Thread: Tudor releases

Master

Tudor releases

Yes please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Love it.

Old school Explorer II

I really like this! I'm guessing lots will do too - might take a while to get hold of one! At least with Tudor, you know one will eventually appear. The lume on this looks interesting - one of the photos make it look like they've used solid plots of lume rather than paint.

Will be popular and difficult to get for a while no doubt, just as the BB58 was. Looks to have a new crown design.

Excellent execution. 39mm too!!!!!!

Journeyman
    That’s a cracking watch and defo interested in joining the dreaded waiting list. But really disappointed by the rest, I thought tastes had moved away from S&G? Obviously I’m not down with the kids!

Master
    Blog Entries
    That is lovely

Master
    Yep, like this a lot. Will be a right PITA to get hold of however. Crown is so much better than before IMO.

Craftsman
    A few more links to Tudor's info on this ->

Tudor's watch announcement on their homepage
    https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/new-wa...=org_social_yt

Black Bay Pro Homepage
    https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/black-bay-pro

Youtube video from Tudor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtiuQ0EpZ3o

How thick is the Pro though? It looks chunky in all media so far....

From what I’ve read it obviously has the in house calibre GMT movement with date and 70hr PR. 200m WR. 39mm case, presume same as BB58 but can’t find anything on case thickness. The indices are ‘monobloc ceramic’ and it has the T-clasp for on the fly adjustment. Retails at £3080.

A legit alternative to the Exp II in terms of spec and price.

Bit underwhelmed by everything else from Tudor though, was hoping for something field watch like from them.

Hmmm - quite like the look of that.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Big fan of the new gmt

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I quite like the new GMT.

So close from Tudor. The Pro looks great except the thickness and STILL those fake rivets

I’m a fan too

Craftsman
    I’ve always loved the Rolex “Freccione” so this tribute BB Pro gets a thumbs up from me. The rest of the Tudor 2022 line up is far from inspiring.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

The 39mm steel pro looks very nice. Has enough of the 1655 DNA but with its’ own style and a dial that is certainly easier to read.

As others have said, only concern is the case thickness, the previous BB GMT is pretty chunky.
    Last edited by carryondentist; 30th March 2022 at 09:26.

Quote Originally Posted by RVFIO View Post
    So close from Tudor. The Pro looks great except the thickness and STILL those fake rivets
    How thick is it?

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    How thick is it?
    14.6mm I have read

14.6mm I have read
    Jeez, if that’s the case (excuse the pun) then it would put me off. I wear the BB58 as my main watch and the slenderness is one of it’s nice features. 14.6mm is chunky for a 39mm watch.

It took two years for the BB58 hype to die down before they became easily obtainable, this will probably be the same.

I really, really don't like that bracelet. To my mind there is no real authenticity with the BB58 range.....they just look to be a collection of design cues taken from other watches. Not my thing at all. The Pelagos is the one to go for IMO......but each to their own.

Tudor releases

Jeez, if that’s the case (excuse the pun) then it would put me off. I wear the BB58 as my main watch and the slenderness is one of it’s nice features. 14.6mm is chunky for a 39mm watch.

It took two years for the BB58 hype to die down before they became easily obtainable, this will probably be the same.

Morning pal,
    It states it has a domed crystal. I would have thought that’s were a lot of the extra height is. Won’t seem anywhere as thick on wrist, is my impression.

My Sinn 103 has a 17mm profile but wears like a 15mm.

Yeah. The BB GMT is way too thick to be wearable and at a smaller diameter this sounds like it’ll be the same.

The fact they’ve put this in the 39mm size with the GMT movement from the 41mm would suggest that the 58GMT that everyone is waiting on isn’t close.

Gmt hand shouldn’t be snowflake. How can you tell difference between hour and gmt hand in dark by lume? Are they different lume colours like the Planer Ocean?

As has become usual for Tudor, the ball bounces a few feet short of the boundary, as well as some mis-hits.
    Love the fact that the Pro has 200m WR, but the fixed bezel is a miss for me, and harks back to a Rolex (along with the thicker GMT hand) in a way that isn't necessary.
    Nothing particularly Pro about the lume ageing and rivets

So glad we have a 39mm GMT though.

Master
    Shame about the thickness. Lovely proportions otherwise

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Gmt hand shouldn’t be snowflake. How can you tell difference between hour and gmt hand in dark by lume? Are they different lume colours like the Planer Ocean?
    The hour hand is fully lumed
    The GMT the pip / tip is lumed
    Agreed though, same as the first GMT the hand should be a different shape, it was the thing that put me of the blue and red version.

The lume on the dial does seem to be solid plots though, not paint

Master
    Like others nice to see a GMT movement in the 58 case but not keen on the faux lume, yellow accents, more austere design with no obvious lume plot surrounds etc. Also not keen on steel bezels like that. I hope this leads to other GMT models like the larger 41mm GMT. Also, 14.6 MM thick! Thats almost as thick as the 41MM GMT. Needs to be 1mm thinner at least.
    Last edited by Stuno1; 30th March 2022 at 09:51.

