closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor North Flag

Master

Tudor North Flag

Any owners of this watch on here? You don't see it in pics that much or hear it mentioned very often either.
    I’m consolidating my collection a bit & I'm going to ramp up the hunt for one - any pro or cons from any owners?

Craftsman
    It’s my favourite watch and I think a good example of what Tudor can do when they are allowed some design freedom.

The dial is so deep and with the block markers, the hands and a crystal that seems to disappear, it is amazingly legible.

You’re obviously limited on straps but the bracelet is pretty good and the OEM strap is amazing.

I can’t recommend it enough. Mine would probably be the last watch I’d ever sell…

Craftsman
    I don’t have one (yet). Surely amongst the most under-rated watches on the market though. A stunner for the price. Best looking watch in the Tudor collection imo.

I bought mine In 2015. I like it as it looks completely different to most of my other watches, but remains unrecognised by Joe Public and doesn’t draw any unwanted attention.

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com
    Last edited by gbn13; 13th March 2024 at 17:40.

Craftsman
    Had one for a while, nice watch and a bit different from Black Bay etc. First ever in-house Tudor. In the end I sold it on as didn’t quite fit me right, quite sharp angles on the case and bracelet. Also quite high with the ceramic bezel which was quite hard to justify for a three hander movement, non rotating bezel and middling water resistance.

I don’t own one, but I was a bit obsessed with the North Flag for a while and tried one on several times without buying.

Like a previous poster said, it wasn’t quite right on my wrist, sat quite high and ‘blocky’. However, the unique & uncompromising aesthetic is also the very same thing that appeals to me.

I still think it’s a fantastic watch, and I’ll probably own one at some point if the right deal presents.

Doesn’t seem to have got the acclaim / sales it deserves, though. I think it was a slow seller and then eclipsed by the 1,483 Black Bay iterations. Reduced strap & bracelet options also didn’t help, maybe.

Interesting inspiration behind it, striking design, the first Tudor with their new in-house movement, first with a display back, chronometer - there’s an awful lot to like.

For quite an industrial-looking watch, it actually has some nicely polished lines in subtle case areas, so it’s not all business. And of course, finishing doesn’t have to be pretty to be well executed.

This thread makes me really want one again!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I don’t own one, but I was a bit obsessed with the North Flag for a while and tried one on several times without buying.

Like a previous poster said, it wasn’t quite right on my wrist, sat quite high and ‘blocky’. However, the unique & uncompromising aesthetic is also the very same thing that appeals to me.
    This was almost exactly my experience. I loved the design, I like the splash of yellow, I think it is the only watch I've tried on at more than one AD, but I didn't have the wrist for it.

Craftsman
    Love mine, I have it on strap and bracelet. Very different to most tool watches, spash of yellow and power reserve indicator, in house movement and ceramic plain bezel. The only slight negative is new straps need to be custom made.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    I don’t have one (yet). Surely amongst the most under-rated watches on the market though. A stunner for the price. Best looking watch in the Tudor collection imo.
    They’re discontinued now I think

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    They’re discontinued now I think
    Oh. I only buy new also. Hope they do another iteration in the future. I just love that dial.

Craftsman
    I barely wear mine anymore since I got another couple of pieces - Muhle Glashutte SAR Lumen and a bronze Yema.

I do love it though - it’s the most accurate watch I own, and it is understated to the point that nobody recognises it. Discontinued now though, and apparently appreciating in value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tudor discontinued it too soon. It has a sizeable following, richly deserved.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Tudor discontinued it too soon. It has a sizeable following, richly deserved.
    Clearly not a sizeable enough following to justify keeping it in the range. I am eager to see what they replace it with - is the BB Pro close enough as a tool watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it and if I had to keep one watch this would be it.
    Prices are really due to the discontinuation.