closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iPod classic

iPod classic

Hi everyone.
    I wonder if any one can help with a iPod classic 120gb I've rediscovered please?
    I've got a iTunes account which I can transfer songs/ playlists from my library but as it's not got WiFi I can't stream/ download tracks for offline.
    Is downloading files to a PC and dragging and dropping still a thing nowadays?
    Thanks for any help as I'm not very good with these things and not up to date! Lol

Master
    Yes you need to physically connect the iPod classic to a pc or Mac and use iTunes to manage content on the iPod

Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Thanks guys, will give it a go!
    I got a song in the music folder as per the instructions but it's not found on the pod. Oh well
    Last edited by Humptynumpty; 26th March 2022 at 13:04.

Definitely use ITunes with USB cable attached, still the easiest way to do it. Remember to check that you’ve ticked the correct sync options within iTunes.

There are people who will open it, fit a new battery and swap in a huge SSD memory card for you.
    You can then bring a rather wonderful digital item into the 2020s and use it even more.
    You don't even have to suffer iTunes on it

Great advice from everyone. Thanks for taking the time to reply 👍

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    There are people who will open it, fit a new battery and swap in a huge SSD memory card for you.
    You can then bring a rather wonderful digital item into the 2020s and use it even more.
    You don't even have to suffer iTunes on it
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...793-256GB-iPod

Supports lossless, syncs all your music and podcasts. And still the best portable sound I have heard. With the SD card, the battery lasts for days, too.

opening the folder and just dropping tracks in wont work , in the past ive used media monkey (free) - scan and add your tracks to mediamonkey then you can sync them to the ipod.

* just tried it on an old ipod nano i have and mediamonkey still works fine
    Last edited by pugster; 26th March 2022 at 16:08.

If you have a Mac it just syncs using Finder (“File manager” in Windows terms). iTunes is no longer required - it doesn’t exist on recent versions of MacOS.

Thanks to all !

I have a large capacity Ipod classic, that I had tried to drop vids and tracks on to but the vids faltered. You've steered me in the right direction.

Craftsman
    Best product Apple ever released in my opinion.

Still use mine all the time in the car for long trips

Mine- with an aftermarket SSD- has over11,000 tracks on it at the last count, and is one travelling companion I never leave at home. Superb devices.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Mine- with an aftermarket SSD- has over11,000 tracks on it at the last count, and is one travelling companion I never leave at home. Superb devices.
    Being a bit thick regards this, where do you get the tracks from if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Humptynumpty View Post
    Being a bit thick regards this, where do you get the tracks from if you don't mind me asking?
    I’m a Luddite… I ripped a LOT of CDs!