closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tales from the workshop: colour at last, colour at last!

Blog Entries

Tales from the workshop: colour at last, colour at last!

The last few years I've posted about various cars, including a Fiat 500 and a Triumph TR6. But the cars' restoration was on the back burner. Mostly because of one problem: finding a painter who had the time and the motivation to tackle the job/jobs. We found various painters but all came up with an unrealistic sum for the project. One quoted the Fiat's paint job above 10k euros!

We found painters. Two. Both cars went separate ways. On last summer and the other in October. But both are back!

The Fiat surprised us: it used to be a flaming red car and the owner wanted a... flaming red car. So we thought. But when it was brought back, we had the idea that they'd returned the wrong one! This one is beautifully in blue! The owner changed his mind.

The TR came back in the same colour as it was: yellow, with a black tail. 70s all over the place. Now we're waiting for the return of the Saab 96, also blue (I think...).

The owner of the Fiat will take it over from here. The car is moving to his address one of these days. The TR's rebuild is pending on what the owner wants. Do it himself or have it done.

Btw, there was no intention to put them together in the corner of the former showroom (nowadays the queue for cars waiting to be tackled), but isn't it a beautiful tribute to Ukraine?

][/url

Last edited by thieuster; 26th April 2022 at 18:41.

Both terrific colours and looking forward to future updates

Master
    Blog Entries
    Is the TR6 Mimosa Yellow or a non standard colour

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Is the TR6 Mimosa Yellow or a non standard colour
    It's saffron yellow. But it looks somewhat like mimosa as a result of me and my iPhone altering the light a little.

The 500 looks great in blue. Red would've been good too, but this is more unusual, which I like.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow - they both look great.Really looking forward to how they develop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    The 500 looks great in blue. Red would've been good too, but this is more unusual, which I like.
    I think that the owner will be very proud when he hears your opinion about the colour!

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I think that the owner will be very proud when he hears your opinion about the colour!
    Oh, thanks!

I grew up surrounded by 500's in Yugoslavia, so I just love them. Most were white though, and in poor condition.

Both of those look superb in those colour.
    "A man of little significance"