closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Be careful out there folks!

Blog Entries

Be careful out there folks!

Motorist pleads guilty to careless driving.

https://www.northants.police.uk/news...eo-submission/
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    As close passes go, that one would barely register on my list. I think it was more the speed he was doing, which was inconsiderate and reckless.

Blog Entries
    As above - there was sufficient space (IMHO) but he should have slowed down.

Too fast and too close - that wasn't even close to 1.5m though it can be tricky to tell with the perspective provided by the camera.

As for causing a rider to fall it looks, to me, like they couldn't/ didn't unclip their shoes fast enough. Not entirely sure that's the fault of the driver though I suppose the reason why they felt they had to stop was because of him.

Now let’s hope the prosecute cyclist for riding badly as well

Worse thing where i live is other drivers thinking they are taking part in a rally stage. Total idiots on the roads these days, never seen such morons.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Inconsiderate, but not uncommon. Dunno why she fell over.

As with most of these situations a little consideration would solve the problem.

Unfortunately a few tossers out there.

Seems harsh, he did not come that close to any of them and was doing maybe 20mph

Master
    How the heck did she fall over. I think it was a 7 year old in the body of a middle aged woman.

Given the close passes I get most days I’d class that as a wide pass. Yesterday a transit wing mirror actually clipped my shoulder. He wound down his window and accused me of going up the inside…..mmmm. I’m conflicted on the whole dashcam/headcam policing, but I’m now starting to think I need me one of them cams for the very least considerate (or god forbid someone takes me out one day)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Inconsiderate, but not uncommon. Dunno why she fell over.
    Probably could not get unclipped quickly enough.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Worse thing where i live is other drivers thinking they are taking part in a rally stage. Total idiots on the roads these days, never seen such morons.
    They will continue to do so because if they do get caught, it's a bugger all fine and 3 points.

We should be a lot tougher if say you get 12 points in 5 years, you will automatically get a 10 year ban. It's the only way

One idiot off the road and everyone else is safer.

Watching that, the driver was being a total bully.

If the cyclists were another car he wouldn't have done that, and that's the acid test. Should show the cyclists the same courtesy as he would another car.

He could have slowed down, or stopped, let the bikes pass and then carry on. Would have taken all of 2 seconds, but no big man in big car has to show he's the boss, well it's cost him £1,200 and 5 points. Well done to the police on this one.

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by magpie215 View Post
    Probably could not get unclipped quickly enough.
    She’s still got her feet in the clips as she’s rolling around in the ditch.

If someone in a car causes you to hit something by driving to close, say it makes you hit a Kerb or even another car, does this now mean that the police will take these incidents seriously as well.

I’m a cyclist and Initially this was funny, Not sure why.
    But imagine if you were out for a ride with your kid on a country lane and this happened, you would be furious.
    I think the new guidelines/rules for motorists regarding cyclists are a great idea, just slow down/give some space - we all know cyclists can be di*ks but they are like scared little dogs barking through fear. It’s not a fight worth having - Car vs push iron the car will always do terrible damage to an almost naked man/woman.

Utter berk, should've got a harsher penalty!

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Given the close passes I get most days I’d class that as a wide pass.
    100% i've had a lot worse than that, but still not cool at all. Glad to see people are getting prosecuted.

I’ve seen this on a lot of car groups I’m on, it’s weird how cyclists seem to generate so much hatred. Watching that the issue is the speed. Really simple test is would you pass a horse rider that close and at that speed?

The difference is that a bicycle is not an independent sentient being in the way that a horse is. Equating the two is pointless.
    He was going too fast, but there is no reason for that person to fall over, he was as far away as he could have been. If that were a horse, you should stop completely on a road that narrow, and allow the horse to pass you.

SydR
    Cyclist fell over, well after the vehicle passed, as they forgot to unclip so not a direct fault of the driver.

However, I come across cyclists on single track roads frequently, and stop, or slow to a crawl, to allow them to pass me unless, of course, we meet at a passing place where I pass fill the care I would expect anyone to give me.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    The difference is that a bicycle is not an independent sentient being in the way that a horse is. Equating the two is pointless.
    He was going too fast, but there is no reason for that person to fall over, he was as far away as he could have been. If that were a horse, you should stop completely on a road that narrow, and allow the horse to pass you.
    Both have a human on then and the law requires they are given space.

Yeah, the falling over is a red herring.

The issue was passing so close and not slowing down. It bullying, intimidating, aggressive, especially more so head on.

Simply wouldn't have happened if he was passing a tractor, another car etc.

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I can't see much wrong with it apart from some plonk falling off their bike. I've had much worse when cars overtake you and cut you up because another car is coming the other way.