closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1321

Thread: Omega x Swatch

Quote Originally Posted by tabascokid View Post
    Iíve lost all interest in these now but it hasnít stopped my son from pining for his first ďspeedmasterĒ. Iím more tempted with the other suggestion on this thread of a Buliva chrono for him.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I've had three of the Bulovas now. They look like a great idea, but they're just too big to live with. The lug to lug is something ridiculous like 52mm+, which even on my chubby wrists just looks ridiculous. It sticks out both sides.

It also needs a wider strap than the 20mm lugs will allow. I tried a bund on one of them, which made things a little better, but I still sold it.

Having had my Moonswatch for exactly two months now, it's definitely a keeper.

Master
    Dubai Mall Swatch had their display out last night but no models to sell. The guy reckons theyíve been getting about 20 per week of random colours.
    Having now seen them in the flesh, the Apollo looks like a toy. Iíd still consider a moon or mercury at retail price though.

Blog Entries
    Want a Swatch bioceramic in interesting colours that you can actually buy? These look nice (at 47mm diameter though).

https://www.swatch.com/en-gb/colors-of-nature.html

Trying to decide between the Desert and Canyon (I like the red dial but the pink strap, hmm...).
    Last edited by markrlondon; 10th June 2022 at 05:54.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Want a Swatch bioceramic in interesting colours that you can actually buy? .
    Hmmm, thanks but no thanks. Zero interest in Swatch or Bioceramic.
    Omega Swatch OTOH while not exactly Haute Horology is a cool idea and would love one at retail.

Timex have now brought out a plastic watch made from recycled plastic in quite bright summer colours, looks quite interesting and I think there is a 15% discount on offer at Timex.

Craftsman
    Want a Swatch bioceramic in interesting colours that you can actually buy? These look nice (at 47mm diameter though).

Trying to decide between the Desert and Canyon (I like the red dial but the pink strap, hmm...).
    I guess being plastic it will be light but still thinking they would sell more at 42mm-44mm as 47mm is probably too much for most i would have thought.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches seem to live on here?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    Dubai Mall Swatch had their display out last night but no models to sell. The guy reckons theyíve been getting about 20 per week of random colours.
    Having now seen them in the flesh, the Apollo looks like a toy. Iíd still consider a moon or mercury at retail price though.
    Apollo?

Master
    ^^^ sun gone to my headÖ meant to say the Alaska inspired one (ie, mission to mars).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    6th June

246 under £500, cheapest is £293.

Wont be long until they're available at retail
    14th June

383 under £500 now!!!!! They're struggling to sell in most countries

14th June

Hardly anything to get excited about or worth keeping a score card of.
    Behaving as most people would have expected. Initial hype has died down and more they sell, more come up for resale.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Hardly anything to get excited about or worth keeping a score card of.
    Behaving as most people would have expected. Initial hype has died down and more they sell, more come up for resale.
    Are we talking Tudor or Omega X Swatch here?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Are we talking Tudor or Omega X Swatch here?
    Lol! Is your FXD for sale?:-)

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Lol! Is your FXD for sale?:-)
    Gone a few weeks back. Once an updated Pelagos on bracelet comes out with T-Clasp Iíll be back in for another but Iíve learned my lesson with domed Tudors for now. Flat sapphire models only now.

My wife has the Green one, it weighs almost nothing and wears small too

And now available on eBay. All be it fakes, for the bargain price of £99.00. NOT

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354113770...mis&media=COPY

Sent from a technical device.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    And now available on eBay. All be it fakes, for the bargain price of £99.00. NOT

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354113770...mis&media=COPY

Sent from a technical device.
    Interesting that it states sterile dial as the pics seem to be photoshopped versions of the real deal. I ordered a sterile dial from Aliexpress but got a fully branded fake unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    Interesting that it states sterile dial as the pics seem to be photoshopped versions of the real deal. I ordered a sterile dial from Aliexpress but got a fully branded fake unfortunately.

Have you got a link to the AliExpress listing?

Things have definitely quietened down on the demand. When I walked past the other day there were only about 10 people in the queue.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by neilF183 View Post
    Have you got a link to the AliExpress listing?
    No it's gone now unfortunately as I wanted to check the listing details as part of my dispute

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Things have definitely quietened down on the demand. When I walked past the other day there were only about 10 people in the queue.
    Given no one can get in to london this week what with all the strikes, anyone in London will probably be able to pick one up no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I can imagine in 50yrs time one coming up on the Antiques Road Show.... a rare working example with original packing..."I'm going to put an auction price of £30k on this, thank you for bringing it along"
    About the same price as a tank of fuel then

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

This was an unexpected Fatherís Day gift and I must admit, Iím positively surprised. Itís a fun watch that I can see myself wearing at the beach etc this summer. Even the strap isnít too bad.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I still would like to try one of these, not paying above but hopefully if it slows down they will go online!

