closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1309

Thread: Omega x Swatch

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    FLY is spelt incorrectly too by the looks of it, FIY.
    This was mentioned earlier, but I'm sure the fakers will fix that soon enough, so maybe not a guaranteed way to spot a genuine one.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    This was mentioned earlier, but I'm sure the fakers will fix that soon enough, so maybe not a guaranteed way to spot a genuine one.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Totally agree, the first incarnations had many spelling mistakes but they seem to still be some obvious issues. The biggest give away Is it looks like a POS, everything is rough round the edges, text not sharp, crown as mentioned, just everything screams fake.

Craftsman
    I walked past the Oxford Street store a couple of hours ago and there was a big queue forming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do people queue every day? Just curious is it speculative or are regular deliveries being made and they have been tipped off?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Regular deliveries and people getting tipped off. It was clear a lot of the people in the front of the queue were known to the security and store staff.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    Regular deliveries and people getting tipped off. It was clear a lot of the people in the front of the queue were known to the security and store staff.
    I guess Swatch don't care as they're making easy sales but I really wish you had to provide some ID or similar so that you couldn't just keep buying and flipping these.

But looking at this graph of sales from stockx.com for the Mission to Mercury (which I would imagine is one of the more desirable ones), prices are steadily dropping still.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    I guess Swatch don't care as they're making easy sales but I really wish you had to provide some ID or similar so that you couldn't just keep buying and flipping these.

But looking at this graph of sales from stockx.com for the Mission to Mercury (which I would imagine is one of the more desirable ones), prices are steadily dropping still.
    I'd love to know the volume of sales. Can't imagine it's particularly high, there are a lot of these for sale in various online forums and very few popping up on people's wrists.

Craftsman
    I may be totally wrong but it looked as though those in the front of the queue were being paid a few quid to be there and buy on behalf of someone else. As I said, I may be totally wrong but that was the impression I got.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by coredriller View Post
    I may be totally wrong but it looked as though those in the front of the queue were being paid a few quid to be there and buy on behalf of someone else. As I said, I may be totally wrong but that was the impression I got.
    If I may ask, what gave you that impression? Did you see money changing hands?

My enthusiasm for one has gone from moderate excitement around the launch date to general indifference a few weeks later. The longer Omega drip feed a limited number of shops the faster my interest fades.

The risk is not that they lose potential buyers like me - I'm sure they couldn't care less - but that the general QC issues become obvious, and so new buyer numbers rapidly drop off. This is possibly a one-trick-pony partnership, and with Swatch watches not known for looking tidy after a few months I'd have thought it would make sense to sell by the bucket load while they can.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    My enthusiasm for one has gone from moderate excitement around the launch date to general indifference a few weeks later. The longer Omega drip feed a limited number of shops the faster my interest fades.

The risk is not that they lose potential buyers like me - I'm sure they couldn't care less - but that the general QC issues become obvious, and so new buyer numbers rapidly drop off. This is possibly a one-trick-pony partnership, and with Swatch watches not known for looking tidy after a few months I'd have thought it would make sense to sell by the bucket load while they can.
    I myself have had a complete change of heart too. I really wanted one when they were released and now would decline purchasing one even if the opportunity arose. QC doubts are exactly why I feel the money would be better spent elsewhere.

Blog Entries
    Despite being less than an impressed with one of the the broadly similar 'Colors of Nature' watches, I'd still like the Mars Moonswatch, even if it's just for the novelty value. But it will have to be at RRP or below. My time will come -- eventually.

My impression is that Swatch are having production difficulties and delays.

Blog Entries
    Had a rare outing in London today so thought I'd brave the queues and see if I could bag one of these Moonswatchs. Boy was I not prepared to witness what I did. I rocked up to the Oxford Street store at 10am just as the store was opening. I'd guess there were 40-50 people in the queue ahead of me, no sweat. But, there was a group of 15-20 blokes standing at the front who were causing quite a fuss, from what I could hear. I waited for half an hour and barely any movement in the line, them it became clear what was happening. Basically the group of lads at the front were pushing in, buying watches, coming out, transfer the watch box from the swatch bag to rucksack (or similar) then go back in and buy more. Repeatedly. I reckon between this small group of people they must have hoovered up half the days delivery. And barely anyone else got a look in. Security did absolutely nothing to stop them. So 50 mins I waited, then they ran out of colours (only Pluto's left) and I gave up, it takes the preverbial when Swatch are allowing this crap to take place. And the cherry on the cake, one of this group of guys rocks out the shop then tries to sell one of his to the line of people in the queue, for a substantial mark up of course. Utter bollocks, I'm not playing these games, I'm out.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Had a rare outing in London today so thought I'd brave the queues and see if I could bag one of these Moonswatchs. Boy was I not prepared to witness what I did. I rocked up to the Oxford Street store at 10am just as the store was opening. I'd guess there were 40-50 people in the queue ahead of me, no sweat. But, there was a group of 15-20 blokes standing at the front who were causing quite a fuss, from what I could hear. I waited for half an hour and barely any movement in the line, them it became clear what was happening. Basically the group of lads at the front were pushing in, buying watches, coming out, transfer the watch box from the swatch bag to rucksack (or similar) then go back in and buy more. Repeatedly. I reckon between this small group of people they must have hoovered up half the days delivery. And barely anyone else got a look in. Security did absolutely nothing to stop them. So 50 mins I waited, then they ran out of colours (only Pluto's left) and I gave up, it takes the preverbial when Swatch are allowing this crap to take place. And the cherry on the cake, one of this group of guys rocks out the shop then tries to sell one of his to the line of people in the queue, for a substantial mark up of course. Utter bollocks, I'm not playing these games, I'm out.
    Youngsters?

Yeah im out also. Cant be bothered with even contemplating this kind of crap.
    Swatch security should be ashamed of themselves

Pathetic from Swatch and their security. I agree, I wouldn't even buy one at RRP on principle (even if I hadn't gone off them as I now think they look like tat).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Youngsters?

Yeah im out also. Cant be bothered with even contemplating this kind of crap.
    Swatch security should be ashamed of themselves
    I'd guess early 20's.

Craftsman

Craftsman
    That's exactly what I saw last week when I walked past last week, which made me wonder if they were being paid a few quid to be there. Although I would have put their ages at under 20. Of course i have absolutely no proof of this and I may have totally misread the situation.
    Last edited by coredriller; 29th June 2022 at 14:50.

So easy to fix this and so lame they havenít even attempted.

If thatís whatís going on just shut the shop and donít let anyone have one. Theyíre rewarding the behaviour otherwise.

Maybe everyone should buy the fakes/homages (hopefully the outright branded fakes will disappear soon) on Aliexpress and cut the rug out from under Swatch.

If they're effectively creating (or at least facilitating) a black market for these watches, I don't really have any sympathy for them.

Added to which at least you'll only pay £30 for a £15 watch rather than £300+ for a £50 one...

I no longer have any interest in the Moonswatch, as many others have said.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 29th June 2022 at 15:50.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Maybe everyone should buy the fakes/homages (hopefully the outright branded fakes will disappear soon) on Aliexpress and cut the rug out from under Swatch.

If they're effectively creating (or at least facilitating) a black market for these watches, I don't really have any sympathy for them.

Added to which at least you'll only pay £30 for a £15 watch rather than £300+ for a £50 one...

I no longer have any interest in the Moonswatch, as many others have said.

M
    Totally agree. Any enthusiasm I had for these is long gone. I assumed they would be a bit of novelty amongst watch enthusiasts... not absolutely ruined in the way they have been through how Swatch have botched the entire launch and distribution. They could easily have done this through something like the Nike SNKRS app which opens a draw when a new item launches, to be eligible to buy them. A fair way of doing it.

Blog Entries
    This is intriguing and very surprising to me that Swatch would continue to open the shop at all under these circumstances.

If they cannot sell safely via these boutiques then they need to stop selling via the boutiques.

I presume that this (or similar) is the reason that the Carnaby Street store hasn't sold the Moonswatchs for weeks now. It wasn't just a matter of overcrowding.

The fact that the shop was allowed to stay open with this happening seemingly brings the shop management, Swatch, and Omega into disrepute. Buy continuing to trade and sell to this gang, they are in effect condoning and encouraging the behaviour.

If any force or threats were used or made by the gang then it also means that the shop management, Swatch, and Omega are condoning criminal activity.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 29th June 2022 at 20:31.