Master
    Looks nice, but something not clicking for me.
    Think I prefer the S&G GMT personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Morning pal,
    It states it has a domed crystal. I would have thought that’s were a lot of the extra height is. Won’t seem anywhere as thick on wrist, is my impression.

My Sinn 103 has a 17mm profile but wears like a 15mm.
    Hi Gav, hope you’re well. That’s a good point and something I hadn’t thought of, interested to find out some more details on this one, there’s a lot to like but a few things to ponder!

Well it's a 39mm BB GMT although not quite what I was expecting with the Explorer II style bezel.

My order is in though as it looks a great all rounder at a decent price.

I think that looks fantastic tbh and a ‘homage’ to my favourite Rolex, which I’ve seen referred to as the Steve McQueen explorer although I don’t think he ever wore one. I got to handle an original at a Norwich Gtg a few years ago.
    There is a ‘however’ though, and that’s the case profile. I’ve tried on numerous black bays but find the slabby case profile really unattractive and it never seems to show up in promo pics. It may sound fussy but it kills the appeal stone dead for me. I hope this is an exception. Give it a couple of years and I’ll see one in a window, I don’t do waiting lists and deposits unless it’s for a house!

Master
    Nice release from Tudor. Need to try one for thickness but hope to add one to the collection.

14.6mm I have read
    Tudor just confirmed this to me

Master
    Prob available right now and so much cheaper. Ken (Wallasey Runner) could prob tell us more

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/o...e-gmt-neu.html

Looking at just the responses on this thread you can tell this model will be difficult to obtain. I think it could be years before the hype dies down enough to get hold of one on the open market rather than being on the special customer list. How long has the Black Bay chrono been out...2 years? And that is still not widely seen.

I'm after a GMT, I like it and I would buy one if I could but don't hold up much hope until 2024!

Just wish Tudor didn't play silly games with availability...Longines released the Zulu time and I could walk into the boutique, try it on and buy the following day.
    Last edited by Christian; 30th March 2022 at 10:58.

One question I have is why do the manufacturers struggle to keep the modern GMT movement thin? Case thickness of modern Black Bay GMT 15mm thick, this one 14.6mm thick, new Longines Zulu 13.9mm thick.

Compare that to the case size of the older GMT Master or GMT Master II at 11.8mm and 12.4mm.

The movements are obviously the limitation considering the non-GMT equivalent models - a BB58 is 11.9mm and a Longines Spirit is 13mm thick.

Why can't they just clone a GMT-Master II movement? I presume the case designers don't actually want to give a 39mm such a thick profile.

Or is it a case that manufacturers actually aim to never give the public exactly what they want in their mid-price range watches in order to keep their high end luxury brands (Rolex, Omega) the aspirational models?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    One question I have is why do the manufacturers struggle to keep the modern GMT movement thin? Case thickness of modern Black Bay GMT 15mm thick, this one 14.6mm thick, new Longines Zulu 13.9mm thick.

Compare that to the case size of the older GMT Master or GMT Master II at 11.8mm and 12.4mm.

The movements are obviously the limitation considering the non-GMT equivalent models - a BB58 is 11.9mm and a Longines Spirit is 13mm thick.

Why can't they just clone a GMT-Master II movement? I presume the case designers don't actually want to give a 39mm such a thick profile.

Or is it a case that manufacturers actually aim to never give the public exactly what they want in their mid-price range watches in order to keep their high end luxury brands (Rolex, Omega) the aspirational models?
    Agree. Far too thick for me and I imagine many others. Also, thickness like that is more pronounced on smaller cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Agree. Far too thick for me and I imagine many others. Also, thickness like that is more pronounced on smaller cases.
    I agree with your agreement. I'll be giving the bbpro a miss in favour of bb58 blue once my finances are in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    same here, thought these releases were some of the best i have seen for a while then i looked at the thickness looks like i’ll stick with my IWC utc for a while yet.

Master
    It’s weird because to me the root beer looks spot on but that isn’t working for me

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    I think it looks best on the leather strap. That two tone bracelet is just too much on a massive two tone watch like that. It needs pairing down a bit

Master
    Blog Entries
    14.6mm I have read
    Looks great front on but it’s going to be top heavy. Shame as otherwise it looks nice.

I’m sure it will be in high demand. Anyone know why a GMT has to be so thick?

Despite this I still think this is the best new watch in the recent releases.

Maybe it won’t feel so too heavy if a lot of the thickness is the domed crystal.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Over 14mm is a real shame, it will feel very head heavy and with the riveted bracelet not being my cup of tea, on a nato or leather it will be even more so.

Pretend aged lume is a hard no from me on any watch and assume it will be as slab-sided as their other thick watches. Shame but if we all liked the same thing….

I need to see these in the flesh, but the GMT looks very nice, especially the TT version on leather.
    Last edited by Scrubnut; 30th March 2022 at 17:16.

Hi Gav, hope you’re well. That’s a good point and something I hadn’t thought of, interested to find out some more details on this one, there’s a lot to like but a few things to ponder!
    Spotted this on one of the videos. Think I will definitely try to get one.

Black Bay Pro looks incredible. Hopefully it has the T Clasp.

Can’t wait to see one in the flesh.