closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 1652

Thread: Omega x Swatch

Quote Originally Posted by kibrisjason View Post
    Hey don’t knock Church’s, had mine 28 years and never worn out. The most fabulous handmade shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Not any more sadly, the quality of Church shoes has been in steady decline since they sold the company and for at least the last six or seven years they have been absolute crap.

These are great fun watches. The first thing I did was to get rid of the standard strap which is woeful, and pop it on a MN!

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    Spotted my first fake MoonSwatch on the Bay of Evil:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185505309561

Missing the grave accent over the first E in TACHMETRE, and the crown looks decidely rough, too.

Reported and I did tell the seller.
    I'll definitely avoid that mission to uranus.

Master
    I put in a low offer on StockX, and to my surprise, managed to bag a Jupiter. It now goes to StockX for verification, then to me. Had to pay a processing fee and high shipping, but at £312 all in, I'm pleased.

Worst case scenario, I can sell on eBay for about the same, I reckon.

First job will be to change the strap!

Journeyman
    I put in a low offer on StockX, and to my surprise, managed to bag a Jupiter. It now goes to StockX for verification, then to me. Had to pay a processing fee and high shipping, but at £312 all in, I'm pleased.

saw a few on stockx too, the charges for shipping and "verification" are a bit of a pisstake to be honest that put me off

Journeyman

Assuming you don't live near a Swatch boutique, that's not a terrible price. Would probably be the cost of a train ticket and the day out in London, on top of the watch price for me.

Blog Entries
    What kind of cost for postage/verification are we talking?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    What kind of cost for postage/verification are we talking?
    £14.25 for processing, £13.50 for postage.

I live in the suburbs of London, so feasible to get to a shop, but each attempt means time off work to get there in time.

I just sold my Earth model yesterday was only a week old
    I found it looked great on a Sinn silicone strap

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    These are great fun watches. The first thing I did was to get rid of the standard strap which is woeful, and pop it on a MN!

That works really well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went to the Edinburgh store at 11:00 yesterday as i was over with work.

Display case was in the window which usually means they have stock - ace.

They HAD stock at 10am. Sold out by 10:30.

A guy sits outside the shop every morning just before it opens. If they put the case out he sends a message to a group and a queue forms within 10 mins.

Still £150 premium on eBay from what i can see so I'm going to wait a bit yet.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries

^ comical situation. Surely it wont be long before everyone who actually wants one of these has one, and then the flippers will be flogging them below retail just to get shot

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    No stores yet for Wales or Northern Ireland :(

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    ^ comical situation. Surely it wont be long before everyone who actually wants one of these has one, and then the flippers will be flogging them below retail just to get shot
    Hope so, the scalpers are largely responsible for ruining it for everyone else, although Swatch themselves are partly to blame for the omnishambles of a release and distribution policy.

You can add the mugs that buy from the scalpers to that list. Without them the scalpers wouldn't have any customers.

Master
    Mine arrived from Stockx today.

I rather like it.

The bioceramic case feels nice, disctinct from plastic. it's nicely executed, mirrors the dimensions and style of the Moon very well.

I think this colour scheme works well, and the Jupiter image on the back is well done.

I would find it next to impossible to get to a shop in time to get one without losing a day's holiday each time on the offchance, so happy to pay a bit more than list. Not that much more, though.

Looking for another now... maybe Earth or Pluto.

Master
    I would find it next to impossible to get to a shop in time to get one without losing a day's holiday each time on the offchance

You’d probably loose the whole of your AL entitlement trying

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

I went to the Glasgow store for it opening on Tuesday this week. There was a group of teenagers waiting outside the shop. The shop opened and we were told there was no stock. I was next in town yesterday and went by the shop again. The same teenagers were there again. This time I asked the when they expect stock and was told they are not told in advance but deliveries normally arrived at about 12. I went back at 12 (was in town anyway) and they had just got a delivery but no stock of moonswatches. I asked if the kids were there everyday and was was told yes, they arrive for opening and hang around until that days delivery and they buy a watch each everytime they get stock. I questioned this as I was under the impression that it was one watch per customer and the sales girl said it is one per customer per day. I politely told her I wouldn’t be back.

^ Looking at the +ves, these youngsters are showing some initiative getting off their backsides to supplement their pocket money / benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    ^ Looking at the +ves, these youngsters are showing some initiative getting off their backsides to supplement their pocket money / benefits.

