closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sick as a ..................

Master

Sick as a ..................

.............. three year old after a breakfast of hot cross buns, strawberries and milk! Yukkk! Spent most of the day cleaning the wife's Polo and child seat. Not the best day of my life. Can't get the stench out of my nose. Just off to apply some Vicks to my top lip! You gotta love grandchildren!

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    .............. three year old after a breakfast of hot cross buns, strawberries and milk! Yukkk! Spent most of the day cleaning the wife's Polo and child seat. Not the best day of my life. Can't get the stench out of my nose. Just off to apply some Vicks to my top lip! You gotta love grandchildren!
    I can deal with most fluids from bodily functions apart from sick

Craftsman
    The whiff of it or Dettol and I get a flashback to My old infant school and the old caretaker Mr Edwards dutifully sprinkling sawdust on a little pile of vomit while He went to get His bucket and mop. Poor bugger had to probably do this a dozen times a week ....Euuuugh

When I was 3-3.1/2, my mother took me from Glasgow to Millport for the day on the ferry.

I ate two honkin'-big nickerbockerglories (in the days when they were HUGE), and some melon.

I horked my ring up on the ferry back, and blamed the melon.

I have been unable to eat melon in the subsequent 6 decades !!!

I have tried, but I start convulsing at the merest taste of that poison!

On a flight - if there is a fruit salad where the melon has touched the other fruits................. Nope! take it away!

Melon-scented soap or shower gel? At least I am in the shower when I hork up!

The wife being a teaching assistant isn't phased by the odd bit of vom….they use some very clever stuff they sprinkle over the “splat” which sets it like jelly, it can then be picked up like a dropped pizza.

Edit….more like an omelette

Master
    And with little ones you get no warning. 0 to projectile in an instant.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    And with little ones you get no warning. 0 to projectile in an instant.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yup! A little cough followed by Whoooooosh! Slop! Arrrrrrgh!

Blog Entries
    We have two boys and my wife was sick for 9 months during both pregnancies. Hyperemesis gravidarum. 10, 20x/day heading for the toilet bowl. If she was able to get there in time... I cannot be bothered anymore with vomit or sick. I remember us both being in the bathroom, she vomiting again, me brushing my teeth.

On the other hand, my wife cannot stand sick. So when the boys used to throw up in the car; and that happened quite often, it was 100% me who took care of that.

My youngest cannot stand flying. He's sick during every flight. A flight to my inlaws in Florida for Xmas was always a trip with tons of sick bags. And on the way back when he was asleep, he was sick when sleeping. Still he loves to go everywhere by plane. Last time my wife and he went to New York, they flew to Iceland first, did whale watching there and then travelled to NY.