closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being known for one watch

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Just to add a personal perspective, my daughter is 10 years old. She says that her favourite watch is my G-Shock because that's what I wear when we do fun and adventurous things. That makes me smile.
    Brilliant. That has made me smile also

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by manicmunnday View Post
    I have a one year old now, and I'd like for her to grow up and recognise 'my' watch so that one day she might own it and have some attachment to it, or that make/model at least (supposing she actually likes me enough to care!)
    Pardon me for saying so but you are really over thinking this. Your daughter won't care less what watch you wear, in fact, unless she grows up really loving watches in general, you could leave a watch to her in your will and she'll most likely put it in a drawer and pull it out of the drawer 20 years later when she's tidying the house.

I'm sure that you'll know yourself, children just remember the moments, the idiosyncrasies but rarely what personal property their parents own.

As far as celebrities are concerned, they are only 'known' for certain watches by collectors. Ask the average person in the street if they've heard of Clint Eastwood and they'll say yes. Ask them what watch he was known for and they won't have a clue, they might guess at a Rolex purely as it's predictable.

Master
    I've often thought that about my watches....what is the one watch I would be known for. My conclusion I don't care. What's the point. I have so many and I rotate them around that I couldn't get pinned down to one watch. I have some favourites that I wear more often than not. But in terms of a brand I'd say Gshocks are probably my most prolific one style of watch.

I don’t know what I’ll be known for but I like to have a watch I know is ‘mine’