Absolutely, it was actually quite refreshing to see the kids making some money during the school holidays. They even asked if I was a reseller. :)

Omega x Swatch

I initially liked the look of these, but after seeing a few photos and reviews my interest evaporated - if I could buy one tomorrow at retail I wouldn’t bother. Just not my cup of tea. However, now this thread has been running for a while I’m left with a really bad taste in my mouth around how Omega/Swatch have handled this release. They seem to have encouraged some pretty unpleasant behaviour around their stores for one, and encouraged a slightly shady secondary online market. Anyone else feel the same? - I’ve grown tired of all the Rolex silliness and it’s damaged the brands reputation in my eyes, and now Omega are following suit. I’m sure the fanboys will say neither company will be bothered in the slightest what I think, and I’m sure that’s correct - but I’m sure I’m not alone, and in spite of the millions spent on Marketing and Advertising, I’m left with the impression that they’re a rather grubby enterprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobDad; 30th July 2022 at 11:47.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    They seem to have encouraged some pretty unpleasant behaviour around their stores for one, and encouraged a slightly shady secondary online market. Anyone else feel the same?
    Yes.

To begin with I thought the hype would be beneficial to them, but I was implicitly assuming that they'd soon be able to ramp up production and make them easily available in shops and online as they said they would.

But that hasn't happened.

Instead they now admit to condoning and even facilitating the resellers (so as to avoid trouble at the over-busy shops). It may well be the easy option but it's also the sleazy option. Perhaps it would have made sense if they were just about to finally ramp up production to meet demand and overcome the colour issues but so far there is no sign of that.

Furthermore, having bought two of the broadly similar 'Colours of Nature' range I found myself unimpressed with the quality for the price (cheaper than the Moonswatchs). See #1053 and #1076. If you want a cheap, plastic fashion watch then Casio do far better for the same or a lower price, and even Swatch themselves do better quality for the same or less money with the main range of Swatch watches.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 30th July 2022 at 15:14.

I initially liked the look of these, but after seeing a few photos and reviews my interest evaporated - if I could buy one tomorrow at retail I wouldn’t bother. Just not my cup of tea. However, now this thread has been running for a while I’m left with a really bad taste in my mouth around how Omega/Swatch have handled this release. They seem to have encouraged some pretty unpleasant behaviour around their stores for one, and encouraged a slightly shady secondary online market. Anyone else feel the same? - I’ve grown tired of all the Rolex silliness and it’s damaged the brands reputation in my eyes, and now Omega are following suit. I’m sure the fanboys will say neither company will be bothered in the slightest what I think, and I’m sure that’s correct - but I’m sure I’m not alone, and in spite of the millions spent on Marketing and Advertising, I’m left with the impression that they’re a rather grubby enterprise.

Agree 100%

It’s still working after 2 sessions in the pool today.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    I picked up a Bamford GShock online when the orders opened. It's arrived today and it's really quite nice, nothing crazy, but some nice design touches and splashes of colour.
    Sorry, I'm still none the wiser. Who/what is Bamford?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    Sorry, I'm still none the wiser. Who/what is Bamford?
    One of these.

No, wait, I mean this: https://www.bamfordwatchdepartment.com/?page_id=2552

They are in fact related by family.

Bamford (the customised watch company) has built up quite a high value cult following. Very on-trend. So a G-Shock x Bamford special edition was bound to be popular.

A Bamford Rolex DSSD:

A Bamford Sesame Street Elmo Mayfair Sport:

Ah, one of these companies that prints their name on the dial and charges thousands for it?

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I went to the Glasgow store for it opening on Tuesday this week. There was a group of teenagers waiting outside the shop. The shop opened and we were told there was no stock. I was next in town yesterday and went by the shop again. The same teenagers were there again. This time I asked the when they expect stock and was told they are not told in advance but deliveries normally arrived at about 12. I went back at 12 (was in town anyway) and they had just got a delivery but no stock of moonswatches. I asked if the kids were there everyday and was was told yes, they arrive for opening and hang around until that days delivery and they buy a watch each everytime they get stock. I questioned this as I was under the impression that it was one watch per customer and the sales girl said it is one per customer per day. I politely told her I wouldn’t be back.
    Edin told me that even if new stock arrived during the day they wouldn't go on sale until the next morning. Unclear if this has changed.

Blog Entries
    Ah, one of these companies that prints their name on the dial and charges thousands for it?
    They began by PVDing Rolexs if I remember correctly. And they got popular, very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    just wonder if people still think they could make money out of that "hungry game" while fakes are readily available in abundance.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    They began by PVDing Rolexs if I remember correctly. And they got popular, very popular.
    I remember their Sloane Square store decades ago. They would have PVD Nautilus's and Subs sat there, freely for sale with no waiting lists etc. How times have changed!

