Last edited by sprite1275; 19th May 2022 at 23:27.

Master
    I have bought a strap from them before, they are a legit company and you will pay VAT and handling fees on arrival. It even says so on their website under ‘custom taxes’.

I used them few years ago for a tuna. Got hit for taxes and parceforce handling fee when it got to UK.

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    So when looking at their prices you need to factor in +20% plus a handling fee. Any way of working out the handling fee?

I take it who ever you use it's the same? Is it the same say using eBay or chrono24?
    Last edited by sprite1275; 30th April 2022 at 17:07.

Handling fee is on the parcelforce website for the privilege of them telling you its here and fees are due. Can't remember offhand how much.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Master
    DHL handling fees is around £12, Parcel Force seems to be the same. So factor in 20% plus £12.

Remember the VAT is also added to shipping costs so it’s

(Cost of watch + cost of shipping)x1.2 + 12

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice one cheers folks.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just thought i would update this post. All went well with Sakura. Took about a week and half but when i ordered it was a holiday in Japan.

The watch in question was the Oceanus S5000. First time buying an Oceanus and a watch made of titanium. Now i know titanium is lighter than steel but wow. This thing feels as light as paper.

It helps with this only being 9.5mm thick. The internals of the tough movement have been redesigned to achieve this thickness. Its super slim and will fit under the tightest cuff. With that being said they seem to have got a lot of depth on the dial. made even better with the double AR coated sapphire crystal. Sometimes the crystal looks like it disappears its that clear.

With the thickness and weight it makes it extremely comfy to wear. You dont know its there until you look and it shines at you. Im not sure but i read somewhere these are zaratsu polished in the same place GS are. If so im sure not to as higher standard but ive never seen a GS to compare. All i know it shines a lot more than my other watches.

The one thing i do know about oceanus is that they always have some blue somewhere and this is no different. What i like about it though is how the blue dosent really shine a lot. Then tilt it towards the sun and the blue pops right out. Every time i look at it it seems a different colour. Really like the gold seconds hand and 12 Oclock indices which just adds a nice splash of colour.

So the specs all together are 40mm case (42.3 with crown) 9.5mm thick, double AR sapphire, titanium with hard coating, 100m water resistance, multi band 6, bluetooth, stop watch, main time zone and second time zone, perpetual calendar, solar powered.
    Last edited by sprite1275; 19th May 2022 at 23:25.

Great looking watch! The Oceanus line is very high quality.

The finishing is definitely not on a par with Grand Seiko but we shouldn't expect it to be!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Great looking watch! The Oceanus line is very high quality.

The finishing is definitely not on a par with Grand Seiko but we shouldn't expect it to be!
    Just looked on the Casio website and it does say
    Sallaz polishing Parts of the case and band are carefully hand-polished by artisans.
    Ive not heard of sallaz polishing but for anyone who does not know, I think it is the name of the machine that Zaratsu polishing is done on. To quote off the internet.
    Sallaz is the machine name, the original machine manufacturer was a German company named Gebr. Sallaz. Zaratsu is the Japanese name given to the "black" or "block" mirror polishing techniques that utilize Sallaz or like machines.

Craftsman
    Sorry for the thread bump but wondering if anyone has bought from Sakura recently and how it went, looking for a nice daily Seiko or Citizen. Any other recommendations gratefully received as it seems Seiya Japan is closed for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by stowaJLCfan View Post
    Sorry for the thread bump but wondering if anyone has bought from Sakura recently and how it went, looking for a nice daily Seiko or Citizen. Any other recommendations gratefully received as it seems Seiya Japan is closed for a while.
    Yes I've used them a couple of times in the last few months. You'll need to pay the VAT/fee to customs (they use Fedex) but it's a good service.

I ordered a limited edition Seiko on the day it was announced which they had a discount on. The next day the price went up and my payment hadn't gone through yet, but they honoured the price I'd paid originally.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by twhp101 View Post
    Yes I've used them a couple of times in the last few months. You'll need to pay the VAT/fee to customs (they use Fedex) but it's a good service.

I ordered a limited edition Seiko on the day it was announced which they had a discount on. The next day the price went up and my payment hadn't gone through yet, but they honoured the price I'd paid originally.
    Good to know, thanks for the feedback, they have a great selection.

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk