closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 1652

Thread: Omega x Swatch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    You won’t even get in front of the grifters.
    Waste of time trying
    Still heavy then, shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    amazed this thread has 27 pages, there is nothing Omega about these watches.
    They are pure Swatch that look like a Hong Kong fake made in plastic.
    Having seen one in the flesh I think they are pretty naff. I cannot believe people are paying stupid money for them.

So now you can get a custom-fit Rubber-B strap for your Moonswatch that costs more than the watch...

Watch collecting really is a free-range lunatic asylum, isn't it?

I am in New York next week and have already primed my partner to expect visits to Swatch Stores. I fancy the pastel blue one which must not be named.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    I am in New York next week and have already primed my partner to expect visits to Swatch Stores. I fancy the pastel blue one which must not be named.
    You may have a good chance. I bought a few whilst out there recently. Beware the weak GBP though so effectively you are paying over UK RRP.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Thanks to a forum member picking this up and passing on to me (at cost I might add) shows that once again the Spirit of The Forum is alive and well!

I’m not naming said member in case they are inundated with enquiries…..

Straight onto a white nato!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Looks good though! :)

Craftsman
    Covent Garden had a delivery today, a friend was passing and joined the queue, only had pink/yellow left by time he got in shop.

Didn’t seem to be any Herbert’s pushing in the queue and there was security.

They’re quite fun watches for £207 but no way I’d pay over the odds for one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Wow people are still waiting in line outside the shop to buy one of these?
    Did you expect buyers to be lowered from the ceiling, Mission Impossible style?

Master
    I can’t see how re-sellers are making this worthwhile on certain models of these now. Some seem to go for £275 on eBay, which means after fees £245 less postage. So maybe £30-£40 profit, not to be sniffed at I suppose but hardly worth the bus fare and waiting time. I guess some models make a lot more and that’s what they are really after.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    I can’t see how re-sellers are making this worthwhile on certain models of these now. Some seem to go for £275 on eBay, which means after fees £245 less postage. So maybe £30-£40 profit, not to be sniffed at I suppose but hardly worth the bus fare and waiting time. I guess some models make a lot more and that’s what they are really after.
    Economies of scale.

It’s like people with eBay shops selling small things or pound shops.

Sell enough with a small profit……

BTW they were selling them from the Omega Boutique in the Trafford Centre this week.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Economies of scale.

It’s like people with eBay shops selling small things or pound shops.

Sell enough with a small profit……

BTW they were selling them from the Omega Boutique in the Trafford Centre this week.
    Was chasing up my 321 with Ian the Boutique Manager and he knows nothing about any MoonSwatch sales from his store so I guess that must be a rumour.

Master
    Was chasing up my 321 with Ian the Boutique Manager and he knows nothing about any MoonSwatch sales from his store so I guess that must be a rumour.
    Yep, false rumour, been in a couple of times for something else, they were not selling the moonswatch.

Interesting.

I have heard about these promo vehicles rocking up and selling watches first come first served.

Will tell Ian, I guess he was right about the boutique not selling directly but I am surprised he wasn't aware of this news!

Staying in Lower Manhattan next week and there is a Swatch store on the corner of the block so I will pay a visit and see how the land lies.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    Covent Garden had a delivery today, a friend was passing and joined the queue, only had pink/yellow left by time he got in shop.

Didn’t seem to be any Herbert’s pushing in the queue and there was security.

They’re quite fun watches for £207 but no way I’d pay over the odds for one.
    I went in today on the off-chance with my Son, he is keen on the Moon versions.. I/he would be happy to pay retail or even a small premium but alas no stock. I definitely don’t fancy the bother of waiting in a queue for hours.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox78 View Post
    Yeah…one of the promo 500’s selling outside the orient at the TC is *not* the Omega boutique linked to Beaverbrooks selling them.
    The fiat 500 was outside the Omega Boutique

Apparently it has been there twice now.

The boutique is going to let me know next time it pops up.

I don't know why they can't just distribute these in a sensible manner. Edinburgh and London is no use for many of us.

Blog Entries
    I don't know why they can't just distribute these in a sensible manner. Edinburgh and London is no use for many of us.
    They just can't keep up with demand.

Not that I am a fan of their strategy or tactics (in terms of dealing directly with the dodgy resellers) but I am sure that they'd be selling them through many more stores and online if they could do so.

This Moonswatch saga really leaves a sour taste, talk about tainting the watch. I thought they were brilliant at the start but at this point I wouldn't want one and see the whole thing as a example of a great idea gone completely wrong. Terribly executed.

I've been checking out some of the eBay auctions and I'm detecting, mission to the moon aside, the scalping bubble is starting to burst.

A mission to mars (aka Alaska project) just went for £285 with free postage. So £5 postage, £36 fees (assuming you didn't wait for a promo) leaves £37 "profit".

If you've got f*ck all else to do it's maybe worth an hour of your time, but it's no longer the pay day it once was. Mission to the moon is still up at £500 but the others seem to be in £280 - £350 range (based on auctions with bids)

So I'm thinking we're getting close to the day when you could rock up and get any one you want, bar the moon one.

Or you pay £40-£50 over RRP to get one - that's not that bad tbh.

By total fluke, I’m at the front of the queue right now in Grand Arcade in Cambridge. The Fiat 500 is here.

Can’t decide if I want a Moon or Mercury.

Only 1 per person per day is allowed. And there are about a dozen “London lads” here who all know each other and knew it was going to be here today. They’ve all got the train up to cash in on selling their watch.

I was popping into John Lewis anyway and when I came out, the little car was here. I’ve been waiting an hour so far for the stock to arrive.

Boom

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Boom

I'd do the lottery tonight if I were you.

Did they say how they knew where it was going to be? I'd read that even the Swatch staff don't know until 3pm the day before..

Master
    Boom

You’ve done well there! Mercury still top of my list if they ever become easier to buy…

They had 7 Merc, 7 moon and between 3 and 6 of the others. No Neptunes.

There were more people in the queue than watches available.

It was a massive stroke of luck.

Would have preferred to have found a Patek 5712 in the window of Mappin and Webb, but I’m happy with a Mercury and intend to keep it forever.

Master
    They had 7 Merc, 7 moon and between 3 and 6 of the others. No Neptunes.

There were more people in the queue than watches available.

It was a massive stroke of luck.

Would have preferred to have found a Patek 5712 in the window of Mappin and Webb, but I’m happy with a Mercury and intend to keep it forever.
    So they only had about 30-40 watches, I wonder why. They must be able to produce 100’ s a day so easily be able to take more should they wish.

Anyway, a stroke of luck as you say and you are definitely in a minority actually keeping the thing!

Blog Entries
    Boom

Nice work. Definitely the best one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazydonkey View Post
    I've been checking out some of the eBay auctions and I'm detecting, mission to the moon aside, the scalping bubble is starting to burst.

A mission to mars (aka Alaska project) just went for £285 with free postage. So £5 postage, £36 fees (assuming you didn't wait for a promo) leaves £37 "profit".

If you've got f*ck all else to do it's maybe worth an hour of your time, but it's no longer the pay day it once was. Mission to the moon is still up at £500 but the others seem to be in £280 - £350 range (based on auctions with bids)

So I'm thinking we're getting close to the day when you could rock up and get any one you want, bar the moon one.

Or you pay £40-£50 over RRP to get one - that's not that bad tbh.
    If I get one it’ll be either / both in the Alaska (Mars) and Neptune. The others are fun but not quite my cup of teas looks like I’ll get the Mars one without too much trouble on eBay. Neptunes seem extremely rare?

I was told that they stopped making Neptunes as the blue colour from the case was reportedly running out onto people’s skin.

Not sure if they’re intending to restart production but that is now (currently) very much the one to have, if you’re only in it for a profit.

