closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everest GILT -sold out less than a minute

Angry Everest GILT -sold out less than a minute

Went sucessfully through the payment but it was out of stock at 14:01 !

Quote Originally Posted by oca9i View Post
    Went sucessfully through the payment but it was out of stock at 14:01 !
    Unlikely, but it's possible that the site had reached it's maximum number of sales for the day.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I don't think so, as my order for a tropical commando with plexi crystal completed after that time.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We feel your pain Bro! I only own Smiths watches and I gave up trying to beat the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Unlikely, but it's possible that the site had reached it's maximum number of sales for the day.
    Yeah... i think so...never mind I hope that there will be still some of the GILTs availabes during the next shop openning.

Yeah I tried to get the gilt Everest but they had gone at 14.02 when I tried - hopefully I’ll get one next time around

It’s a shame that TZ members can’t get on a list or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Is it the only way of buying Timefactors straps too? I've always fancied one of the rally straps but from what I can gather it almost would be easier to nip down to Argos for a Moonswatch.

I managed to buy 4 different straps today. I have never worked my computer so quickly and the deal was done by 14.02.
    I thought I was going to have to wait weeks to get them ordered as I’m on a St John Ambulance First Aid course on Sundays but yesterday tested +ve for Covid! Ironic, in that I probably caught it from my unit manager!

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    I managed to buy 4 different straps today. I have never worked my computer so quickly and the deal was done by 14.02.
    I thought I was going to have to wait weeks to get them ordered as I’m on a St John Ambulance First Aid course on Sundays but yesterday tested +ve for Covid! Ironic, in that I probably caught it from my unit manager!
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 30th March 2022 at 20:32.

Sorry the site reached the order cutoff limit. There will be some Gilt available at the next couple of openings.

Dave from Time Factors

Timefactors Insta

Quote Originally Posted by Brammer View Post
    Sorry the site reached the order cutoff limit. There will be some Gilt available at the next couple of openings.

Any ideas when those openings may be ? I’m keen to get one but at the rate these go I’m not that hopeful lol

Quote Originally Posted by groove65 View Post
    Any ideas when those openings may be ? I’m keen to get one but at the rate these go I’m not that hopeful lol

Hey. The 24th is the next opening and there will be a lot more than ever before available so hopefully there shouldn’t be a problem.

Dave from Time Factors

Timefactors Insta

Hey. The 24th is the next opening and there will be a lot more than ever before available so hopefully there shouldn’t be a problem.

Good because i fancy one of those. I'd also like the EXP but thats later apparently

That’ll be a couple of openings afterwards

Dave from Time Factors

Timefactors Insta

24th of this month ? If so I’ll def be online for one!

24th of this month ? If so I’ll def be online for one!

Yes, two weeks tomorrow after the Easter break.

Dave from Time Factors

Timefactors Insta

Tried today. Halfway through paying and out of stock. 2.01pm This sort of shopping is saving me a fortune

Same here lol - I tried to get one but same thing - sold out by 2.01pm.

Think I’ll just stick with my 114270 explorer now as it’s impossible to shop like this

Nope - worse than before. I’ll not bother trying again as it’s gone a bit silly IMO

Nope - worse than before. I’ll not bother trying again as it’s gone a bit silly IMO

It seems to me that the thing is, no matter how many of a particular model is in principle available, the overall order limit per session may cut in long before the intended available stock of that item is exhausted. Generally speaking, we don't find out how many of each item was sold in the sales window nor what the individual item limit was so we don't know why our orders - entered as fast as it seems possible to complete the relevant screens - received the 'now out of stock' message. We can only guess as to the reason for failure.

I suppose it wouldn't take us far anyway, as there appears to be nothing a customer can do about it if they're already getting the details in as fast as possible. (Like many customers, my credit card details go in automatically on the entry of the three digit security code and there is then a very brief and anyway unavoidable delay while an authentification code is sent by text from the card issuer.)

Hi. Hope you're well, sorry about the issues you've had.

There were more Gilt in stock today than ever before but they still went relitively quickly, though we were still taking orders on the Gilt up to 2:08pm.

The order limit for the site was not hit until later.

I do apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience but at the moment there isn't another system we are able to find that'd enable us to stock more inventory.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    There were more Gilt in stock today than ever before but they still went relitively quickly, though we were still taking orders on the Gilt up to 2:08pm.
    This is very interesting. As I mentioned in my other message in the other thread, it was not possible for me to add in stock watches to the basket from about 14:03. The add to basket button had disappeared even though the items were not shown as being out of stock.

Strange to hear that, it may have been a temporary glitch as the button was there for 5 minutes after.

I’ll mention to issues to the developers we host the site with.

Dave from Time Factors

Timefactors Insta

Blog Entries
    Strange to hear that, it may have been a temporary glitch as the button was there for 5 minutes after.

I’ll mention to issues to the developers we host the site with.
    Thanks. I'd certainly be curious to know what they say.

Perhaps the Shopify software removes the add to basket button (thus preventing new orders being started) when it knows that the total order limit is already in people's baskets but not yet checked out.

Next time I will try to keep a careful note of timings and which items I click on when to see if, when and where the add to basket button disappears.

Journeyman
    Same here lol - I tried to get one but same thing - sold out by 2.01pm.

Think I’ll just stick with my 114270 explorer now as it’s impossible to shop like this

Are you sure you want to settle?

Jk :)

Quote Originally Posted by mario24601 View Post
    Are you sure you want to settle?

Jk :)

Seems that there is no option - I’ll just wear my 114270 and enjoy it as I can’t get a gilt Everest. Tried twice now but unsuccessful

Craftsman
    Sold out today in less than a minute too.
    My mistake though - I did not have the forms all prepopulated - amateur!

I give the f... up with this.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyuk View Post
    Sold out today in less than a minute too.
    My mistake though - I did not have the forms all prepopulated - amateur!
    Unless you don't have to go through card authentification, I don't see how you or anyone else can get through all the screens in under a minute!

I managed it at one minute past and forty seconds at which point the message came up 'Sold Out'! And I only managed that by hitting the refresh button before 2pm so that I was underway as soon as the order button appeared! So going through the screens (all pre-populated) took me 2 mins in all. I can't do it any faster.
    Last edited by TF23; 15th May 2022 at 14:11.

Quote Originally Posted by TF23 View Post
    Unless you don't have to go through card authentification, I don't see how you or anyone else can get through all the screens in under a minute!

I managed it at one minute past and forty seconds at which point the message came up 'Sold Out'! And I only managed that by hitting the refresh button before 2pm so that I was underway as soon as the order button appeared!
    Same for me, couldn’t have been much quicker but when I got redirected back to the site they’d sold out.

forget about a minute. See above. I checked out 15 seconds after the shop opened and what was in my cart vanished like a fart in the wind. Total shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    forget about a minute. See above. I checked out 15 seconds after the shop opened and what was in my cart vanished like a fart in the wind. Total shambles.
    I don't understand how you can complete everything in that time, but anyway the lesson appears to be 'give up' on the basis that the task is hopeless.

I don't understand how you can complete everything in that time, but anyway the lesson appears to be 'give up' on the basis that the task is hopeless.
    The answer is don't bother with the shop its a waste of time. If you wanted to buy more than one item, you have no chance at all.

Blog Entries
    I give the f... up with this.
    That's incredible. I recall that Dave said that there would be more Jubilee bracelets in stock this time (#19). It seems barely plausible that they could have sold out within 15 seconds, not that I know how many were actually available in this batch.

I regret to say that I forgot about today's opening. This despite waiting all this time to get a Jubilee bracelet.

By the way, does the "VPN" in the top right of your screenshot mean that you were connected using a VPN?

If you wanted to buy more than one item, you have no chance at all.
    This has been the case since last year at least.

But, that said, my subjective impression is that availability time has actually reduced this year.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 15th May 2022 at 14:39.

Craftsman
    I was on the nose with the refresh button and must have been within one or two seconds of actual live.
    The items were no longer "out of stock" - Stage one
    Wait for it....wait for it.... F5 F5 F5
    Add to cart!
    and then I messed up with typing details during the next minute, rather than click click click.

There is Noob next to the picture for a reason.
    Wearing the White Navigator today with pride - (it was definitely easier a year ago)
    Last edited by wallyuk; 15th May 2022 at 14:38.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post

By the way, does the "VPN" in the top right of your screenshot mean that you were connected using a VPN?
    Yes. All my apple stuff does it automatically. It wont have anything to do with things disappearing from my shopping basket though!

