closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Open banking apps?

Master
    Blog Entries

Open banking apps?

Anyone used any of these open banking apps that link into your various accounts that then give you various reports on your spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Anyone used any of these open banking apps that link into your various accounts that then give you various reports on your spending.
    I am a fan of money dashboard but you can actually do it in some of the main banking apps - off the top of my head both Santander and HSBC offer this. Monzo also do it for a fee.

Both my Halifax and NatWest have this option so I guess most banks offer it now.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

I use moneyhub and it's really good. It's Ł15 a year or something but it means they don't have to sell your data to make money. If you aren't paying you are the product and all that

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I am a fan of money dashboard but you can actually do it in some of the main banking apps - off the top of my head both Santander and HSBC offer this. Monzo also do it for a fee.
    Money Dashboard seems the market leader.

It’s free, what is their business model?

Edit from their website.

How does Money Dashboard make money?
    ��
    Money Dashboard provides insight and market research services to help companies better understand trends in consumer behaviour. We identify shifts in consumer preferences using anonymised spending information from Money Dashboard users. Money Dashboard may offer suggestions for products and services like credit cards, home loan offers or insurance providers that can save you money. If you select a product based on our suggestion, Money Dashboard may receive a fee from the product provider.
    Last edited by Montello; 30th March 2022 at 20:36.

They sell data and market insights. The data they help you collect, analyse, and understand is valuable data to the financial services industry to understand behaviour, trends, etc.

(Edit - you updated your post as I submitted mine, good job we said the same sort of thing!)

Master
    Blog Entries
    With the money dashboard could I also link in my wife’s accounts to give a family overview?

Have used a few. Currently trying out the app "Emma". The only problem for me is that my joint account is with Virgin which doesn't support open banking.

Money Dashboard seems the market leader.

It’s free, what is their business model?

Edit from their website.

How does Money Dashboard make money?
    ��
    Money Dashboard provides insight and market research services to help companies better understand trends in consumer behaviour. We identify shifts in consumer preferences using anonymised spending information from Money Dashboard users. Money Dashboard may offer suggestions for products and services like credit cards, home loan offers or insurance providers that can save you money. If you select a product based on our suggestion, Money Dashboard may receive a fee from the product provider.
    They didn’t make enough - they were sold to a new company last month after running out of money.

I prefer to keep this kind of stuff separate TBH.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    I prefer to keep this kind of stuff separate TBH.
    Doesn’t seem that any of them allow different peoples accounts to be connected without “gaming” the system.

So these things give a personal overview only not a household overview which seem a bit of a fundamental limitation for those who share expenses with their spouse.

Doesn’t seem that any of them allow different peoples accounts to be connected without “gaming” the system.

So these things give a personal overview only not a household overview which seem a bit of a fundamental limitation for those who share expenses with their spouse.

Cannot see why they wouldn't? You just need whoever controls the account to allow the authorisation to link?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Cannot see why they wouldn't? You just need whoever controls the account to allow the authorisation to link?
    Details here:
    https://support.moneydashboard.com/h...th-my-partner-

Although the other issue I have discovered is that First Direct categorise transactions on the current account but not on the VISA accounts so drawing in that data will not be that insightful as most of our spending is on the VISA account.

I use two main institutions; First Direct who were once the innovative new bank and Revolut.

Seems FD are now slow and behind the curve where as Revolut are right up on this stuff.
    Last edited by Montello; 31st March 2022 at 10:53.

Stuff that I dl my account and import into ms money on windows box