closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid Kick Up the ....

My wife and kids had it a few months back, felt fine. I got it a few weeks after they had it after a trip to London and again was fine. Everyone at work has had it at different times since Christmas and all fine. It is amazing how it affects people so differently.

Master
    I haven't had it and as an asthma sufferer with various other allergies, I don't want it as I have no idea what it would do to me. Asthma attacks, for me are rare but terrifying. Any kind of airborne irritant has me wheezing and a severe attack (when my inhalers stop working) scare the dooh dahs out of me and all around me by my extreme reaction. How those medical staff have coped, watching folks fighting for their lives, day in and day out leaves me full of admiration for them. I passed a chap, as I walked into the supermarket the other day and he looked at my mask, shook his head and said "F***ing nonce!" and walked on shaking his head. It takes all sorts to make a world! Stay safe (in your own chosen way) everyone.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My wife and I had covid last month,we both had jabs when offered so it’s no worse than a bad case of flu for us.We both wear masks when out ,I don’t care what others think about it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    ,I don’t care what others think about it.
    And nor should you. Myself and wife haven’t (as far as we know) had COVID. We don’t wear masks and have been on planes, pubs, restaurants etc.

I wouldn’t criticise anyone for wanting to wear a mask (although would question the validity of just a piece of cloth and not a protective mask) and I wouldn’t expect criticism for not wearing a mask. Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    looked at my mask, shook his head and said "F***ing nonce!" and walked on shaking his head.
    My normal response to that is:

‘Yes, but it helps mask the smell of your BO!’

Master
    Been knocked for six since Saturday, never known anything like it. Mild flu / cold? You lucky sods. I have a complete lack of concentration beyond 30mins, coughing all the time and then add the sneezing & aching.

Am so glad it is not a daft time at work, as I’m unable to use any form of brain power for long, before I’m all foggy & tired.

Walking upstairs to get something exhausts me. SPO2 is fine, but checking it regularly as I genuinely feel worse than I ever have before.

The app pinged me earlier to suggest I was in contact with someone with covid yesterday, after me telling them if my positive test Sunday. Nobody came to the house yesterday, so clearly a flawed system!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    For what reason would you wear one if you were on the tube?
    I ask because I’ve picked up many customers who have told me they will continue to wear a mask even after the requirement has been dropped because they don’t want to catch covid. Yet they are wearing the surgical type or cloth type. Neither of which will help stop them catching covid.
    I used the tube for 20 years daily, always crowded full of people and I often had head colds. Got so sick of the tube I started commuting to n a motorbike and the colds stopped virtually overnight. I now live well outside of London and don’t intend to use the tube ever again tbh - but if I do it would seem sensible to wear a mask imho - as much to avoid being sneezed and breathed on by people full of colds as opposed to Covid. I now live in a rural area and rarely wear a mask - but anything to avoid catching an airborne illness when you’re crammed like sardines into a metal box full of 100 strangers seems to make sense to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    “Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    For what reason would you wear one if you were on the tube?
    I ask because I’ve picked up many customers who have told me they will continue to wear a mask even after the requirement has been dropped because they don’t want to catch covid. Yet they are wearing the surgical type or cloth type. Neither of which will help stop them catching covid.”

…although using an FFP2 or FFP3 reduces risks of acquisition by the wearer by probably at least 60%. Why wouldn’t you wear one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I used the tube for 20 years daily, always crowded full of people and I often had head colds. Got so sick of the tube I started commuting to n a motorbike and the colds stopped virtually overnight. I now live well outside of London and don’t intend to use the tube ever again tbh - but if I do it would seem sensible to wear a mask imho - as much to avoid being sneezed and breathed on by people full of colds as opposed to Covid. I now live in a rural area and rarely wear a mask - but anything to avoid catching an airborne illness when you’re crammed like sardines into a metal box full of 100 strangers seems to make sense to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Might be worth doing a bit more risk assessment of those options: what’s the risk of suffering serious respiratory illness or death per tube journey compared to the risks of serious illness or death per motorcycle commute?

Over to you on that one…

I had Covid last September, I posted a bit about it in another thread on here about my experience, but in short it has massively affected my physical and mental health. I have just come back from a Long Covid Recovery Course run by The Firefighters Charity where many other previously fit and healthy Fire Service personnel around the U.K. were trying to regain a modicum of fitness to get back to work, some have been suffering two years. It’s a very real; albeit very small risk, but it is certainly not something to be taken lightly. I guess at least this latest Omicron strain and further variant have mostly been milder, let’s hope it keeps weakening. It wasn’t so much the Covid that got me but the Long Covid health implications. Keep safe and well all

Master
    I’ve been knocked for six for the last 5 days, the coughing and sneezing has just died away now, but my back muscles still feel the pain.

I still have zero energy, and fatigue quickly. Tried to do a few hours work clearing emails and struggled to focus due to brain fog.

Just tested positive again this morning, so that is tonight’s curry out of the window. Hoping I can be negative tomorrow & go out for dinner, if not then my only 2 plans for the weekend are written off.

I’m fed up, tired and just wanted to go out for the curry I’ve looked forward to all week.

Craftsman
    If I was feeling that tired, with brain fog, the last thing I would want to do would be to go out for a meal, regardless of a test result. You can also get false negative results, especially if you have very recently been ill with it. It is not like flipping a switch, crap one day and then fine then next, with life back to normal. I suggest you need a lot longer to recover, and not put others at risk.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    If I was feeling that tired, with brain fog, the last thing I would want to do would be to go out for a meal, regardless of a test result. You can also get false negative results, especially if you have very recently been ill with it. It is not like flipping a switch, crap one day and then fine then next, with life back to normal. I suggest you need a lot longer to recover, and not put others at risk.
    Perhaps you don’t get enjoyment if looking forward to something and then enjoying that moment.

Congratulations on possibly the most condescending post in this thread.

Have a pat on the back from me. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    Not exactly. The lateral flow tests are fairly good at telling you when you are contagious. The fact that a PCR would still tell you you are positive doesn’t mean you’d be a danger for others.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I’ve been knocked for six for the last 5 days, the coughing and sneezing has just died away now, but my back muscles still feel the pain.

I still have zero energy, and fatigue quickly. Tried to do a few hours work clearing emails and struggled to focus due to brain fog.

Just tested positive again this morning, so that is tonight’s curry out of the window. Hoping I can be negative tomorrow & go out for dinner, if not then my only 2 plans for the weekend are written off.

I’m fed up, tired and just wanted to go out for the curry I’ve looked forward to all week.

Legally you can go out for dinner regardless I think…morally, well…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Legally you can go out for dinner regardless I think…morally, well…
    Indeed, given there is no need to even test & just count to 5 days, there is going to be lots of people just going out untested.