closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A nice problem to have ...40th birthday watch for next year...decisions decisions

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Collector View Post
    I asked the same question on here about 18 months ago and I got some really good suggestions. I talked to my wife about it and she asked a simple question, is it a watch you’re going to keep or sell in a few years? That changed my perspective slightly, was I buying it to mark my 40th or do I want to have it forever? Maybe ask yourself, if you haven’t already, the same question? That may focus the search a little?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Definitely a forever watch like my omega AT I bought for my 30th.
    Last edited by Stuno1; 17th April 2022 at 18:35.

Master
    I am looking for a watch for my 40th as well.

I am thinking about a JLC master control date PM, a master ultra thin moon PM or a geophysic.

Would love a PM dress watch. Not sure about other brands. A lange and Patek is too expensive for me.

I'm picking out my retirement watch and I think I'm going to go for a Rolex GMT. Going to get on the list now and hopefully I'll receive one in time for my 67th birthday.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I'm picking out my retirement watch and I think I'm going to go for a Rolex GMT. Going to get on the list now and hopefully I'll receive one in time for my 67th birthday.
    That’s planning ahead for a 30 year old 🤪

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    I am looking for a watch for my 40th as well.

I am thinking about a JLC master control date PM, a master ultra thin moon PM or a geophysic.

Would love a PM dress watch. Not sure about other brands. A lange and Patek is too expensive for me.
    Some lovely options there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    That’s planning ahead for a 30 year old 浪
    Haha, exactly!

p.s. I don't particularly like the GMT, give me a no-date Sub any day

Journeyman
    Love the Glashutte Senator collection.

Tried one on at Terminal 2 and it’s just a question of when. The quality is fantastic. Prefer it to my Seamaster.

https://www.glashuette-original.com/...ction/senator/

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    You really have to make sure the AD understands what you want timescale wise. Because normally they just give the watches to the best customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestofthebest View Post
    You really have to make sure the AD understands what you want timescale wise. Because normally they just give the watches to the best customers.
    Giving them 35 years to get it sourced, so I hope they'll pull it off but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Joking aside, I'm not on a list for any Rolex at the moment, since my WoS AD stopped stocking Rolex I've not had the heart to bother trying elsewhere. I am however trying for a VC but fear I may have missed the boat there too. What a funny world we live in!

Craftsman
    Late vote here for a Navitimer. Tried one on the last time I was in my local Goldsmiths & surprised myself how much I loved it. Like I really want one now - the rose gold model in particular.

Master
    https://i.imgur.com/bJcC0kA.jpg
    I tried the Zenith Chronomaster, it was small on my 7.75" wrist so I got the one in the picture & absolutely love it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/bJcC0kA.jpg
    I tried the Zenith Chronomaster, it was small on my 7.75" wrist so I got the one in the picture & absolutely love it.
    Great looking watch.

Master
    Great looking watch.
    Thanks,
    I'm really pleased with it. I set out for the white dial Chronomaster but was advised that, despite being 41mm, it came up small. It was too small but the one in the picture is 42mm & much more suitably proportioned for me. It looks good & I can read it without my glasses!
    The lume plots are a bit small but that's the only downside.

Master
    Well my lovely wife has agreed I can spend up to 8k which would get me the chronomaster sport on the used market. Also, zenith have committed to focusing on these models due to popularity and have even discontinued the defy classic to refocus production as such don’t think this will be out of reach on my time frames.

Now to look at other options with the revised budget! The zenith chronomaster sport is leading the way though.

Well my lovely wife has agreed I can spend up to 8k which would get me the chronomaster sport on the used market. Also, zenith have committed to focusing on these models due to popularity and have even discontinued the defy classic to refocus production as such don’t think this will be out of reach on my time frames.

Now to look at other options with the revised budget! The zenith chronomaster sport is leading the way though.
    Interesting to hear that the Defy Classic has been discontinued. I always liked that watch (the skeleton version on the bracelet), maybe a bargain to be had if they're clearing shops. Or maybe the opposite, who knows!