closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rare silver dialled Citizen.

Rare silver dialled Citizen.

Here is another rare Citizen that I picked up a few months ago.

It is the Citizen PMV56-2962 from 2007.

I bought the watch because I liked the design, the silver dial with red highlights, red hands and the red bezel create quite a nice visual impact, which I find attractive. Another reason I got the watch because it was on auction at a low starting price and the seller said this about the watch “I don't know if the battery is dead or broken, but it doesn't work at present. How about a person who can cure after understanding the above conditions? Basically no claim, no return, please.”

I noticed in the sellers photos that the watch had stopped with the second hand pointing to ‘Stop’.

I know that the watch is designed to do this when the charge is very low and thought that a good dose of sunlight and ‘All Reset’ was likely all it needed to get it going again, so I bid and got it at its opening price.

The watch was in good condition when it arrived, a bit of wabi but nothing significant. It came with its box, papers and all the bracelet links. I put it in the sun for a while, did the reset and everything started up perfectly, so a really good result.

The watch is solar with a perpetual calendar. It also has a 1/20th of a second chronograph, alarm, 24hr dial, uni-directional rotating timing bezel and a second time zone.

The bezel is a lovely glossy red with unusual tri wing screws. Green lume on batons and the usual Citizen blue lume on the hands.

Here are a few wrist shots.

Mitch

Master
    Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    Very nice.

Cheers!

The watch won't appeal to everyone but I do like the silver dial with the red hands.

Mitch

I like that, interesting tip on the position of the stopped second hand too.