closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Green Seamaster Diver

Green Seamaster Diver

Iím eyeing this up, I like the darker green (particularly on the rubber) vs the Hulk and much more accessible. Any thoughts?

Hard to say until you see it in the metal I know. Apols if already discussed. Iíve owned a 2254 in the past but whatís the view on the latest iteration?

Havenít seen it in the metal but reviews say itís a much subtler, dark navy green vs the hulk. Looks like it could be a very versatile piece. Also think that seamaster is a forum favourite. I own the ceramic one before the current iteration and it certainly is a quality piece. Iíve tried on the current one and itís a step up from mine. With the new movement and a better bracelet, hard to fault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, thanks. Yes the more muted green definitely appeals.

I think I want the rubber and the bracelet, not sure if thereís a smart way to do that in terms of the price difference and then adding the other strap/bracelet. Canít quite figure out prices on strap/bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    Havenít seen it in the metal but reviews say itís a much subtler, dark navy green vs the hulk. Looks like it could be a very versatile piece. Also think that seamaster is a forum favourite. I own the ceramic one before the current iteration and it certainly is a quality piece. Iíve tried on the current one and itís a step up from mine. With the new movement and a better bracelet, hard to fault!

The price difference over here in Ireland is only 300 euro. The bracelet alone will definitely be close to 800-900 pounds. Seems like the old saying of always getting it on a bracelet seems about right!

I also would like to see one as I think it looks good but I think I prefer the new GO SeaQuest Panoramic date in green. Of course, a big difference in price!

I think it is certainly on the shopping list. My other half thinks itís revolting! Just shows she has questionable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    I think it is certainly on the shopping list. My other half thinks itís revolting! Just shows she has questionable taste
    I fear my wife may call it a swamp green..! I saw it referred to as the Ďsea weedí by someone, not sure thatís particularly flatteringÖ maybe Ďthe kelpí vs Ďthe hulkí??

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    I also would like to see one as I think it looks good but I think I prefer the new GO SeaQuest Panoramic date in green. Of course, a big difference in price!

Yes, different league but I think I prefer the Seamaster (purely on looks). Thanks for adding pics.

Not my photo but reminds me of a British racing green. Very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    The price difference over here in Ireland is only 300 euro. The bracelet alone will definitely be close to 800-900 pounds. Seems like the old saying of always getting it on a bracelet seems about right!

That was my guess and yes the price difference is roughly the same in pounds. Any idea of price of rubber strap including the buckle? Iím assuming the green will be the same as the current blue/black.

If I was in the market for a green diver....

I think it would look good on shark mesh. Luckily I have oneÖ.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack83 View Post
    That was my guess and yes the price difference is roughly the same in pounds. Any idea of price of rubber strap including the buckle? Iím assuming the green will be the same as the current blue/black.
    Rubber strap and buckle is £285.

Having worn a 16610LV daily for 7 years, I never got on with the green bezel - itís not a colour that went with much clothing, or wowed me in a way a great navy dial can - and Iíd never buy another watch with green elements. Not sure why theyíve done so well tbh, and every brand is now releasing green models. Just imho of course.

Craftsman
    I asked about one of these last month and Beaverbrooks reckoned a June delivery and were wanting a 20% down payment to be put on the list for it.

I put my name down in an Omega boutique a couple of weeks ago. Theyíre expecting them over the next few weeks but expecting quite a small release initiallyÖ So will see if I get a call!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack83 View Post
    I put my name down in an Omega boutique a couple of weeks ago. Theyíre expecting them over the next few weeks but expecting quite a small release initiallyÖ So will see if I get a call!

Donít forget to post some pics!

I've been quoted August for mine from Ernest Jones

Master
    These are starting to come through now. I had a message today offering me one that is in at an Omega boutique (London). I get the impression they are being drip fed at least to begin with.

Master
    This one scratched the green itch for me, I'm over it now, without spending too much.

Grand Master
    I donít think it works, rolling out the colours is fine but it has to be special and this isnít but it is a routine good watch and a change from Blue or Black

The Captain Cook certainly satisfied my urge for a green watch:

A

I really donít get the vogue for green watches, blue or black always looks better imho

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I really donít get the vogue for green watches, blue or black always looks better imho
    I agree, I have yet to see one I like.
    I (we) are obviously in the minority though as they are everywhere.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    These are starting to come through now. I had a message today offering me one that is in at an Omega boutique (London). I get the impression they are being drip fed at least to begin with.
    do you mind sharing which boutique? I'm keen to see it in the flesh and it I'll be in area soon

Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post
    The Captain Cook certainly satisfied my urge for a green watch:

A
    Now that I like, in fact for some reason I think I prefer the Bronze / Red version, but the green is very cool, with an original look to it.

Not really a green fan and I think that Seamaster is pretty ugly.

My only green watch is my Bulova devil diver which I quite like although I haven't worn it for quite a while.

Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Funny, I can't see this in any other colour but green... infact I don't even think of it as a green dialled watch. It simply is the (baby) alpinist.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk