closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smarty Mobile

Craftsman

Smarty Mobile

Hi is anyone using smarty mobile? Seems they use 3s network..
    They have some cheap sim only deals with decent terms and conditions.
    Thinking about it for the kids..

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

A pal got it on my recommendation and thinks it's excellent. He uses his phone as a hotspot for his laptop/pad and it works fine. As you say it uses the 3 network, which my son is on and gets very good coverage locally, so if 3 is good in your area it should be fine.
    F.T.F.A.

Yeah, not sure how long I've been with them, it's at least 2 years, maybe 3. I've never had an issue, £10 per month for unlimited calls and text with 30GB, suits my student budget, although I'm using a hand me down Pixel 3. Therefore if you're after a new handset I'd go contract with another supplier.

Yes. Its 100%. There is no downside.

Master
    I've been using smarty for the past 3 years and subsequently have moved my wife and both kids (and the electric gate!) over. Excellent value.

Craftsman
    Old Three contracts are still the best of all networks due to roaming ( Pre Brexit )

Post Brexit and if you travel within the EU Smarty is better now they have 5G and WiFi calling. (Smarty include EU roaming at this moment FOC)

Word of warning is that Three’s 4G coverage is the worst due to their spectrum, on 5G however they are a lot better due to going after 5G spectrum before others so depending location you might now want to use Smarty or Three.

Voxi at times have some great cheap deals and use the Voda network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another who has used Smarty for several years. I initially used it in my rural home as the Internet solution i.e. in a 4G modem as the 4G network was way faster than anything that could be achieved over the phone line. This SIM is now installed in my dashcam. I've never used SMARTY for my phone as it didn't support either WIFI calling (important to me) or 5G; it supports both now.

Craftsman
    Thanks its good to hear some real world experiences , I'll check the coverage at home and go from there...

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

FWIW, Smarty came top in a recent Which article of the UK network providers (79%):

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/mobi...works-overview