closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help! International Track & Trace post to Europe

Master

Unhappy Help! International Track & Trace post to Europe

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot International Track & Trace postage? I posted a parcel (clothing return) from the UK to Italy a month ago. It arrived in Italy after a couple of days. But the package has since been shown as "in transit" in Italy for the last three weeks.

The clothing retailer only refunds purchases returned within two weeks, so I’m not happy. However, I can’t see what recourse, if any, I have with the post

Any advice?

The Italian postal service is abysmal. At least you have proof you returned it within the time limit, if it ever gets there. Good luck.

I think international track and signed for has a low level of compensation, about £50 if I recall.

Your problem can be summed up in a single word - Italy. A lot of people won’t buy or sell with anyone from Italy unless you use the big boys, FedEx, UPS etc. A lot of stuff in the Italian post simply goes missing.

Had similar with a parcel we had sent to family in Spain. Posted start of December thinking plenty of time to arrive for Xmas, but it eventually got delivered in February. Status was “in transit” throughout.

Appreciate doesn’t help your predicament but think it will arrive. Last few things we’ve sent post Brexit have been painfully slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    The Italian postal service is abysmal. At least you have proof you returned it within the time limit, if it ever gets there. Good luck.
    This - had problems on both occasions sending stuff to Italy, never again.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I post to Italy on a regular basis and never (yet) had an item lost (I use RM International Tracked & Signed). The issue is probably that, since Brexit, packages have to go through Italian customs before they are handed over to the national postal service for delivery = clearing customs can take a while depending on how busy they are.

What you've described isn't unusual ie. package arrives in Italy after a couple of days but then no update for a while. This is because the package isn't scanned again until it is released from Italian customs.

You don't mention what service you used - Royal Mail? Assuming it is, and if you sent it with a tracked service, then it should get scanned again (tracking will be updated) when it clears Italian customs, but this relies on postie actually scanning it so it is far from foolproof.

Italy gets a bad press for it's postal service but in my experience it's not the worst in Europe.

My advice would be buy from UK independents, support local business.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
    (I use RM International Tracked & Signed).
    Out of interest, what are the decent alternatives?

I post to Italy on a regular basis and never (yet) had an item lost (I use RM International Tracked & Signed). The issue is probably that, since Brexit, packages have to go through Italian customs before they are handed over to the national postal service for delivery = clearing customs can take a while depending on how busy they are.

What you've described isn't unusual ie. package arrives in Italy after a couple of days but then no update for a while. This is because the package isn't scanned again until it is released from Italian customs.

You don't mention what service you used - Royal Mail? Assuming it is, and if you sent it with a tracked service, then it should get scanned again (tracking will be updated) when it clears Italian customs, but this relies on postie actually scanning it so it is far from foolproof.

Italy gets a bad press for it's postal service but in my experience it's not the worst in Europe.
    I stopped sending anything to Italy long before brexit was even a word, at best 50/50 of anything getting through. Spain pretty bad, but can't hold a candle to Italy.

My son posted some ps5 accessory to a friend of his in Italy and it took over 2 months before it was received. All the while my son was stressing as it was some headphones worth a few bucks.

Help! International Track & Trace post to Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    My advice would be buy from UK independents, support local business.
    Hindsight, horse, stable door….

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I agree. The only times I've had trouble with international post, it's been to Italy.

I gave up trying to send stuff to Italy in the end.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master

Question Delay repay – does it exist for RM Tracked & Signed?

Thanks, everyone. I see I'm not alone with Italian post woes post-Brexit.

You don't mention what service you used - Royal Mail?
    Yes, I used Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed. I wonder if I can claim any compensation for the lengthy delay? I guess not because it's still in transit? But it's incredibly late. I tried searching the Royal Mail website for guidance but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    Out of interest, what are the decent alternatives?
    With Royal Mail there isn't a better alterative. It's the most secure international option. Couriers are quicker but considerably more expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Thanks, everyone. I see I'm not alone with Italian post woes post-Brexit.

Yes, I used Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed. I wonder if I can claim any compensation for the lengthy delay? I guess not because it's still in transit? But it's incredibly late. I tried searching the Royal Mail website for guidance but to no avail.
    I wouldn't think there is any compensation for delay, but you can claim for loss if the item is not delivered after 20 working days (from the first day it could have been delivered - i.e. the next working day after it was posted). By the sounds of it you're close to that now?

Standard Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed offers £50 cover, although you can pay extra for cover up to £250 (I assume you were asked the value when you posted it). This page explains = https://www.royalmail.com/help/lost-...arcels-letters and contains a link to the RM claims centre where you can submit an online claim if you need to.

This page shows what your cover is https://www.royalmail.com/international-compensation

Master
    Thanks, Toshi. That Royal Mail info's very helpful. And your Google skills are much better than mine!