closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Customised Rolex Daytona

Master
    Blog Entries

Customised Rolex Daytona

I was browsing the net and an advert for a customised Rolex Daytona Newman Oro popped up. I'm not a fan of customised watches, especially ones that are £37.5k.

I think it is a really good looking watch and I did find it strange that it is a modified 116528 which sell for way more than this.

https://www.flannels.com/tblack-role...lcode=75734290

Grand Master
    It’s not gold its gold coated from the description ! All very debatable, if it was gold you would send to Rolex, new dial and bezel at circa 5k plus a service to make it ‘human’ again and has it original papers! And is it a Rolex Chrono Movement inside, all very whooly
    RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries
    I thought the 116528 was a solid gold model?

Master
    Beware.

There comes a point at which Rolex will simply refuse to touch a watch that has been b4stardised too far.

In the last five years I've been involved with two heavily customised Daytonas, one in terms of advising and the other in terms of insurance salvage value, and they were both disasters. Original sellers washed their hands of servicing / parts and Rolex wouldn't touch them. Heavy investments by their owners....rendered worthless except for a few barely useable parts. Once a case number has been XXX'ed.......

More than ever Rolex UK seem to be looking for the slightest excuse to RUD service requests.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Beware.

There comes a point at which Rolex will simply refuse to touch a watch that has been b4stardised too far.

In the last five years I've been involved with two heavily customised Daytonas, one in terms of advising and the other in terms of insurance salvage value, and they were both disasters. Original sellers washed their hands of servicing / parts and Rolex wouldn't touch them. Heavy investments by their owners....rendered worthless except for a few barely useable parts. Once a case number has been XXX'ed.......

More than ever Rolex UK seem to be looking for the slightest excuse to RUD service requests.
    Wow amazing! As always invaluable information that is much appreciated and definitely noted.

Just had a look at Companies House re Titan Black Ltd. (Company number 07097341). It's shown in liquidation.

https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/07097341

Oh & imagine the kudos of buying your Rolex Daytona Newman from the Sports Direct Group! Do you get a free giant bag & mug?
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Just had a look at Companies House re Titan Black Ltd. (Company number 07097341). It's shown in liquidation.

https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/07097341

Oh & imagine the kudos of buying your Rolex Daytona Newman from the Sports Direct Group! Do you get a free giant bag & mug?
    They would charge for the bag I am sure!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    I was browsing the net and an advert for a customised Rolex Daytona Newman Oro popped up. I'm not a fan of customised watches, especially ones that are £37.5k.

I think it is a really good looking watch and I did find it strange that it is a modified 116528 which sell for way more than this.

https://www.flannels.com/tblack-role...lcode=75734290
    116523 is the base model for these IIRC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    116523 is the base model for these IIRC
    The printing on the dial doesn't even seem to have been applied straight.

Here it is bluntly for the slow or naive :

"What will you lend me, if I give you one of these as security, Haywood?"

"Nothing."

edited to add :

I did give a loan against one of those awful "Ho Punter" things once. Very relieved when the borrower redeemed it.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 6th April 2022 at 12:26.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    The printing on the dial doesn't even seem to have been applied straight.

Here it is bluntly for the slow or naive :

"What will you lend me, if I give you one of these as security, Haywood?"

"Nothing."

edited to add :

I did give a loan against one of those awful "Ho Punter" things once. Very relieved when the borrower redeemed it.
    I am no fan of TB Bamford et al.
    Perfect way to ruin decent watches imo.

What’s the line here between customised and fake. If I make my own customised dial and stick a Rolex logo on it surely it’s a fake.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    What’s the line here between customised and fake. If I make my own customised dial and stick a Rolex logo on it surely it’s a fake.
    No simple answer to that. If an Insta-clown cash-monkey fits a Momo steering wheel bearing a Mercedes badge into his AMG 55, does it render it no longer a Mercedes?

Would Rolex service your porcelain dial 16523 if you had applied a transfer of your member to the dial? Have to try it. Again.

Rolex refusing to service something may not be the same as something being "fake," in common understanding or law.

Master
    What I’m more surprised about is that it’s advertised on Flannels!

You don't want to be the kind of guy that buys his Rolex's off Mike Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    This was discussed at length over a Seiko in SC but may see a different outcome for everyone’s favourite brand…