closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tudor releases

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Spotted this on one of the videos. Think I will definitely try to get one.

Looks like they have taken some of the bottom of the case away. You can see as the crown now sits below the bottom of the side of the case. Same as what they did with the 41GMT to reduce the slab sided look. Visually it helps but doesn’t hide the height when wearing it.

Tudor releases

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Looks like they have taken some of the bottom of the case away. You can see as the crown now sits below the bottom of the side of the case. Same as what they did with the 41GMT to reduce the slab sided look. Visually it helps but doesn’t hide the height when wearing it.
    Certainly understand your point.

For me personally it won’t be an issue. Some of my Sinns are thick (my largest is 17mm, with a domed sapphire and wears thinner).

My 358 for example has the cut away case you mention and the dome (it is 15mm thick). Wears thinner.

I actually find it wears similar to my 13.2mm thick Seiko SPB153.

Anyway. I look forward to giving one ago. :)
    Last edited by Gavbaz; 30th March 2022 at 21:26.

I’m not sure about the Pro’s thickness but it took me 4 years to decide on the 41mm BB GMT and I’ve worn it loads since finally succumbing. 16cm wrist and all…

I’ll also admit that I’m strangely drawn to the new S&G.

Not that I’m in the market for anything new at the moment. Or at least until I see one in a shop window.

Not being able to get hold of one immediately at least means I can save up!

The only think that I didn't like about the GMT was that slab side and the sharp edge between the side and bottom of case.

Hmmmm....pretty thick....

BBGMT root beer is the star of the show but sadly too big.

BBpro is too much of a pastiche of an explorer II, too thick and too faux vintage for my taste

BB38 would have been great in steel, looks rubbish in two tone

The Chronos and Tudor royals are forgettable.

Overall, a bad year for Tudor IMO

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Black Bay Pro looks incredible. Hopefully it has the T Clasp.

Can’t wait to see one in the flesh.

Watchadvisor hands on video example has T clasp
    Last edited by pete-r; 31st March 2022 at 09:49.

Journeyman
    I agree on the thickness front.
    I absolutely love the look of my Heritage Black Bay Chrono, and its Daytona wannabe vibe, but it gets no wrist time as its just a little too thick for me.

I feel like it’s the same here. The BBs are noticeably thicker than similar watches from other brands and it is definitely a big limiting factor, for me personally.

Journeyman
    Yeah the thickness is a worry for me too. I was really looking forward to the potential of Tudor releasing a GMT in a smaller case diameter but it seems they’ve missed the mark on this one assuming it’s as head-heavy as it looks. I need to see one in the flesh to decide- before I call round, does anyone know if there is a London AD with one I can go and see? My local AD (on the south coast) has said they don’t have one and they're not taking orders over the phone.

Craftsman
    The original is my unequivocal Grail so this is likely the closest I will ever get. My local AD have been great for me on sourcing Tudor in the past but the thickness is a concern so I’ll I think I’ll want to try with a dress shirt first.

Quote Originally Posted by therooster View Post
    The original is my unequivocal Grail so this is likely the closest I will ever get. My local AD have been great for me on sourcing Tudor in the past but the thickness is a concern so I’ll I think I’ll want to try with a dress shirt first.
    It may wear better than we think and there's nothing like trying it on in person. For many years I rejected the Speedmaster Pro based on dimensions alone. Then I tried one and it was fine. Speedy has smilar thickness to the BBpro but the slit case design of the Speedy helps massively. There's no getting away from the fact that the BBpro looks chunky but it may not be a problem in real life so to speak. Hope it works out for you cos they look amazing.

My Hydroconquest is supposed to be 11.90mm thick, but it is much chunkier and stands much further off my wrist than the Seamaster which is 11.7mm, so the same to all extents and purposes. The same numbers but one is far sleeker than the other. That 0.2mm feels more like 2.0mm!

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Watch advisory hands on video example has T clasp
    Thanks, watched some of that yesterday but will finish today. Really good channel and always have great videos.

I wonder whether the T clasp will be available separately now.

