closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vision Vintage-make of this what you will.

Master

Vision Vintage-make of this what you will.

I’m not sure what Vision Vintage’s reputation on here is but I thought I’d share this for transparency.

I bought an old Tissot watch from the Omega Forums for £250 at the tail end of last year. It was a nice looking little watch which I had plans to restore. But, when I received it, I had second thoughts and sold it at a loss, for £100 on this forum.

I was happy to just sell the watch and move on, we all know in vintage watches you win some and you lose some.

I thought nothing more of the watch until it popped up on Vision Vintage’s Instagram for sale this afternoon. Needless to say, I went to the website, interested in what price it was up for. To me, it is a very tired old watch in need of a lot of attention.

VV have it up for sale at £850. Remember I sold it for £100, which I genuinely think was fair market value.

This is a link to the the watch, in case anyone is interested….

https://www.visionvintagewatches.com...honeycomb-6918

For full disclosure, I’ve been in touch with the person I sold it to and they didn’t sell it to VV. Although someone somewhere is getting a nice lift!
    Last edited by Slevin Kelevra; 4th April 2022 at 19:23.

Just flicked through their site there. Pretty overpriced on some pieces. They also have a 5513 described as 'untouched'...... far from.. look at those crownguards. I generally take a wide berth when they try to sell polished pieces at unpolished prices.

https://www.visionvintagewatches.com...5513-pre-comex

Is pre comex a thing?

None of their stock grabs me as being good vfm, that might be because I'm tight and out of touch with prices. Or it might not.

They seem to have removed the watch from sale? Tells me everything I need to know.

I've just looked at their prices. Most rather ridiculous IMO.

Obviously watch collectors will know better so I expect they rely on passing trade.
    Cheers,
    Neil.