closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Disappointed

Craftsman

Disappointed

Well I’m sat having a coffee in the Dubai Mall. We are over here visiting my daughter who lives here. My wife is doing the tourist thing and is currently wizzing up to the viewing platform in that stupid big tower thing and I went for a walk around the mall expecting to see loads of stuff you don’t see back home. Biggest Rolex AD in the world here I think, 3 stories high. NOT a single sports watch in the place, half a dozen DJ’s and a couple of jewelled Daytonas- display only. Nowt for sale. Tudor, maybe get a chance to see the new models. Not a chance, again apart from a few BB’s, not a chrono, GMT or any of the new models to see and they didn’t know when they may have. Everywhere the same story, even the Tissot boutique had less then you see in the UK No heritage models or PRX autos. The best display by far was in the IWC boutique, they had a full size F1 car in the shop.

https://i.imgur.com/tONgflC.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The best display by far was in the IWC boutique, they had a full size F1 car in the shop.
    Not for sale, I suppose...

Yes, that does all seem a bit disappointing.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 25th April 2022 at 15:18.

These stores across the world have pretty much just become pick-up locations for those who hit the top of the wait list. Makes you wonder why you'd employ more that one employee and a maybe a security guard per store.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Not for sale, I suppose...
    Chances are, they'd be easier to convince to sell that car than Rolex their display pieces.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Chances are, they'd be easier to convince to sell that car than Rolex their display pieces.
    LOL

Pathetic.

What's the point of shops anymore?
    When you can't go in, buy something and walk out with it?!? So many trips into a city centre only to be told 'sorry we're out of stock / don't carry that here / we only do that online, do you know you can order it online', 'yes of course but isn't the whole point of shops to walk in...never mind....'
    Last edited by vulcangascompany; 25th April 2022 at 17:14.

Grand Master
    Welcome to The Metaverse
    RIAC

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Welcome to The Metaverse
    When I'm in the Metaverse I'm going to buy a R.W. Smith, Daniels watch.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I think going to a tourist hotspot which also is one of the wealthiest places in the world, hoping to find watches you can’t buy from a provincial AD in the U.K. was a little! I am frankly impressed that even have some DJ. The shop was entirely empty when I visited a few weeks ago. Nothing in the airport either.

IWC boutique must be new, previously they had a sales stand outside where they were building up the new store. Panerai boutique is also very nice there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I am in Bahrain and the AD I visited was pretty much the same story.

A bi metal Explorer and an Everose gold Sky-Dweller was as exciting as it got.

What I have never understood though, is why the pricing is higher out here even with us factoring in any tax refund.

Quote Originally Posted by weaselid View Post
    When I'm in the Metaverse I'm going to buy a R.W. Smith, Daniels watch.
    Keep dreaming, it'll probably cost more in the Metaverse

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Welcome to The Metaverse
    NFT Rolex. Maybe that’ll meet the online flex demand while their traditional products go to those who want a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    What's the point of shops anymore?
    When you can't go in, buy something and walk out with it?!? So many trips into a city centre only to be told 'sorry we're out of stock / don't carry that here / we only do that online, do you know you can order it online', 'yes of course but isn't the whole point of shops to walk in...never mind....'
    It’s not just watch shopping. Popped into John Lewis with my son to buy a suit etc for his first ‘proper’ office job and they had virtually nothing in stock, the assistant suggested he look at their website instead and advised ‘you can order it in for pick-up at the store tomorrow’ - as my exasperated son pointed out, nobody needs reminding that websites exist, but with that attitude it won’t be long before shops and tie jobs that go with them cease to serve a meaningful purpose. What I don’t understand is how retailers seem to be keen to expedite the process if they can’t be bothered to carry stock

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    What I don’t understand is how retailers seem to be keen to expedite the process if they can’t be bothered to carry stock

It's been like this at many retailers for certain age groups for a number of years, even pre pandemic. They figure this age group is not likely to visit a store and are more than guaranteed to buy online instead. Makes for a very frustrating experience when like yourself you attend such retailer with an individual from that assumed age group and realise it's been a complete waste of time, as nothing is available to try never mind buy.