closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Seamaster with the 1120 movement?

  1. #1

    Seamaster with the 1120 movement?

    Pros and cons guys and gals please.

    Personally the aesthetics are far more pleasing than the later ones with see-through hands, what is that all about?
    Apparenly they are supposed to be very reliable.

  2. #2
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    217
    I have a sword hand 2255 and it's a watch I'll never part with. My first Omega bought pre-owned 10 years ago and I love it. Serviced by Omega about 7 years ago, but still the most accurate watch I have. I believe watch makers like the 1120 as its ETA2892 based, a proven workhorse and nice to work on (although parts are hard to get if they are not officially associated with Omega/Swatch I gather).
    The Speedmaster type bracelet that tends to come with these is a nice change from the usual Bond affair, and as you suggest, the sword hands make it suoer-legible, with lume up there with the best.

    Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Master Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,053
    As far as I know, the 1120 was used in both models with the sword hands and models with the skeleton hands?

    Yes, it's a mystery to me what Omega was doing....they updated the Seamaster with the sword hands model then seemed to backtrack when they discontinued it in favour of the skeleton hands. Much prefer the sword hands....skeleton just looks dated to me, even on the most up to date models.

  4. #4
    Is that the titanium version, the 2255?

    I have treated myself to the 2254. It looks and feels lovely, it just sits quietly and I don't know it is there it is so comfortable. Plus I like things that aren't quite mainstream, that smacks of 'following the crowd', I will leave that to the sheople.

    I would put a picture up, but even at 900kb it is 10x too big... 97kb? How can that be right? The original files out of my camera are closer to 14Mb
    Last edited by Kairos; 31st March 2022 at 09:58.

  5. #5
    Grand Master markrlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    24,354
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    I would put a picture up, but even at 900kb it is 10x too big... 97kb? How can that be right? The original files out of my camera are closer to 14Mb
    Upload to free hosting and then link it with [img] tags.

  6. #6
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    217
    No, the 2255 is steel (blue dial + polished bezel insert), while I believe the Ti version is the 2231

    Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    Is that the titanium version, the 2255?

    I have treated myself to the 2254. It looks and feels lovely, it just sits quietly and I don't know it is there it is so comfortable. Plus I like things that aren't quite mainstream, that smacks of 'following the crowd', I will leave that to the sheople.

    I would put a picture up, but even at 900kb it is 10x too big... 97kb? How can that be right? The original files out of my camera are closer to 14Mb
    Titanium is 2231.80 for blue dial, 2231.50 for black:


  8. #8
    Grand Master MartynJC (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lagoa, Portugal
    Posts
    11,093
    Blog Entries
    20
    Iíve had a few in my time and had the 2541.80.00 (quartz) version for a long time, before I got into the whole watch swap arena. The Cal 1120 (eta 2892/A2 ebauchť) is a rugged movement with very good pedigree. Maybe the design is getting a bit dated esp the bracelet -

    However Iíve recently bought the latest Bond NTTD and this returns to the same design and slimmer case than the 8x00 calibre of late (single barrel not double). Love it!

    "Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly soĒ. HHGTTG

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    As far as I know, the 1120 was used in both models with the sword hands and models with the skeleton hands?

    Yes, it's a mystery to me what Omega was doing....they updated the Seamaster with the sword hands model then seemed to backtrack when they discontinued it in favour of the skeleton hands. Much prefer the sword hands....skeleton just looks dated to me, even on the most up to date models.
    This.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    Pros and cons guys and gals please.

    Personally the aesthetics are far more pleasing than the later ones with see-through hands, what is that all about?
    Apparenly they are supposed to be very reliable.
    The 1120 has some small modifications and is supposed to be one of the best iterations of the ETA2892. It's also quite nicely finished.

    It's an accurate and reliable movement and servicing is inexpensive if you shop around.
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 31st March 2022 at 17:17.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information