closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Luxury Kauffman Watch Rolls.

Luxury Kauffman Watch Rolls.

Hi guys.

Some of you may remember the review I did a while ago on the Kauffman Luxury Leather Watch Rolls.

I have been in contact with Kofi (the owner) over the last few months or so as we had got chatting when I emailed him to let him know how pleased I am with the quality and design of his Tegal Watch Roll (photos below).

Some of you who bought these from him may have also, like me struggled to fit your watches over the watch roll cushions without worrying about stretch on bracelets, or in some cases not even being able to close the bracelet clasp.

I spoke to Kofi and explained that I think the cushion size or material needs to be changed to suit all wrist sized watch collectors. I explained to him that I believed this to be possible by using a spongier foam and slightly smaller circumference.

The problem with the original batch of cushions was that the foam was quite dense so it didn’t have much give in the cushion which consequently limited bracelet sizes that would fit on them.

Kofi went away and redesigned and remade me some prototype cushions in various sizes and foams and we/he has now pin pointed the correct shape, size and foam type to suit all - now my medium sized mens wrist fits my watches snuggly without any excess pressure on the bracelet, same for my wife’s small wrist and also for a new watch that was unsized - so a large size.

Kofi is currently making the next batch as we speak. There will be a new colour scheme to the rolls in this batch. He plans to keep the blue one the same, but is looking to introduce a new colour and also a special edition*one to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee. All will feature the new cushion size and nicer materials.

I don’t think these will last long as production batches are not huge so might be worth a preorder?

Kofi hopes to update his website this week in order to start taking pre-orders for the blue one initially. He will then get samples made of the new colour ways and put their pictures up on his website. He will open for pre-orders for them also.

I have no affiliation with Kauffman and have only ever spoken with Kofi via email, however I said I would do this little advert/review/bump for Kofi as I really appreciate small family businesses who make high end and high quality goods. Credit where credit is due to Kofi and his superb products and skills.

Please keep an eye on his website for updates, or better still drop him an email and he will be more than happy to help you out with orders/questions etc. He is a genuine and humble guy.

His website is;

shopkauffman.com

Here are some photos of my fabulous “mark one” Kauffman Tegal Watch Roll. I understand that the Tegal “mark two” will retail at around £165. In terms of value, quality of materials, quality of build and functionality (I like how the lid opens out flat to do bracelet changes etc on) you won’t find better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be tempted by this. I really liked the first one of these and it was a bit of a bargain at the time, quality was excellent, but for the exact reason you mentioned around cushion size I ended up passing it on to a larger-wristed member on here.

Was a tad disappointed when visiting the Kauffman site again to find the cheapest roll was now far more expensive (£495). So if these new ones do come back in the price range you mentioned, with the updated pillows, that'd be tempting.

Message from Kofi;

The site is now open for Navy blue Tegel pre-orders. Only 25 blue ones coming, there will be similar numbers of the Special Edition ones and a new British Racing Green colour!

Also, a special TZ forum discount code is being created today/tomorrow, so watch this space……….

Morning guys.

As promised, a special TZ forum members discount.

For 20% off the Tegel watch rolls please use promo code:

Tegel2022

I understand that there are only 25 being made in this batch so you need to preorder.

Journeyman
    Thank you for the thread Stonewood, and speaking to Kofi about the cushion size. I'm of a slender wrist and this sounds like it will fit the bill perfectly, have ordered one using the discount code too.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Tempted as the product is good quality, or at least prior version was and this looks identical. Cushion size reduction could be a game changer. Might hold out for a brown leather colour though and to see some reviews on the new cushions.

The discount code appears as a full page banner to anyone who visits the Kauffman site, so I think the pre-order price is just £132 for everyone.

Hi guys.

Just a little bump on this to say that Kofi now has the British Racing Green colour available for preorder on his site.

The green looks great!

Like the navy one, not many being made but they'll be due for delivery during May.

Don’t forget your 20% discount code!

Ordered a green! Thanks for the reminder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craftsman
    I’ve requested to have mine changed for the green version. Thanks for the heads up.

Craftsman
    Thanks to the OP for highlighting Kauffman a few months back, as my new watch roll arrived this morning - very very nice - super pleased with it. Kofi's been great to deal with also, so kudos to him

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Mine too!!

They are very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mlcamb330 View Post
    Thanks to the OP for highlighting Kauffman a few months back, as my new watch roll arrived this morning - very very nice - super pleased with it. Kofi's been great to deal with also, so kudos to him
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Mine too!!

They are very nice.
    The big challenge for me with the older version (which was great quality too but ultimately sold it) was the cushions were too big to comfortable accommodate watches sized for a 6.75in wrist. Apparently this has been addressed. Any thoughts you can share on the size of the cushions? I see you both have bracelet watches on the cushions, do you think it would work for 6.75in sized watches? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    The big challenge for me with the older version (which was great quality too but ultimately sold it) was the cushions were too big to comfortable accommodate watches sized for a 6.75in wrist. Apparently this has been addressed. Any thoughts you can share on the size of the cushions? I see you both have bracelet watches on the cushions, do you think it would work for 6.75in sized watches? Thanks
    I'm not sure of my exact wrist size but it's small, and have been told so on numerous occasions including when purchasing a Speedy pro and the chap sizing it commented that there was more metal in the box than my wrist!

Anyway these new versions have definitely addressed the previous issue where I was concerned of stretching. Both my speedy and GMT fit perfectly and to be honest think the cushions could easily accommodate even smaller again.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by welshmatt View Post
    I'm not sure of my exact wrist size but it's small, and have been told so on numerous occasions including when purchasing a Speedy pro and the chap sizing it commented that there was more metal in the box than my wrist!

Anyway these new versions have definitely addressed the previous issue where I was concerned of stretching. Both my speedy and GMT fit perfectly and to be honest think the cushions could easily accommodate even smaller again.

Wonderful, thanks!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by welshmatt View Post

Just measured my wrist - 6 3/4", so same as yours. Should work well

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk