closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,650 of 1652

Thread: Omega x Swatch

Master
    What annoys me most is the horrible generic paper box it comes in. I know it is more eco friendly but it lets the whole experience down. And then you pick the watch up and that is another story….

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalVilla View Post

Who's to judge what people get enthusiastic about and want to collect? ...

Considering the cold and the fact so many didn't get one, there was less grumpiness and cantankerousness than we see on TZ at times ;)
    I quite agree. I'm not a fan myself, but wouldn't dream of preaching to others (I see their enthusiasm as a +ve).

As to the dry dog turd comment, how ridiculous. [Albeit we have had them in TZ photos, so on the wrist is not that absurd.]

The whole gold second's hand thing is just awful. If you are going to go gold, go big in my opinion. I was so pleased to pick this one up in 2019 - the 50th anniversary model.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    The whole gold second's hand thing is just awful. If you are going to go gold, go big in my opinion. I was so pleased to pick this one up in 2019 - the 50th anniversary model.
    Yes because everyone can afford a £30k+ watch ;)

8 of the main models available in the Geneva store today. All except mercury, moon, and Neptune.

Quote Originally Posted by swisstony View Post
    8 of the main models available in the Geneva store today. All except mercury, moon, and Neptune.
    They didn’t have Moon or Neptune in the main Geneva store on Saturday, but I managed to pick up a Mercury.

Master
    Edinburgh store has all variants, no queue. I dropped in an picked up Mercury on the way back from watching Scotland win at Murrayfield

If you're one of those interested/concerned about getting a fake MoonSwatch, this may be of interest.

I've hidden the offending branding, but some is still Swatch specific.

The most notable thing about the Omsan (and probably some fakes with Omega branding) is that the 1/10th second chrono subdial no longer works as a 24 hour dial, so don't assume a photo with that hand at 0 and the others at something other than 12 means a genuine watch.

Actually, like the pushers and all the subdials, it doesn't work at all! They are ALL non-functional!

That said, is a £4 watch that keeps good quartz time really any more of a con than a £250 plastic Omega you might still pay a premium for to get the colour you want?

M
    Last edited by snowman; 3rd April 2023 at 09:43.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

So it’s all up to Manchester on 6 April then for another crack at getting the moonshine Gold; I’m madferit! 😅

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    Lolly stick sundial.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if this will drive the price of the normal moon version up or down?
    Up, was in the Swatch store in Amsterdam recently to see the customer in front try on the Mercury then say’ That’s it, I love the look, but it needs to be the real one, but the Omega Boutique are out of stock.

The Swatch store manager went and made a call and came back with a piece of paper saying ‘go back and give them this’, when asked he said that at least one customer a day decides they want the real thing , so he and the Omega Boutique manager were working hard to help get watches on wrists.

Master
    All the white strap models were available in Oxford St yesterday (red, yellow, pink, pale blue) Took a punt on the red - after wearing it for a day I'm quite surprised how much I like it! Glad I didn't pay over the odds, but for a couple of hundred quid its a nice, fun summer watch. Had to get it off the strap and straight onto an Erika's.

Last edited by Skip; 5th April 2023 at 20:33.

Craftsman

Happened to be at Trafford centre today, ~300 queuing already for the 6pm release of new moon swatch. I’m not queuing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t know it was Manchester only so just called the Royal Exchange boutique.

Rude to the point of wanting to go down there and defecate in his cornflakes.

WE DONT SELL SWATCH. THIS IS OMEGA. YOU HAVE CALLED AN OMEGA BOUTIQUE.

Yes I know, but you sold the last one

NO WE DID NOT. WE DO NOT SELL SWATCH WATCHES, ONLY OMEGA.

Oh sorry, which Omega Boutique have I called?

IT WAS HERE BUT IT WAS NOT US. IT WAS A POP UP OUTSIDE. YOU CANNOT BUY SWATCH WATCHES FROM AN OMEGA BOUTIQUE.

Ok never mind, thank you for the help.

SIR YOU SHOULD CHECK THE SWATCH INSTAGRAM. IT WAS ACTUALLY UPDATED TWO DAYS AGO WHICH SAID MANCHESTER ONLY. NOT HERE. IF YOU JAD CHECKED YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN.

Silence and then he slammed down the phone without even speaking.

If I ever buy from an OB it won’t be the royal exchange. Twat.

Craftsman
    I’d not worry too much if you miss out, most of those queuing looked like resellers rather watch aficionados. Plenty on the ‘bay later

I’ll have to stick with the basic happy meal toy and not the upgraded salt bae edition.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon76 View Post
    I’d not worry too much if you miss out, most of those queuing looked like resellers rather watch aficionados. Plenty on the ‘bay later

what do resellers look like?

Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    what do resellers look like?
    Pop down and they stand out like a sore thumb. They also make up 90% of the line.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I finally had a shot at one in Covent Garden. The sun one. Fortunately, I asked to try it. I couldn’t believe how insubstantial it was and lost interest on the spot. It’s a nice idea, in theory, but the reality really didn’t work for me. I’ll stick to the Swatch autoquartz.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Pop down and they stand out like a sore thumb. They also make up 90% of the line.
    thats a vague answer but ok....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    I finally had a shot at one in Covent Garden. The sun one. Fortunately, I asked to try it. I couldn’t believe how insubstantial it was and lost interest on the spot. It’s a nice idea, in theory, but the reality really didn’t work for me. I’ll stick to the Swatch autoquartz.
    Each to there own of course, and if you don't like em, you don't like em. However, I do fell that they benefit massively from a change of strap. Mine now on a Barton Elite Silicon. Previous pic on an Erika's.

Last edited by Skip; 8th April 2023 at 12:28.

Master
    After many failed attempts to get the Mercury from one of the London stores I decided life's to short and bought one from SC.
    Really happy with it. Not a massive fan of the strap so on a grey rubber for now.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Didn’t know it was Manchester only so just called the Royal Exchange boutique.

Rude to the point of wanting to go down there and defecate in his cornflakes.

WE DONT SELL SWATCH. THIS IS OMEGA. YOU HAVE CALLED AN OMEGA BOUTIQUE.

Yes I know, but you sold the last one

NO WE DID NOT. WE DO NOT SELL SWATCH WATCHES, ONLY OMEGA.

Oh sorry, which Omega Boutique have I called?

IT WAS HERE BUT IT WAS NOT US. IT WAS A POP UP OUTSIDE. YOU CANNOT BUY SWATCH WATCHES FROM AN OMEGA BOUTIQUE.

Ok never mind, thank you for the help.

SIR YOU SHOULD CHECK THE SWATCH INSTAGRAM. IT WAS ACTUALLY UPDATED TWO DAYS AGO WHICH SAID MANCHESTER ONLY. NOT HERE. IF YOU JAD CHECKED YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN.

Silence and then he slammed down the phone without even speaking.

If I ever buy from an OB it won’t be the royal exchange. Twat.
    Brilliant! That’s worth a bump to p1ss off Royal Exchange via the search engines

Was in Suvarnabhumi Airport a couple of days ago. The Swatch boutique there had all of them in stock except Moon and Pluto. I got the last Mercury.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Omega x Swatch

In case anyone was wondering. . .

I wouldn't consider wearing it swimming (if I owned one) I'm surprised anyone would - it's hardly the most robust design, and not its intended function. Good to know though that you can do as you please with the watch in the water (e.g. including using the pushers) as long as you rinse afterwards!

Good luck getting your money back if the thing floods though

Master
    Looking on ebay it does seem like prices are coming down although I think there's a risk of getting a fake.
    Lots of stores seem to be getting stock but seems the moon, Mercury and neptune are still particularly hard to get especially in the London stores.

Master
    Prices definitely coming down but there are so many fakes on eBay.

I’ve currently got the Mercury and one of the latest Moonshine ones and was planning on getting one of each but don’t think I’ll bother now. Will probably put one on SC and just keep the one.

Not sure if people are still tracking these.
    Picked up a Moon watch in the Geneva store today. Now checking on strap options. Looking at a hirsch nato or the Leaf strap that they propose.
    On a watch roll I finally made it to the Patek Philippe museum after living here for 15 years. Underwhelming if I’m honest but busy busy. Was expecting more on watch history and technology rather than hundreds of expensive items set at ten past ten in a carpeted office.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Prices definitely coming down but there are so many fakes on eBay.

I’ve currently got the Mercury and one of the latest Moonshine ones and was planning on getting one of each but don’t think I’ll bother now. Will probably put one on SC and just keep the one.
    Did you have to check multiple times for the Mercury? I was checking in every couple days near the beginning of the year, but just gave up now.

Quote Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
    Did you have to check multiple times for the Mercury? I was checking in every couple days near the beginning of the year, but just gave up now.
    I walked in off the street in Amsterdam a few month ago and they had a Mercury, only one in short supply now seems to be gone Moon, The manager told me he hadn’t seen a Moon for months, but all the others were trickling through every few days .

Master
    I think the fakes do make buying anything on ebay a risk.
    Even models that are available are still hard to get as stores are so few, that's the biggest problem. I live in Essex and its £35 on the train plus 3+ hours to go in and get one and they still might not have the colour you want.
    For most people they just aren't close enough to a store to ever get one in person

Master
    Was able to walk in to Covent Garden Swatch shop and get their last Mercury watch, they only had a few ones left in some of the other versions.

This was Wednesday

Master
    Just firing the thread up again, a few links coming up on insta. Are there any reliable sources punting genuine ones out at retail at the moment

I've yet to see a fake with the correct 1/10 seconds right hand subdial operation (they usually have a 24 hour one, despite the markings), but there are some where the chrono doesn't work at all so you can't be sure it's genuine if the time isn't set to 12 and that dial is at 0.

I briefly had a genuine Jupiter and the finish of the real thing is more refined generally than the fakes, but it's not easy to spot without direct comparison.

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

In London today for The Hundred final so nipped to Oxford Street and was there just before the Swatch store opened at 11, to be greeted by a long queue with security guards monitoring it!

Waited about 10 minutes to get in, during which time it became apparent that almost everyone else in the queue was a reseller. Just before we got to the front someone from the store came out and announced that they had no moons, mercury or Neptune's - cue most of the resellers leaving the queue.

When we got in they had everything but those three, but I couldn't really decide which I fancied from the rest. It was one per person, but as I'd got my three kids with me that apparently meant I could buy four.

Went with a Mars and a Jupiter in the end. Was undecided between the Saturn and Jupiter but the brown strap on the Saturn killed it for me...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytrain View Post
    In London today for The Hundred final so nipped to Oxford Street and was there just before the Swatch store opened at 11, to be greeted by a long queue with security guards monitoring it!

Waited about 10 minutes to get in, during which time it became apparent that almost everyone else in the queue was a reseller. Just before we got to the front someone from the store came out and announced that they had no moons, mercury or Neptune's - cue most of the resellers leaving the queue.

When we got in they had everything but those three, but I couldn't really decide which I fancied from the rest. It was one per person, but as I'd got my three kids with me that apparently meant I could buy four.

Went with a Mars and a Jupiter in the end. Was undecided between the Saturn and Jupiter but the brown strap on the Saturn killed it for me...
    Are these hard to get again? seems back in April some places were fully stocked of all the models?

Quote Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
    Are these hard to get again? seems back in April some places were fully stocked of all the models?
    Don't know, first time we've been to anywhere that had any in six months.
    All the dealers in the queue were trading 'Mercs' and Neptunes - apparently they were getting about 330 for a Merc and nearer 500 for the Neptune.
    One guy ahead of us in the queue had three Mercury's in his bag before he even got in the store, buying them from people he knew who were ahead of him in the queue.
    Bit frustrating as that would've been my first choice, but what can you do. Same guy had another bag with about 6 Nike shoe boxes in it...

Honestly, just buy a fistful of AliExpress fakes and treat yourself to a nice night out with the change.

Sure, the real thing is better, but not that much and not worth the money (Swatch make lots of better watches for half the price) and while they continue to support the scalpers they don't deserve any respect.

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Popped into the Oxford Street store today and surprisingly, they are still flying off the shelves (no moon or mercury models). Thought the hype had died down!

I picked up a Jupiter from the Trafford Centre. Never even worn with the strap on as it looks a bit cheap and nasty but a leather Nato really looks good with it....

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    I picked up a Jupiter from the Trafford Centre. Never even worn with the strap on as it looks a bit cheap and nasty but a leather Nato really looks good with it....

Nice! Looks really smart
    Was in London again today - no moon or Neptune but everything else was in stock.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post

Looks smart!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk3y View Post
    Nice! Looks really smart
    Was in London again today - no moon or Neptune but everything else was in stock.
    They had moons for a couple of days 2 weeks ago. Neptune seems to be elusive one

Craftsman
    The ‘once per lunar cycle’ one readily available at my local boutique yesterday. Always quite liked the Moonswatch concept, and have one of them, but didn’t bother with this one.

Interestingly, there was stock left and they were almost closed. Wonder to happens to stock left over given, I think, they only sell them on a set day.

Last edited by Progressive; 28th November 2023 at 09:01.

All models except Neptune were available today in the Trafford Centre if anyone is looking

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    My battery cover seems to have just fallen off on my moonswatch and no where to be seen. Only worn it twice

Should this be covered under warranty?

Master
    Looks like they will have to reissue the Neptune in a new colourway :-) https://ras.ac.uk/news-and-press/new...us-really-look

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytrain View Post
    ... but the brown strap on the Saturn killed it for me...
    I thought the same, then the wife bought me one so I was obliged to wear it. Actually looks great on the wrist.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    My battery cover seems to have just fallen off on my moonswatch and no where to be seen. Only worn it twice

Should this be covered under warranty?

Thought I’d update this. Took it into swatch shop and they just popped on a new battery cover straight away. Was in and out in 2 mins

Journeyman
    Mine has no issues, but it feels very cheap, like a cheap Casio. But I got compliments from some colleagues, who don't know much about watches though.