closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watches you REALLY want despite knowing that you absolutely don’t want one.

Craftsman
    I REALLY want the green Seamaster 300m but already have the blue one and think I should not have two of the same watch as there are so many great watches out there

Interesting point made by others regarding Doxa. I keep thinking of parting with my Silverlung but know that if I do, I will instantly regret it and struggle to get another

Master
    Seiko diver. I have had more than a few and disliked them all. I told myself that it was the utterly pathetic timekeeping accuracy that was at the root of my dislike. Then bought a Steeldive. Fantastically accurate, sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel, hand-winding, hacking, better detailing etc and I still don't wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Probably the next watch I buy as I do tend to fall into the trap of revisiting former watches.

First up is my Rolex 5512, why mine you ask. Because I did all the due diligence and searched the planet for the right example and it had to be from someone approved by the Rolex community. Eventually I found one and bought it from Exotic Watches in Madrid and it is a stunner, a 1978 Mark 3 Lollypop Maxi Dial, right at the end of the 5512 run.

I then sold the watch on in a cash and trade deal only to buy the watch back again in another cash and trade deal perhaps two years later. It felt like my watch had come home. Did I keep it, no off it went again to the current owner who after owning it for a few years is willing to sell it back to me, but I have to question the sanity of it all. Would it be any different this time, will I keep it or more likely would I just end up selling it and probably losing money like I always seem to. I am good at finding watches and buying them, but not so good at keeping them or at least getting my money back.

If I don’t buy that a whole host of favourite watches come into contention, a Rolex SD 16600, a Speedmaster Moon phase or a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms all of which I have owned more than once and the eventual outcome of any purchase seems fairly predictable.
    I'm with you! I've been drooling over this gilt dial 1961 5512 for a long time, but at $35k it ain't happening!

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I'm with you! I've been drooling over this gilt dial 1961 5512 for a long time, but at $35k it ain't happening!

I’d be worried sick wearing that! One knock and the hands could flake. Would be a nice coffee table piece to admire though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk