closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1320

Thread: Omega x Swatch

  1. #1151
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    2,903
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    I could have screwed him even more and had it for free , I did a return request as his listing said 30 days returns and he flipped calling me the most dishonest buyer his had,
    He rang eBay up who told him they were going to look into it and literally a hour latter they issue me with a full refund
    So message him and say can I get your address so I can send this back to you which I did
    For me if you buy something from eBay and there's nothing wrong with it. I.e. don't bond with it. You have to just sell it on. Although eBay will allow you to return it I doesn't make it right. Especially with something you have worn.

  2. #1152
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    For me if you buy something from eBay and there's nothing wrong with it. I.e. don't bond with it. You have to just sell it on. Although eBay will allow you to return it I doesn't make it right. Especially with something you have worn.
    Good for you

  3. #1153
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I have no interest in the watches, but I wonder if some folk are desperate for the full collection?
    Possibly a few are but I would imagine most are just out to re sell at a profit

  4. #1154
    Master jukeboxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    I had one for a week and didn’t bond with it so sent it back to the seller...
    Good to know. Another to avoid.

  5. #1155
    Master Caruso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worthing
    Posts
    2,341
    Mine arrived, ditched the original strap straight away and have ordered a couple more alternatives. But for the time being it's on this:



    Love the moonwatch case and colour scheme. But downsides are the chrono 2nd hand doesn't reset to the same place each time - varies by less than a second but still. It's only a 60 min chrono - the top right subdial is for 10ths of a second. And the white hour markers have no lume. So it's very much style over substance but I knew that going in.

  6. #1156
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Mine arrived, ditched the original strap …
    That’s a good look with the new strap.

  7. #1157
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    LONDON
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Mine arrived, ditched the original strap straight away and have ordered a couple more alternatives. But for the time being it's on this:



    Love the moonwatch case and colour scheme. But downsides are the chrono 2nd hand doesn't reset to the same place each time - varies by less than a second but still. It's only a 60 min chrono - the top right subdial is for 10ths of a second. And the white hour markers have no lume. So it's very much style over substance but I knew that going in.
    Is there no lume on any of the watch??

  8. #1158
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,135
    I thought they did have lume
    I presume it would not be very good just like other Swatches but thought it would be there

    Edit: just checked on line and there is lume on these and it does not look too bad from images on Google
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 3rd July 2022 at 11:16.

  9. #1159
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    LONDON
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I thought they did have lume
    I presume it would not be very good just like other Swatches but thought it would be there

    Edit: just checked on line and there is lume on these and it does not look too bad from images on Google
    Yea, i looked and seems they do.
    has the guy below got a fake maybe if theres no lume??

  10. #1160
    Master Caruso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worthing
    Posts
    2,341
    Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    Yea, i looked and seems they do.
    has the guy below got a fake maybe if theres no lume??
    My mistake, it does have lume on the hour markers after all, but it's fainter than the lume on the hands.

  11. #1161
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Fleet
    Posts
    115
    Still not seen one of these in the flesh and not sure id want to pay over RRP to own one but would be nice to have them in the collection all the same.

  12. #1162
    Master robcuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Haarlem, NL
    Posts
    2,469

    Omega x Swatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Swatch are saying now that these won’t be available online but in stores only so the madness will continue by the looks


    https://professionalwatches.com/moon...duced-further/
    It seems the in store only policy is coming from the top of Swatch!, in a recent interview Hayek said he thought buyers would have to treat it as an adventure and the limited stocks would only add to the thrill of the chase.

    Hmm, me thinks he’s lost touch with reality.
    Last edited by robcuk; 3rd July 2022 at 21:29.

  13. #1163
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    27,107
    Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    Hmm, me thinks he’s lost touch with reality.
    People are free to disagree with me but - anyone chasing these watches seems to be suffering from the same issue.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  14. #1164
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    It seems the in store only policy is coming from the top of Swatch!, in a recent interview Hayek said he thought buyers would have to treat it as an adventure and the limited stocks would only add to the thrill of the chase.

    Hmm, me thinks he’s lost touch with reality.

    Read the same interview - dense stench of bovine ordure hanging over it. They've bolloxxed what might have been their biggest ever product launch, and now history is being hastily rewritten.

    You can p*ss people about with artificial scarcity and intelligence-insulting sales tactics if you're making tiny numbers of hand-crafted watches and selling each one for many thousands...

    £250 throwaway plastic watches: not so much.

  15. #1165
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,905
    I still fancy one of these.

    Prices on StockX are hovering around £300 now for several versions. Tempting...

    What is odd is the seeming lack of Neptunes. Lots of most of the others, but none of these. Shame, as it's my favourite. Possibly the colour leaching issue?

  16. #1166
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    356
    Saw a mission to mars and one of the others (can't remember which) up for sale in a shop (not swatch) Sunday not over impressed with the look at all, looked a bit cheap overall IMO

  17. #1167
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    I had one for a week and didn’t bond with it so sent it back to the seller, one thing I am getting annoyed with at the moment is the amount of them on eBay as I like to look at the latest omega listings but now its flooded with swatch’s
    after your preferred search term, you can list words to exclude. So searching for omega and avoiding swatch would be:

    Omega, -swatch

  18. #1168
    Quote Originally Posted by neilF183 View Post
    Saw a mission to mars and one of the others (can't remember which) up for sale in a shop (not swatch) Sunday not over impressed with the look at all, looked a bit cheap overall IMO
    They are only available in selected Swatch shops. Was the place you saw them selling them at an inflated price?

  19. #1169
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    They are only available in selected Swatch shops. Was the place you saw them selling them at an inflated price?
    I didn't see the price and didnt ask but would assume so it's a used dealer

  20. #1170
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    after your preferred search term, you can list words to exclude. So searching for omega and avoiding swatch would be:

    Omega, -swatch
    Didn’t know about that , many thanks just tried it and worked perfectly

  21. #1171
    Master gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    3,600
    Oxford St, 8.15am
    Last edited by gunner; 7th July 2022 at 16:11.

  22. #1172
    Grand Master markrlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    24,593
    Blog Entries
    26
    ^^^ Amazing, still going on. Still an opportunity to make money, I guess.

    There's an equation to be done to calculate at what stage the eBay profit margin will no longer warrant queuing like this.

  23. #1173
    Craftsman petay993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Oxford St, 8.15am

    Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    They seem a friendly bunch.

  24. #1174
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Oxford St, 8.15am

    Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Looks like a bunch of enthusiastic horologists, not a single reseller in sight.

  25. #1175
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Looks like a bunch of enthusiastic horologists, not a single reseller in sight.
    Having said that, no idea what a horologist is meant to look like!

  26. #1176
    Grand Master markrlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    24,593
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    What is odd is the seeming lack of Neptunes. Lots of most of the others, but none of these. Shame, as it's my favourite. Possibly the colour leaching issue?
    There are whispers of severe production difficulties with the Neptune. As you say, the colour leeching issue.

    See this from May earlier in the thread: #1000: Neptune to be suspended/discontinued. Allegedly.

  27. #1177
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    26,051
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Oxford St, 8.15am

    Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    TZ GTG?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  28. #1178
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North
    Posts
    17,514
    Blog Entries
    2
    I think the Neptune has been discontinued due to the colour issue. May return when fixed.

  29. #1179
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    6,186
    Can’t see a single pair of red wings or a Belstaff in that queue

  30. #1180
    Master RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wondering why people with no interest in watches seem to live on here?
    Posts
    7,650
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Having said that, no idea what a horologist is meant to look like!
    Barbour/Belstaff jacket in either XS or XXXL. MX-5 key ring, tactical manbag (containing a Faberge egg, 3 pairs of sunglasses, part used fragrance plus some second hand shoes and a Mont Blanc pen)

    Likely to be wearing either jeans from Primark or £350 obscure Japanese selvedge denim that creaks like a Victorian staircase and haven’t been washed. Ever. And a pair of Church’s.

  31. #1181
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Barbour/Belstaff jacket in either XS or XXXL. MX-5 key ring, tactical manbag (containing a Faberge egg, 3 pairs of sunglasses, part used fragrance plus some second hand shoes and a Mont Blanc pen)

    Likely to be wearing either jeans from Primark or £350 obscure Japanese selvedge denim that creaks like a Victorian staircase and haven’t been washed. Ever. And a pair of Church’s.
    Holding a bubble bath bottle shaped like a Dalek...

  32. #1182
    Has this thread had a haircut? Was there not an email response from the Oxford Street store detailed or did I read that somewhere else?

  33. #1183
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Has this thread had a haircut? Was there not an email response from the Oxford Street store detailed or did I read that somewhere else?
    The other thread
    “Remarkable admission” or thereabouts

  34. #1184
    Master jukeboxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,114
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Has this thread had a haircut? Was there not an email response from the Oxford Street store detailed or did I read that somewhere else?
    Wrong Swatch thread.
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?513430

    [^ Beaten to it]

  35. #1185
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Oxford St, 8.15am
    I wonder how many Swatch store managers have made a tidy packet selling Moonswatches out the back door, cash in hand. You'd be mad not to!

    Last edited by J J Carter; 8th July 2022 at 18:43.

  36. #1186
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    5,366
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Barbour/Belstaff jacket in either XS or XXXL. MX-5 key ring, tactical manbag (containing a Faberge egg, 3 pairs of sunglasses, part used fragrance plus some second hand shoes and a Mont Blanc pen)

    Likely to be wearing either jeans from Primark or £350 obscure Japanese selvedge denim that creaks like a Victorian staircase and haven’t been washed. Ever. And a pair of Church’s.
    I’ve just soiled myself

  37. #1187
    Master Ruggertech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    4,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    I’ve just soiled myself
    No problem, just bang them on SC (as long as they are an unusual size).

  38. #1188
    Master Templogin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shetland
    Posts
    2,098
    Don't worry, this will only continue until the mugs willing to pay over the odds have got their's.

    No, I don't want one.

    Still laughing at "creaks like a Victorian staircase"! Thanks for that.

  39. #1189
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    20,948
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Barbour/Belstaff jacket in either XS or XXXL. MX-5 key ring, tactical manbag (containing a Faberge egg, 3 pairs of sunglasses, part used fragrance plus some second hand shoes and a Mont Blanc pen)

    Likely to be wearing either jeans from Primark or £350 obscure Japanese selvedge denim that creaks like a Victorian staircase and haven’t been washed. Ever. And a pair of Church’s.
    Don’t forget the obligatory beard

  40. #1190
    Well as a gateway drug the Moonswatch has worked

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sion-goes-wild

  41. #1191
    Master OldHooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,053
    Hmm. Can't imagine he'd say otherwise.

  42. #1192
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Hmm. Can't imagine he'd say otherwise.
    “Hayek said sales of all Speedmaster models have “risen by double digits,” since the MoonSwatch debuted.”

    So they’ve sold, what, 12 more?

  43. #1193
    Craftsman GTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Well as a gateway drug the Moonswatch has worked
    I agree, because I’m one of those people that finally got round to buying a speedy (on Sales Corner though). It was always a watch to have in the collection, but somehow never got round to it. I figured I’d want to own the “real thing” if I ever got the Swatch ones as I’d always feel it was missing!

  44. #1194
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    5,366
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    No problem, just bang them on SC (as long as they are an unusual size).
    32x32, no chance of them flogging.

  45. #1195
    Master Ruggertech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    4,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    32x32, no chance of them flogging.
    Ah, both way too narrow and way too long for SC. 42x26 the average?

  46. #1196
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Sussex, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    7,374
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    For me if you buy something from eBay and there's nothing wrong with it. I.e. don't bond with it. You have to just sell it on. Although eBay will allow you to return it I doesn't make it right. Especially with something you have worn.
    Yep, agree with that

  47. #1197
    Master BSB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,077
    Blog Entries
    1
    Went into a Jaguar dealership yesterday and the salesperson was wearing the Moon version. He said he'd bought two with his partner in Switzerland recently in a boutique where they'd just had a delivery. He let me have a look at it but it seems like a really tacky and cheap-feeling item and instantly distinguishable from the real thing. Can't see the attraction at all (except for dealers, obviously ££££).

  48. #1198
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Poole, England
    Posts
    269
    Was waiting for a coffee at a cafe in Cannes this morning and 3 American guys were all proudly posing with their new Moon Swatches. I asked, and apparently there was a Swatch store a short walk away, but not to bother going as there was a long queue. Not that I would buy one anyway! Madness.

  49. #1199
    Master Templogin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shetland
    Posts
    2,098
    They really have captured the imagination. They must be patting the marketing department on the back. Bonuses all round!

  50. #1200
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sutton Coldfield
    Posts
    1,681
    If indeed these have been the success that has been claimed, I wonder what other brands are willing to sacrifice themselves in the pursuit of more profit…

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information