Also interesting to be told that the Mercury is by far the most coveted. I had thought the Moon would be but the chap told me that in the flesh, the Mercury looks way nicer than the moon which is all black with a black plain strap. Apparently the Mercury case is a nicer colour and the dial has more detail. I’ve not opened mine yet so can’t comment. Will post a few pics when I’m back home from A&E.

Tried at the London Covent Garden boutique but no joy, not willing to pay over list as that just encourages the numptys. My daughter tried with her partner to get one in the early days but was physically threatened as scum jumped the line . So wont be supporting the muppet reseller’s for this one.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The Mars is down to a lowest ask of £258 on StockX now. Bizarrely, the Jupiter has gone up to over £320 again.

Mercury and Moon still close to £500.

Have had a proper look at it now. It’s a great watch for £207. Not sure I’d feel the same if I’d paid £600.

Not a fan of the strap but I’ve popped a thin nato on and like that.

Its case and dial are darker in the flesh than the official pics make it look. In fact, I wonder if I’d prefer the Moon version with its lighter case. Not sure without seeing a moon.

Master
    Nice. The Mercury looks lovely.

Journeyman
    Saw one in the flesh last weekend. Pretty flimsy feeling, but s nice looking piece. Would be a good but at MSRP. I think they proved a hit with the youngsters and are trading for around double that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsmith1974 View Post
    Saw one in the flesh last weekend. Pretty flimsy feeling, but s nice looking piece. Would be a good but at MSRP. I think they proved a hit with the youngsters and are trading for around double that.

Tell me you haven’t read the thread without telling me you haven’t read the thread :-)

Very nice 😊

Journeyman
    I'm shocked finding these is still an issue, seems like such a continued misstep from Swatch.

Like others, I'm still interested in getting one at RRP – so it's good to see the second hand prices drop.

Craftsman
    Quick photo after getting lucky at a Swatch store.

Master
    Here is a thing, maybe mentioned up thread, but I am being too lazy.

I bought one of these for my 3816 Sapphire: https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/o...-032cwz016042w but I never even tried it as I thought it was not very good quality for £185 (oh Omega!).

Has anyone compared it to the Swatch? In pictures the Swatch looks very close quality, if not the same material as this one (https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/o...-032cwz011583w). If it is similar...oh Omega!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by redsox78 View Post
    Here is a thing, maybe mentioned up thread, but I am being too lazy.

I bought one of these for my 3816 Sapphire: https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/o...-032cwz016042w but I never even tried it as I thought it was not very good quality for £185 (oh Omega!).

Has anyone compared it to the Swatch? In pictures the Swatch looks very close quality, if not the same material as this one (https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/o...-032cwz011583w). If it is similar...oh Omega!! :)
    Those prices are beyond parody.

Omega x Swatch

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    Those prices are beyond parody.
    Plus very short. Even if willing to pay the silly price if your wrist is larger that 7.5inches forget it!

Blog Entries

A couple of different strap looks

Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    So they only had about 30-40 watches, I wonder why. They must be able to produce 100’ s a day so easily be able to take more should they wish.

Anyway, a stroke of luck as you say and you are definitely in a minority actually keeping the thing!
    Doesn’t help when their CEO thinks it’s all a bit of a laugh and we should all trust it as a game!!

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Is he wrong though? People waiting in line, paying way over the odds, its a cheap plastic Swatch of course it should be taken as a bit of a laugh.
    No, he thinks restricting supply make it more fun as the customer will have to make an effort to get the watch, like a treasure hunt

This is the guy who has a pirate flag raised whenever he’s in the building

The journo who wrote this was surprised to find that the shop at Swatch HQ didn’t have stock either!

My wife is very happy and didn’t mind paying the extra £50 or so.

https://ibb.co/Cb4yxxF

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Love that, where did you get the red strap pls?

Needs white hardware to really complete the look ^. I wonder if anyone does a white on red NATO?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Love that, where did you get the red strap pls?
    EBay £3

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265804645...mis&media=COPY