closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Exciting new Omega…

Cool Exciting new Omega…

…service box?

Not sure, it’s been years since I used Omega's servicing, but I just received back my “spare” X-33 after a full overhaul. And it came in this nice box:

Better than the old giant red suppository in my opinion.

New crown, case-back, bezel spring, pushers and the final version of the movement fitted. My “other” X-33 doesn’t do this…

…battery changing mode. Or if you prefer, battery saving mode for when you enter hypersleep on your journey to Mars. Another thoughtful X-33 feature.

Service cost was £345 at today's rate, and took 1 month. Very happy.

TT

That is very, very good to know, thank you.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Side view, showing clasp:

Small thing but nicely done.

Master
    In comparison to many other brands, £345 is a very fair price indeed.
    Hats off to Omega.

Master
    Bummer. Had my AT serviced recently so only a few month from missing out on one of these. They look really nice and certainly a step up. Although I do use the older style ones as sunglasses cases.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    …service box?

Not sure, it’s been years since I used Omega's servicing, but I just received back my “spare” X-33 after a full overhaul. And it came in this nice box:

New crown, case-back, bezel spring, pushers and the final version of the movement fitted. My “other” X-33 doesn’t do this…

…battery changing mode. Or if you prefer, battery saving mode for when you enter hypersleep on your journey to Mars. Another thoughtful X-33 feature.

TT
    Mine has been with Omega in Germany since 22nd January. Why did they replace the case back? Did you ask for that or is it part of the standard service?
    Last edited by gregbuc; 24th April 2022 at 14:15.

Quote Originally Posted by gregbuc View Post
    Mine has been with Omega in Germany since 22nd March. Why did they replace the case back? Did you ask for that or is it part of the standard service?
    I didn’t ask. The only thing I mentioned was that the bezel was stiff.

Craftsman
    I didn’t ask. The only thing I mentioned was that the bezel was stiff.
    Cheers! Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    In comparison to many other brands, £345 is a very fair price indeed.
    Hats off to Omega.
    It is a Thermo quartz though rather than a full automatic strip down
    It's just a matter of time...

Mine has been with Omega in Germany since 22nd January
    Seems excessive, worth following up I think. I was quoted one month at the time I put it in, and that’s what it took. Servicing here is now undertaken locally (at the Shigeru Ban designed Nicholas G. Hayek Centre in Ginza) which likely helps. No post nor custom delays (and there have been no mandated lockdowns nor other Covid restrictions within Japan).

A "spare" X-33? That's just greedy.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Yes, who in their right mind would own more than one X-33…?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    A "spare" X-33? That's just greedy.
    Physician, heal thyself.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Craftsman
    I have just bought the service box off the forum, it was discribed as a boutique edition and is a very nice storage case.
    I have a few of the omega (sunglass type) which are handy watch storage cases but this new design is a lot better, especially for any watches with a rigid strap that doesn't lay flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    I have just bought the service box off the forum, it was described as a boutique edition
    I did pick mine up from an Omega shop, I mean, boutique in Tokyo so that may be pertinent. Perhaps they still use the lozenges if sending by post?

Craftsman
    Seems excessive, worth following up I think. I was quoted one month at the time I put it in, and that’s what it took. Servicing here is now undertaken locally (at the Shigeru Ban designed Nicholas G. Hayek Centre in Ginza) which likely helps. No post nor custom delays (and there have been no mandated lockdowns nor other Covid restrictions within Japan).
    Funnily enough they quoted me 10 weeks at the Hamburg Omega store when I dropped it in. I laughed and said "see you in Summer". She assured me that it wouldn't be that long. I can log into the service portal and I can see it was supposed to be finished yesterday. I'll leave it a day or two and then follow up with them. A month seems more reasonable considering it's a drop out and drop in of a module.

A month seems more reasonable considering it's a drop out and drop in of a module.
    I wondered if I would get the later “Version C” module, as the Omega 1666 service manual describes how to put the movement into “CS Test” mode and check various things, trim the rate, and check the coils. My assumption being that if it was all in spec, they'd leave it and just replace anything else (hands, pushers, crown, seals etc) that needed doing. Otherwise there isn’t much point in having this mode at all.

There wasn’t anything wrong with the module as far as I could tell prior to service, but it was definitely swapped at service, as now I can get that battery change screen, which isn’t on the 1666A. Perhaps it is quicker to swap the module than run those tests…

TT

Craftsman
    I wondered if I would get the later “Version C” module, as the Omega 1666 service manual describes how to put the movement into “CS Test” mode and check various things, trim the rate, and check the coils. My assumption being that if it was all in spec, they'd leave it and just replace anything else (hands, pushers, crown, seals etc) that needed doing. Otherwise there isn’t much point in having this mode at all.

There wasn’t anything wrong with the module as far as I could tell prior to service, but it was definitely swapped at service, as now I can get that battery change screen, which isn’t on the 1666A. Perhaps it is quicker to swap the module than run those tests…

TT
    Fairly sure I'll get a new module as it went for service because the second hand kept stuttering. I'd sync it with the digital time and it'd run fine for a while then it'd stutter for 2/3 seconds and then continue on its way. After a while it was way out. The minute hand was always correct though. It has already had a battery change and that didn't help so off for service it went.

Blog Entries
    Love the box TT. How do you get yours into battery change mode? I have an X33 with 1666C movement but can’t see you to get to that mode.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

With the watch in time mode, hold the pushers at 10 and 4 down until the display changes to WAIT. The hands will move to 12 o’clock and enter the battery change mode. I think it’s the easiest way to check if you have the latest revision of the movement.

Also, 1666A has a teal backlight whilst 1666C is green.

Master
    …service box?

TT
    Did you sent it to Ferry in the Netherlands? He serviced my SM300 and the watch came back in the same box. Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    Did you sent it to Ferry in the Netherlands? He serviced my SM300 and the watch came back in the same box. Very nice!
    I'm based in Japan so this was serviced by Omega in Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Also, 1666A has a teal backlight whilst 1666C is green.

Great photo, and now I am interested in that strap… can you recall where it is from?

Great photo, and now I am interested in that strap… can you recall where it is from?
    Gasgasbones?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Gasgasbones?
    It is indeed.

SPV1 light olive with tan stitch.

keep getting the itch for a x-33. as a everyday under the radar i don’t think there’s much to beat it. so much more interesting than the usual offerings from apple

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app