closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor BB GMT - Movement issues advice

Tudor BB GMT - Movement issues advice

Considering buying a used Tudor BB GMT, used late 2020 model. Warranty remaining so should be good if anything goes wrong.
    However and before I commit, did I see posts on here with the GMT having movement issues and Tudor having to remedy under warranty?

I've tried a search but it's a PIA on a phone!

Are there potential issues? Be grateful for advice :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yes there’s plenty on various watch fora about an issue with the date change - either getting stuck half way or some such issue. Nobody seems to know if it’s been fixed or even acknowledged by Tudor to be a problem but it appears that it’s still happening to recently made examples. Some have been back for multiple fixes, some have apparently had a movement swap. Put me off buying one tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought mine pre-owned, it was an early model, 2018 I think, and the original owner had encountered the date issue which was fixed under warranty. I'm not sure how old it was when the repair was done but I've had it over a year now, wearing it as my daily, and had no problems at all. I think it's a brilliant watch for the money and would 100 percent recommend it.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Master
    I bought mine from new in 2018. I've never had an issue with it. You only hear about the ones that have problems, of course.
    Question: has anyone with a GMT date issue ever had to pay out for a repair?
    If not it seems a shame that the desirability and value of this fine watch has been ruined by a fault that is invariably sorted out under warranty.

Date hangs or sometimes jumps a couple randomly; we’re reports Tudor attributed the issue when experienced to lubrication anomalies rather than a mechanical problem per se.

Have just had a 2019 one returned after a warranty fix; I’m half expecting it to play up again but it hasn’t so far although not worn daily.

It’s an annoyance, or quirk, depending on your perspective rather than a deal breaker in my view, but a shame either way as the watch is a great piece otherwise. Tudor have been tardy in the way they have just quietly fixed and re-fixed watches rather than acknowledge the issue openly.
    Must give mine another run, after the yellow faced Seiko kinetic I resurrected on the inductive charger this week…

Master
    Mines a 2018 which had the issue a year later. Came back fixed and not had an issue since!

Mine’s a late 2019 and never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Yes there’s plenty on various watch fora about an issue with the date change - either getting stuck half way or some such issue. Nobody seems to know if it’s been fixed or even acknowledged by Tudor to be a problem but it appears that it’s still happening to recently made examples. Some have been back for multiple fixes, some have apparently had a movement swap. Put me off buying one tbh.

Yes, should've googled the issue...brain fade!

It's a little off putting reading that some owners are still having the issue after warranty work, some are apparently being repaired and some are having whole movements swapped out.
    Hard to work out just how wide spread the issue is and Tudor apparently seem reluctant to acknowledge the problem.

I would be a little nervous on what Tudors position would be when the watch is out of warranty. Could be expensive.

Not sure that I want to go ahead, but still would like a Tudor of some sort - thoughts are drifting to a Tudor S&G, black dial on a bracelet.

Thanks to all who chipped in...hope the owners stay problem free :)

Master
    I have one, late ‘99/early 2020, and no issues at all. Fantastic watch. Go for it.

Craftsman
    I own one which did have the date issue. It was fixed for free under warranty in about 6 weeks. Tudor now offers a 5 year guarantee on all their watches. So my take is if you like the watch, then you should go for it because the date issue probably won't happen and even if it does, the guarantee means you're covered.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

get a pelagos no date to change

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Tudor BB GMT - Movement issues advice

Just realised there’s an awful lot of people in this short thread who have experienced the movement issue - must be more common than I thought!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pan16520 View Post
    get a pelagos no date to change

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    You're 75% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Just realised there’s an awful lot of people in this short thread who have experienced the movement issue - must be more common than I thought!?!

So it seems. As always you only hear about the ones that have issues but there must 1,000's that plod away quite happily.

Spoke to a local Tudor AD yesterday, who quite adamantly, stated the issue was only seen on the first batch - later ones are issue free...hmm!

Rightly or wrongly, I'm going to pass on a GMT and managed to get a BB S&G back dial on a bracelet which I rather liked when I saw it on my wrist. Look forward to the posties knock next week.

I was unaware that Tudor do a S&G GMT now - known as "root beer" absolutely lovely. Next time perhaps.

Grand Master
    I’ve no first- hand experience with these, but I find it surprising that such a flaw is affecting a modern movement produced by a prestigious manufacturer, it amazes me that they get things wrong. My guess is that the design is sensitive to lubrication in some way, possibly down to insufficient lubrication from new or the wrong spec of lubricant. There will be a simple answer and perhaps Tudor need to revisit the design, it’s a shame that a perfectly good watch is getting a questionable reputation.

Craftsman
    I have a late 2019 and only started getting the date issue in late 2021 when I used the GMT function to set a different time zone as I had left it for about a year on GMT (pandemic so no travel). Off to Tudor and repaired under warranty.

Has anyone else had the issue only appear when they started using the GMT movement after a while?