Quote Originally Posted by AP1 View Post
    Yeah the thickness is a worry for me too. I was really looking forward to the potential of Tudor releasing a GMT in a smaller case diameter but it seems they’ve missed the mark on this one assuming it’s as head-heavy as it looks. I need to see one in the flesh to decide- before I call round, does anyone know if there is a London AD with one I can go and see? My local AD (on the south coast) has said they don’t have one and they're not taking orders over the phone.
    I've assumed this will be like the BB Chrono...two years in and I've still not seen one! I would have thought they will be taken into stock then immediately sold to whoever made it to the top of the waiting list.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If I can get one (I’ve asked my AD) then I’d get the bracelet but look at buying the “leabber” strap separately I think it suits it well.

The BBP was a ray of light after a pretty poor watches and wonders all around.

I dislike their choice of name. I don't get how this is "pro" any more than any other black bay and it reminds me of an iPhone.

I am going to look at one later this afternoon once the AD has taken delivery. If it is not too fat on the wrist I will likely buy it and post some pics later.

Also they will have the Root Beer available to look at although they are allocated.

Master
    Spoke to my local AD and they dont know when they're getting any in, unfortunately, and there's been 10 people ask about them so far. Think I'll wait a while!

Master
    My Ad had a couple delivered this morning. Unfortunately I was too slow to get far enough up the list! Was allowed a look though which was very nice of them. Both stunning imho.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

For anyone wanting a more detailed look at the watch this video is pretty good.

https://youtu.be/0WPBj59LIEg

I really like it, but I already have a BB58 which I really love and don’t think it’s necessary to have both, so would have to try on a BBPro and really fall for it to buy it.

I thought this was the best release of the day but I’m actually more enamored with the new Air King, a watch I’d never glanced at twice before! Saw a bloke wearing one at football the other day, noted how cool it looked, then Rolex went and did a full upgrade on it.

Craftsman
    The BB GMT Pro is such a beautiful watch design wise (not a surprise, the 1655 is one of my favs). I'd go as far to say it's almost perfect...
    ...but that 14.5mm height...
    For me, it's gone from instant buy, to dead in the water. The chunky height just kills the preportions on a 39mm watch.

Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    My Ad had a couple delivered this morning. Unfortunately I was too slow to get far enough up the list! Was allowed a look though which was very nice of them. Both stunning imho.

You wore the right watch!

Surely not worth buying one when you already have the Exp II? Or am I just being daft😂

Master
    I had an appt at my Rolex AD to discuss the new releases, but popped in to see my man at Tudor on the way. Was shocked when he brought those out to show me! The BB Pro definitely wears bigger than 39. To me most 40mm are small but honestly I could easily wear it.. and honestly I think it edges the exp2 for looks! They've done a very nice job.

Happened to pass a Tudor AD in town today. Was told at the rate of enquiries they expected their current BB Pro waiting list to take a year to fulfill. Didn’t even get an offer to “express interest”. I’m on a waiting list for another AD that I have a (modest) purchase history with.

I’ve previously owned a Black Bay GMT and now own a BB58. Never owned both at the same time so I tried on the BB GMT while I was there as a direct comparison to the BB58 that I was wearing. The diameter makes no difference at all. It’s the thickness that makes the GMT the bigger feeling watch. Made me realise I need to pay less notice of case diameters…2 or 3mm makes no difference. The GMT on a strap was even worse as the NATO pushes all the bulk outwards.
    Last edited by Christian; 31st March 2022 at 15:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Happened to pass a Tudor AD in town today. Was told at the rate of enquiries they expected their current BB Pro waiting list to take a year to fulfill.

I’ve previously owned a Black Bay GMT and now own a BB58. Never owned both at the same time so I tried on the BB GMT while I was there as a direct comparison to the BB58 that I was wearing. The diameter makes no difference at all. It’s the thickness that makes the GMT the bigger feeling watch. Made me realise I need to pay less notice of case diameters…2 or 3mm makes no difference. The GMT on a strap was even worse as the NATO pushes all the bulk outwards.
    Most of what Rolex sell is 40mm but the difference between them all is huge. I can own a 5 digit sub date fine-ish but couldn’t touch a 16600 or 116600 sea dweller. Tried both and failed on both. All the same size though.

One thing I discovered recently re wearability is the caseback thickness specifically. Changes things more than you’d think. Just have to try them all on.

Master
    A few more pics for anyone interested. New pro is thicker than exp 2, but better looking imho..

I had dismissed the BB Pro on the 39mm size but I’m definitely going to try and see how one fits now. They look really good.