Craftsman
    Passing through London on Monday, and always planned to try but no way any more. Too old to be playing, or indeed witnessing games like this.

I genuinely don't understand why they don't just release them online now...in batches whenever available?? This in person model is not working, well it's only working for the flippers.

Fiasco.

When demand > supply it does rather bring out the worst in people. Just more obvious in this instance where the scalpers are very much visible to the genuine buyers. But no different to other parts of the watch market in terms of the outcomes for buyers.

I still want a Jupiter but am trying to get one on Ebay for no more than retail + cost of train ticket + cost of travel/queuing time. So my target price is £400.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VoleBoy View Post
    Passing through London on Monday, and always planned to try but no way any more. Too old to be playing, or indeed witnessing games like this.

I genuinely don't understand why they don't just release them online now...in batches whenever available?? This in person model is not working, well it's only working for the flippers.
    The online shop would spend most of its time sold out. Can you imagine the outcry that gets directed at Timefactors but with literally a thousand times more voices!

Right now the fuss is at arm's length, at the boutiques, but if it was online it would make the situation way more public and way worse for the decision makers in Swatch Group.

The truth is there's never any good way to manage this when demand exceeds supply. But condoning and effectively encouraging gangs, threats, and possibly violence at their shops is as bad as it gets.

Craftsman
    But my point is, there are already loads of things that pop in and out of sale online. It's how a lot of releases, especially record releases work. People take their chances. People can complain online, but they always do.

Online would remove the actual in person stuff that seems to be happening. You say it's at arm's length. But for the poor fuckers working in the shops, it's very real.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    The online shop would spend most of its time sold out. Can you imagine the outcry that gets directed at Timefactors but with literally a thousand times more voices!

Right now the fuss is at arm's length, at the boutiques, but if it was online it would make the situation way more public and way worse for the decision makers in Swatch Group.

The truth is there's never any good way to manage this when demand exceeds supply. But condoning and effectively encouraging gangs, threats, and possibly violence at their shops is as bad as it gets.
    Even with my previous response, given your last line, on that part I think we really do agree.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well guess thats the other cockup. Swatch should never of told people they would soon be available online in the first place

Blog Entries
    But my point is, there are already loads of things that pop in and out of sale online. It's how a lot of releases, especially record releases work. People take their chances. People can complain online, but they always do.

Online would remove the actual in person stuff that seems to be happening.
    Oh I'm not disagreeing with you!

I was being cynical about reasons to not merely allow this to continue but to have not stopped it as soon as it began.

You say it's at arm's length. But for the poor fuckers working in the shops, it's very real.
    But they're not Swatch Group decision makers are they... ;-)

There's no good way to deal with demand exceeding supply but this (so far) works well for those at the top. And possibly for those lower down who are being paid off.

Of course, (and I meant to say this before) the far better way to deal with demand exceeding supply is to increase supply, but the hints are that Swatch are having ongoing difficulties making this happen reliably.

Even with my previous response, given your last line, on that part I think we really do agree.
    Yes, quite so. :-)
    Last edited by markrlondon; 29th June 2022 at 21:02.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Well guess thats the other cockup. Swatch should never of told people they would soon be available online in the first place
    Yes, indeed! (Although it wouldn't change the debacle at boutiques).

Perhaps it would have been better to always sell online and skip the boutiques. That way it would be more practical to limit sales to, say, one each per address. There'd still be complaints, of course. But hindsight is 20:20.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    When demand > supply it does rather bring out the worst in people. Just more obvious in this instance where the scalpers are very much visible to the genuine buyers. But no different to other parts of the watch market in terms of the outcomes for buyers.

I still want a Jupiter but am trying to get one on Ebay for no more than retail + cost of train ticket + cost of travel/queuing time. So my target price is £400.
    Here you go.. should be able to bag one well within your target price :-)

https://stockx.com/swatch-x-omega-bi...so33c100-brown

I've personally got no interest in them, also i'm not sure why people are going so crazy as they're not limited editions.

My 2cents for what it's worth.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsan View Post
    I've personally got no interest in them, also i'm not sure why people are going so crazy as they're not limited editions.
    A genuine Omega for £207. And the highly limited supply makes them de facto limited editions, I think.

