closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: AP two tones?

AP two tones?

Hi everyone..
    A gold and steel two tone AP (4100) has caught my eye... I have never seen one in real life... and am not seeing many photos of videos on line to get a sense of what they really are like on the wrist... I would be grateful if past or current owners can point me to some representative videos or photos that capture the feeling and experience of wearing one :)
    Many thanks
    Tim
    Last edited by timc; 26th March 2022 at 10:53.

Journeyman
    I tried on an AP 26168SR Pride of China at the London Watch Show and feel in love straight away! I've always said I'd never wear a bi-metal until I saw that in the flesh

4100 is 36mm right?

Yes.. 36mm.. did you buy it.. how long did you own it for... can you recommend any links to a video giving a sense of what it is really like to wear? thanks.
    Last edited by timc; 27th March 2022 at 11:54.

If anyone is aware of any useful resources to assess the authenticity of an AP 4100SA... Bracelets, clasps, dial, hands, crown.. i would be ever so grateful... either here or via PM. Many thanks. Tim

Master
    Can't advise on authenticity, but I have a 4100SA (35.5 mm) that was my late father's, a gift to him from my uncle and one that he never really wore. I'm planning to have it serviced, but also need to source two extra links (and saving up for this!). BTW, does anyone know if AP ADs are likely to be able to get links for a ca. 1980 watch?

Here are photos on my 6.75 in wrist:

It is a very beautiful thing. I don't know if I'd have chosen it, or if I'll wear it, but it has enormous emotional value to me. It wears, with the integrated bracelet, quite large. The edges on this basically NOS example are extraordinarily crisp, so I'd say check for over-polishing.

Journeyman
    How easy is it to buy one of these direct from a retailer for RRP? I have no experience with AP but that watch is stunning. My experience with Rolex makes me feel like looking elsewhere. My first ‘good’ watch was a submariner that I was right place at the right time, I’m the Glasgow Rolex store and the guy sitting at the table opposite me passed on the opportunity, I even got interest free finance in 2015…