Yep same here it was literally seconds - suddenly 'you have nothing in your cart' appears when it was in there. I don't understand why once you have got that far you can't be given time to complete the transaction. I know this has probably been covered before so please ignore the rant. Last time I bother trying for anything. Complete waste of time. Expect eBay will be busier than ever.

Blog Entries
    It wont have anything to do with things disappearing from my shopping basket though!
    Seems very unlikely I agree.

But for what it's worth I know I wouldn't try to buy from the site via a VPN. Not for speed reasons necessarily but for IP reputation reasons and worries about antibot protection.

Seems very unlikely I agree.

But for what it's worth I know I wouldn't try to buy from the site via a VPN. Not for speed reasons necessarily but for IP reputation reasons and worries about antibot protection.

OK noted. Its not an issue anywhere else however

That's incredible. I recall that Dave said that there would be more Jubilee bracelets in stock this time (#19). It seems barely plausible that they could have sold out within 15 seconds, not that I know how many were actually available in this batch.

I regret to say that I forgot about today's opening. This despite waiting all this time to get a Jubilee bracelet.

This has been the case since last year at least.

But, that said, my subjective impression is that availability time has actually reduced this year.
    My suspicion is that demand for Timefactors products has gone ballistic - in part due to the excellent value for money, and for some, the profit potential.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    My suspicion is that demand for Timefactors products has gone ballistic - in part due to the excellent value for money, and for some, the profit potential.
    well if its the latter, 298/500 is on ebay for £650.

Quite frankly, if people are so desperate that they want to make a couple of hundred quid, they need pity.

Quite frankly, if people are so desperate that they want to make a couple of hundred quid, they need pity.
    I couldn't agree more.

Master
    Blog Entries

A lot of those people do fleabay as a part time earner methinks- probably sold sandels and bubble bath aplenty

Sorry some people have had issues with today’s opening. There was as much stock as we could manage available including 20 Jubilee bracelets but demand was as high as we’ve seen in the last 16 months with nearly 1000 people online at 2pm.

It was a lot busier than the last few openings and I can only think it was to do with the Watchfinder video from a couple of weeks ago.

I do understand people’s frustrations and will still carry on trying to figure out ways to adjust the process.

I’m always willing to talk to people about ideas and welcome it but I would appreciate if people didn’t PM me abuse on here.

Cheers.

Dave from Time Factors

Timefactors Insta

Sorry some people have had issues with today’s opening. There was as much stock as we could manage available including 20 Jubilee bracelets but demand was as high as we’ve seen in the last 16 months with nearly 1000 people online at 2pm.

It was a lot busier than the last few openings and I can only think it was to do with the Watchfinder video from a couple of weeks ago.

I do understand people’s frustrations and will still carry on trying to figure out ways to adjust the process.

I’m always willing to talk to people about ideas and welcome it but I would appreciate if people didn’t PM me abuse on here.

Cheers.

Absolutely agree there's no call whatsoever for abuse - but on the actual issue of the buying system, it's now getting completely out of hand for genuine enthusiasts, forum members and previous customers, some going back many years.

Cheers.

Things don't improve. Arguably they get worse. I for one wont bother trying to use the store anymore, which is a shame. From where I'm looking, its a total shambles.

Absolutely agree there's no call whatsoever for abuse - but on the actual issue of the buying system, it's now getting completely out of hand for genuine enthusiasts, forum members and previous customers, some going back many years.
    Hi. I understand that’ll add to the frustration of forum members and supporters of many years. It has been discussed but there isn’t a practical system at the moment for addressing this, I will keep investigating though.

Dave from Time Factors

Timefactors Insta

Master

Cheers.

From this thread and multiple others there are obviously lots of people not getting what they want which must be frustrating but no there's no excuse for anyone send you abusive messages. Im shocked at that. Personally I've pretty much always managed to get the items I wanted.
    Last edited by Rob s; 15th May 2022 at 22:32.

1000 customers online, quite some number. System definitely needs improving.

Cheers.
    You know the answer is to give the forum members first dibs.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973