And I think that the hype (no matter how it got started) is now a driver of demand in its own right.

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Here you go.. should be able to bag one well within your target price :-)

https://stockx.com/swatch-x-omega-bi...so33c100-brown
    Thanks, with fees and postage it's £347 which is well under.

A genuine Omega for £207. And the highly limited supply makes them de facto limited editions, I think.

And I think that the hype (no matter how it got started) is now a driver of demand in its own right.
    I don't know why you'd buy something you don't want just for the brand, it's like buying some Church's formal shoes in the wrong size...

I guess I'd rather buy a lot of other watches for £207, and it would grind my gears to put money in a scalper's pocket.

Blog Entries
    I don't know why you'd buy something you don't want just for the brand
    But people do want it. :-)

They want it for "just" the brand, and for perceived limited nature, etc. These are things that consistently drive demand in a consumer society. FOMO, limited time offers, veblen, etc.

I guess I'd rather buy a lot of other watches for £207, and it would grind my gears to put money in a scalper's pocket.
    Entirely sensible of you.

But people do want it. :-)

They want it for "just" the brand, and for perceived limited nature, etc. These are things that consistently drive demand in a consumer society. FOMO, limited time offers, veblen, etc.
    I see your point, I suppose in some ways you have to admire the pitch-perfect marketing.

Blog Entries
    I suppose in some ways you have to admire the pitch-perfect marketing.
    Yup, indeed. :-)

Although I think they were taken aback by quite the way it worked out in reality (and possibly production difficulties).

Craftsman
    If these remain in production and there is no indication they wonít, they will soon be re-sold at a very small premium, maybe £50. Which if you donít live near London or Edinburgh is a worthwhile amount to pay to have someone else pick it up for you.

I note the Neptune (maybe others?) seem incredibly rare, so I guess Swatch will maybe limit supply of certain watches to keep interest high once the market is satisfied.

The queue outside the Oxford street Swatch store today, was still long and as always the same scalpers/resellers were jostling and pushing at the shops entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Operation Grandslam View Post
    The queue outside the Oxford street Swatch store today, was still long and as always the same scalpers/resellers were jostling and pushing at the shops entrance.
    I have no interest in the watches, but I wonder if some folk are desperate for the full collection?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    Now 454 for sale under £500, Cheapest at £264.

Hype is dying back, these will be retail and available by the Autumn.
    Now 506 under £500!! There are a lot of Jupiters for sale - surprised as I think they look really nice.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    Now 506 under £500!! There are a lot of Jupiters for sale - surprised as I think they look really nice.
    On StockX appears that some are changing hands for sub-£300, including the Earth variant. After StockX have taken their fee there isnít much profit for the time/hassle involved.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowen View Post
    On StockX appears that some are changing hands for sub-£300, including the Earth variant. After StockX have taken their fee there isnít much profit for the time/hassle involved.
    Yeah, can't be long until the flippers get bored

Craftsman
    Was watching a Pluto on eBay for £350 bin. Seller just sent through a bin for £300, didnít accept. Thatís a really small margin for the re-seller and itís only going one wayÖ

I had one for a week and didn’t bond with it so sent it back to the seller, one thing I am getting annoyed with at the moment is the amount of them on eBay as I like to look at the latest omega listings but now its flooded with swatch’s

Blog Entries
    If one comes up at RRP or less as they will the hype settles down then maybe but no way over list
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    I had one for a week and didn’t bond with it so sent it back to the seller, one thing I am getting annoyed with at the moment is the amount of them on eBay as I like to look at the latest omega listings but now its flooded with swatch’s
    Given the direction prices are going, sounds like you kinda screwed that seller! Not that I have much sympathy.

So hang on. Theyíre in short supply. Check. Same people purchasing at RRP, again and again. Check. Not interested in the watches just selling them on for a profit. Check. Hmmm, the pattern seems familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Given the direction prices are going, sounds like you kinda screwed that seller! Not that I have much sympathy.
    I could have screwed him even more and had it for free , I did a return request as his listing said 30 days returns and he flipped calling me the most dishonest buyer his had,
    He rang eBay up who told him they were going to look into it and literally a hour latter they issue me with a full refund
    So message him and say can I get your address so I can send this back to you which I did