Journeyman
    I've assumed this will be like the BB Chrono...two years in and I've still not seen one! I would have thought they will be taken into stock then immediately sold to whoever made it to the top of the waiting list.
    My AD have previously had the new releases in store for the first few weeks to go and handle (BB silver, Gold and chrono) at which point you could be added to the waiting list. It seems this isn’t the case with the new Pro.

Master
    I was told today Tudor is still a bit restricted until they've finished moving factories?

Master
    Great to see them already in the ADs. Must be a good logistics operation!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Great to see them already in the ADs. Must be a good logistics operation!
    Same as previous years, I think they know that having at least a demo model in stock straight away brings in the customers to the store. The salesperson can then tell you that it will be impossible to get hold of one for a year. They will then try to sell you a different model.

Is the clasp different? If so might pick one up tomorrow perhaps

Hmmmm....pretty thick....

That case back is like a bubble back - it won’t wear that thick. The height of the side will determine how it’ll wear I think

Master
    Love the watch, 24 hour hand wonderful, orange text depth rating, SS fixed bezel so similar to the Rolex 1655, 'T' clasp, brilliant.
    But.........for myself this would have to be 41/42mm to work for me, sadly.
    Having a BB GMT takes the pain away a lot as I love it, so not too disappointed and, teaches me to be happy with what I have.

Master
    Blog Entries
    To be honest all I wanted to see was the adjustable clasp for a stainless BB58.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    That case back is like a bubble back - it won’t wear that thick. The height of the side will determine how it’ll wear I think
    Thinking about it, I agree. I tried on the Longines Zulu a few days ago and it definitely wore thinner than 13.9mm suggested and I think that’s because not a lot of the thickness was case side too. I guess you don’t know until you try on! The only problem I discovered today when trying a BB GMT on NATO, is that when you try and wear these on a NATO, the bubble case back always gets pushed out so it seems to wear thicker if that makes sense.

I really want the BBPro to be lovely.

I've got small wrists.

I love the BB58.

I've lodged my interest, so fingers crossed won't have to wait too long!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Thinking about it, I agree. I tried on the Longines Zulu a few days ago and it definitely wore thinner than 13.9mm suggested and I think that’s because not a lot of the thickness was case side too. I guess you don’t know until you try on! The only problem I discovered today when trying a BB GMT on NATO, is that when you try and wear these on a NATO, the bubble case back always gets pushed out so it seems to wear thicker if that makes sense.
    It does make sense. I picked mine up tonight but can’t size the bracelet. Tbh I’ll wear it on an erikas or leather anyway so not bothered.

Not thick on the wrist tbh Christian

Tudor releases

Rusty that looks great. Good to see you got a nice one. A mate friend one on earlier which was reserved soft someone else and the 24 didn’t look quite right.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 31st March 2022 at 22:29.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Rusty that looks great. Good to see you got a nice one. A mate friend one on earlier which was reserved soft someone else and the 24 didn’t look quite right.
    That’s a bit unfortunate. I’ve decided to wear it on nato - might buy an erikas for it also

Congrats to those who have bought but I had to pass. The proportions just didn't work for me, needed to be at least a 41mm to carry the 14.6mm depth imo.

Very nice! Looks great!

Master
    Congrats on the purchase Rusty. It looks great on those straps. Mind showing us a side by side with one of the forum favourites? A seiko diver, speedy, SMP or Rolex so we can compare thickness?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Black Bay Pro & BB58 side by side.

It does make sense. I picked mine up tonight but can’t size the bracelet. Tbh I’ll wear it on an erikas or leather anyway so not bothered.
    That looks great, and pleased to see that you can actually buy the new releases without having to wait months for a proper launch. Congratulations.

Would love to hear you thoughts, and see some comparison pics with the 39mm Steinhart vintage GMT. There can’t be many people out there with both.

Quote Originally Posted by carryondentist View Post
    That looks great, and pleased to see that you can actually buy the new releases without having to wait months for a proper launch. Congratulations.

Would love to hear you thoughts, and see some comparison pics with the 39mm Steinhart vintage GMT. There can’t be many people out there with both.
    I just got lucky tbh. I think waiting lists at least initially will be lengthy. I’ll get some comparison side by side pics some in an hour or so

Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    Black Bay Pro & BB58 side by side.

Are they both yours? Would be great to see the same again with a BB41 in there.