closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Green Seamaster Diver

Green Seamaster Diver

I’m eyeing this up, I like the darker green (particularly on the rubber) vs the Hulk and much more accessible. Any thoughts?

Hard to say until you see it in the metal I know. Apols if already discussed. I’ve owned a 2254 in the past but what’s the view on the latest iteration?

Haven’t seen it in the metal but reviews say it’s a much subtler, dark navy green vs the hulk. Looks like it could be a very versatile piece. Also think that seamaster is a forum favourite. I own the ceramic one before the current iteration and it certainly is a quality piece. I’ve tried on the current one and it’s a step up from mine. With the new movement and a better bracelet, hard to fault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, thanks. Yes the more muted green definitely appeals.

I think I want the rubber and the bracelet, not sure if there’s a smart way to do that in terms of the price difference and then adding the other strap/bracelet. Can’t quite figure out prices on strap/bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    Haven’t seen it in the metal but reviews say it’s a much subtler, dark navy green vs the hulk. Looks like it could be a very versatile piece. Also think that seamaster is a forum favourite. I own the ceramic one before the current iteration and it certainly is a quality piece. I’ve tried on the current one and it’s a step up from mine. With the new movement and a better bracelet, hard to fault!

The price difference over here in Ireland is only 300 euro. The bracelet alone will definitely be close to 800-900 pounds. Seems like the old saying of always getting it on a bracelet seems about right!

I also would like to see one as I think it looks good but I think I prefer the new GO SeaQuest Panoramic date in green. Of course, a big difference in price!

I think it is certainly on the shopping list. My other half thinks it’s revolting! Just shows she has questionable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    I think it is certainly on the shopping list. My other half thinks it’s revolting! Just shows she has questionable taste
    I fear my wife may call it a swamp green..! I saw it referred to as the ‘sea weed’ by someone, not sure that’s particularly flattering… maybe ‘the kelp’ vs ‘the hulk’??

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    I also would like to see one as I think it looks good but I think I prefer the new GO SeaQuest Panoramic date in green. Of course, a big difference in price!

Yes, different league but I think I prefer the Seamaster (purely on looks). Thanks for adding pics.

Not my photo but reminds me of a British racing green. Very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    The price difference over here in Ireland is only 300 euro. The bracelet alone will definitely be close to 800-900 pounds. Seems like the old saying of always getting it on a bracelet seems about right!

That was my guess and yes the price difference is roughly the same in pounds. Any idea of price of rubber strap including the buckle? I’m assuming the green will be the same as the current blue/black.

If I was in the market for a green diver....

I think it would look good on shark mesh. Luckily I have one….

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack83 View Post
    That was my guess and yes the price difference is roughly the same in pounds. Any idea of price of rubber strap including the buckle? I’m assuming the green will be the same as the current blue/black.
    Rubber strap and buckle is £285.

Having worn a 16610LV daily for 7 years, I never got on with the green bezel - it’s not a colour that went with much clothing, or wowed me in a way a great navy dial can - and I’d never buy another watch with green elements. Not sure why they’ve done so well tbh, and every brand is now releasing green models. Just imho of course.

Master
    I asked about one of these last month and Beaverbrooks reckoned a June delivery and were wanting a 20% down payment to be put on the list for it.

I put my name down in an Omega boutique a couple of weeks ago. They’re expecting them over the next few weeks but expecting quite a small release initially… So will see if I get a call!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack83 View Post
    I put my name down in an Omega boutique a couple of weeks ago. They’re expecting them over the next few weeks but expecting quite a small release initially… So will see if I get a call!

Don’t forget to post some pics!

I've been quoted August for mine from Ernest Jones

Master
    These are starting to come through now. I had a message today offering me one that is in at an Omega boutique (London). I get the impression they are being drip fed at least to begin with.

Master
    This one scratched the green itch for me, I'm over it now, without spending too much.

Grand Master
    I don’t think it works, rolling out the colours is fine but it has to be special and this isn’t but it is a routine good watch and a change from Blue or Black
    RIAC

The Captain Cook certainly satisfied my urge for a green watch:

A

I really don’t get the vogue for green watches, blue or black always looks better imho

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I really don’t get the vogue for green watches, blue or black always looks better imho
    I agree, I have yet to see one I like.
    I (we) are obviously in the minority though as they are everywhere.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    These are starting to come through now. I had a message today offering me one that is in at an Omega boutique (London). I get the impression they are being drip fed at least to begin with.
    do you mind sharing which boutique? I'm keen to see it in the flesh and it I'll be in area soon

Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post

A
    Now that I like, in fact for some reason I think I prefer the Bronze / Red version, but the green is very cool, with an original look to it.

Not really a green fan and I think that Seamaster is pretty ugly.

My only green watch is my Bulova devil diver which I quite like although I haven't worn it for quite a while.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Funny, I can't see this in any other colour but green... infact I don't even think of it as a green dialled watch. It simply is the (baby) alpinist.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

So I got the call today that the green Seamaster (on rubber) was available. I happened to be passing so popped in and tried it on. I really like the green - very muted and understated but overall I think the watch is too chunky for me. I was wearing my sub (16610) and the difference was huge - mainly the height/depth rather than the width if that makes sense. I’m not that big wristed, so… probably not for me but mainly because of size.

It looks nice enough but I don’t like that it’s green in the first place. Rolex made their iconic diver in green (their brand colour) to celebrate an anniversary, everyone else made their divers green because Rolex did.

Omega’s colour is red, they should try to own it rather than copy Rolex. Next they’ll be doing a green planet ocean for no reason whatsoever.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    It looks nice enough but I don’t like that it’s green in the first place. Rolex made their iconic diver in green (their brand colour) to celebrate an anniversary, everyone else made their divers green because Rolex did.

Omega’s colour is red, they should try to own it rather than copy Rolex. Next they’ll be doing a green planet ocean for no reason whatsoever.
    Doesn't everyone copy everyone else with watches. Been going on since Submariner and Fifty Fathoms, and before that too afaik.

That said, the red Aqua Terra is stunning in my opinion, but...

... Rolex got there first. Although I think Omega have done it better. And we can actually buy the Omega (I think?).

Each to their own of course, but I don’t agree with that philosophy. I think it’s a modern take on a classic watch, it’s different enough by being a much darker shade than others. I’d buy it immediately if it was 40mm and a couple of mms shallower.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post

Grand Seiko got there before both to be honest and this one's a stunner

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/grand-s...ition-watch-2/

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Doesn't everyone copy everyone else with watches. Been going on since Submariner and Fifty Fathoms, and before that too afaik.

... Rolex got there first. Although I think Omega have done it better. And we can actually buy the Omega (I think?).

Craftsman
    This is blasphemy, but the green one is the first Seamaster I really like. It’s just never appealed to me, but it looks amazing in that green. The dial looks fantastic.

If only it was a tad smaller and a few grand cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Grand Seiko got there before both to be honest and this one's a stunner

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/grand-s...ition-watch-2/
    Citizen have a red dial chronomaster I think it’s been out longer than both the Omega and Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post

Certainly one brand influences others but a little originality wouldn’t go amiss. “They’ve done green so we will too” just seems a little lazy.

Master
    Have to agree with this one, that CC is great in green and there are about 10 variants of that watch in that colour

Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post

A

I'm tempted with this green one....

I really like green-dialled watches, and own a couple -

...But most of the brands I like currently don't make one.

I could really fancy a Sinn UX G or U1 G -

C'mon Sinn - make one!