Master
    Yep.

On a tangent, the family's collection of 250 GTO's is rather nice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    just wonder if people still think they could make money out of that "hungry game" while fakes are readily available in abundance.
    Yes they can. The prices on eBay show that there is still profit to be made. £100 profit for some queuing is well worth it for many.

Master

I have quite mixed feelings about it. It's an inexpensive version of one of my favourite watches available in some fun colours. It would be a great opportunity to own a couple in some bright colours and have some fun with watches for not a lot of money. On the other hand, the story of what's going on at the Glasgow store (my local store) puts me right off even going near the place and I would never encourage what's going on by paying above RRP for one. After all, they are just a cheap looking version of a great watch, meant to be a bit of fun. But it feels like all the fun has been sucked out of it by greed.

I'm coming around to thinking of them as fake Speedmasters...

With the connivance of Swatch stores in the black market, I've even stopped caring about the existence of the actual fake ones.

Why be fleeced by an 'approved' scalper when you can just buy a fake one for a pittance?

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Journeyman
    Im trying to work out how much over retail I would pay for one of these. Thats the issue. If I could pay under £275 i would take one but no way £100+ over retail, its crazy for a watch I would wear on holiday and occasionally here and there

Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    Im trying to work out how much over retail I would pay for one of these. Thats the issue. If I could pay under £275 i would take one but no way £100+ over retail, its crazy for a watch I would wear on holiday and occasionally here and there
    It's significantly overpriced at retail (plenty of other Swatches with similar specs at much lower prices), so paying over retail is just madness in my view.

M

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    With the connivance of Swatch stores in the black market, I've even stopped caring about the existence of the actual fake ones.

Why be fleeced by an 'approved' scalper when you can just buy a fake one for a pittance?
    This.

I was amazed that they admitted (albeit in an email) to actively assisting resellers.

The fact that it gives them an easier life doesn't excuse it in my opinion.

Several models in stock yesterday in the Zermatt shop. Can’t help with which ones, as my enthusiasm has waned from positive enthusiasm to more-likely-to-be-a-purchase-after-a-boozy-lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    It's significantly overpriced at retail (plenty of other Swatches with similar specs at much lower prices), so paying over retail is just madness in my view.

M
    Indeed, a fifty quid watch with a £150 name on it at retail, over retail even sillier.
    I like many others thought these were a bit of fun for not a lot of dough when they came out, but a combination of time going by, the shenanigans at the shops, swatch not putting them on line, colour leaching issues etc have taken the shine right off.

Personally, I love my one (Moon).

I had a brand new Omega Speedie a couple of years ago, but I just couldn't relax when wearing it. Always afraid I'd ding it, drop it or worse, get mugged for it.

With this, no such worries. I bought it at retail price, and think it's worth that. The dial is well finished, case is good and the strap that everyone seems to hate, I quite like. I don't understand how people can claim this isn't worth a couple of hundred quid but a basic sports Rolex is apparently worth £10k. The exact same watches were less than half that ten years ago, you mugs.

My only gripe is that being so light, it does feel a little fragile, that, and the pushers are quite pronounced, so being a right wrist watch wearer (try saying that after a few!) they can dig into my arm a tad.
    Last edited by HenPecked; 2nd August 2022 at 17:10.

... I don't understand how people can claim this isn't worth a couple of hundred quid but a basic sports Rolex is apparently worth £10k. The exact same watches were less than half that ten years ago, you mugs.
    Well, there we agree...

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk

Master
    Same company that used to grind down crown guards on Submariners for a retro Sub vibe? I really liked those although a Kemmner 007 scratched that itch for me at considerably less expense.

To answer my own question courtesy of Google : yes

https://hypebeast.com/2016/7/bamford...eritage-series

Are you talking about Rolex?

I think the founder is on a new podcast with the Bark and Jack guy. I listened to it for a bit and found him insufferable.

Master
    Apparently the Swatch shop close to the World Trade Centre in New York currently has the full complement of these, if anybody is lucky enough to be over at the moment. Son is debating which to get.

Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post
    Are you talking about Rolex?
    I once got very drunk with someone who used to work in their service centre. Now lives (and works) in the Cayman Islands. He told me he worked there over 20 years before branching out into other brands. He said they were good watches. But no better than the rest. This was before the current bubble - about 2011 or so. He said if I ever had the money, buy a Grand Seiko.

On his wrist? A Casio F-91W.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryb View Post
    I think the founder is on a new podcast with the Bark and Jack guy. I listened to it for a bit and found him insufferable.
    Yea, his posh public school boy voice is quite annoying