Journeyman
    I'd still love to get my hands on one of these.

If they're ever available to purchase for RRP online...

...Count me in.

Craftsman
    I'm travelling through London a week on Monday. I will certainly try and see how the queues are.

Blog Entries

[img][pic was here][/img]

(Before anyone gets excited, this is a brief review of one of the 'Colors of Nature' watches, not the Moonswatch.)

Well, I've just taken delivery of a Desert. The RRP is £112 but it can be purchased with a discount (down to £87-£90ish) from a couple of UK online Swatch ADs.

For £100ish it's frankly a tad underwhelming. It looks nice enough, the online pics do give an accurate idea of its size and colour, but the build quality is poor. The 'bioceramic' is... err.. plastic. What was I expecting? Well, plastic, and I got plastic. The crystal is super-cheap sounding plastic (could be cheapest of cheap thin acrylic or something else). The silicone strap (which has a pleasant feel) is nevertheless too short. I have to have it at the last hole on my wrist. If my wrist was any bigger then it just wouldn't fit. (Other Swatch watches do fit me fine with at least one hole to spare). The quartz movement has a ghost date position (no date on the dial) but, worse, it doesn't hack! What, a quartz movement that doesn't hack! How cheap do Swatch need to be?

I certainly wasn't expecting a Rolex Oysterquartz but other manufacturers (e.g. Casio) do better, way better, for £100ish. Even Swatch can do better at this price point.

Nice visual design, nice idea, but failed by cheaping out. Verdict: Spend your money elsewhere.

Craftsman
    Hi all - I am (hopefully) in London tomorrow with work. Any idea which Swatch shop to try first or is it just pot-luck?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Hi all - I am (hopefully) in London tomorrow with work. Any idea which Swatch shop to try first or is it just pot-luck?

Thanks
    Pot luck!!

Swatch are saying now that these won’t be available online but in stores only so the madness will continue by the looks

https://professionalwatches.com/moon...duced-further/
    Last edited by Balance wheel; 23rd June 2022 at 12:48.

Blog Entries
    They've said that for quite a while now.

Master
    I've read a few accounts now of people buying from resellers and receiving a fake..

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    I've read a few accounts now of people buying from resellers and receiving a fake..
    Any telltale signs to look for?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Any telltale signs to look for?
    I think the chrono not working was the main one..! Also, some of the caseback text missing or misspelled, battery cover not an actual battery cover and instead the whole caseback removes, colours not being a true match, S missing from under the 'crystal', printing on the strap misaligned and poor...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post

Thanks
    Only 2 London stores sell them. Best bet is most likely Oxford Street, but I wouldn't travel far on the off chance.

Master
    14th June

Now 454 for sale under £500, Cheapest at £264.

Hype is dying back, these will be retail and available by the Autumn.

Blog Entries
    Now 454 for sale under £500, Cheapest at £264.

Hype is dying back, these will be retail and available by the Autumn.
    It's taking a while though, isn't it!

Craftsman
    Only 2 London stores sell them. Best bet is most likely Oxford Street, but I wouldn't travel far on the off chance.
    Thank you, itís more or less on the way but I wonít get my hopes up.

I wouldnít bother. Waited for 2 hours today and was a few people from the front only for some people in the store to start threatening the staff. Even though there were watches left they stopped selling and dispersed the queue.

Sounds like the same people queue every day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    only for some people in the store to start threatening the staff.
    Grief, what did they think was going to happen!

I think the chrono not working was the main one..! Also, some of the caseback text missing or misspelled, battery cover not an actual battery cover and instead the whole caseback removes, colours not being a true match, S missing from under the 'crystal', printing on the strap misaligned and poor...
    Thanks, I brought a Jupiter from eBay and itís coming tomorrow and going by that info itís a genuine one

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Swatch are saying now that these wonít be available online but in stores only so the madness will continue by the looks

https://professionalwatches.com/moon...duced-further/
    So the journalist has decided to go on live chat to talk to the bod who does customer service, and thinks he's got a scoop? What sort of insider info on distribution strategy does he imagine the guy answering live chat queries has? It may turn out to be true by happenstance, but what a ridiculous approach to evidencing it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    So the journalist has decided to go on live chat to talk to the bod who does customer service, and thinks he's got a scoop? What sort of insider info on distribution strategy does he imagine the guy answering live chat queries has? It may turn out to be true by happenstance, but what a ridiculous approach to evidencing it.
    And it only confirms what it states on the swatch.com website (and has done for ages now).

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    True not the best investigator journalism

Passed the Covent Garden store earlier today while going to Apple. They had some in this morning but all sold out within a few hours.

It seems the demand is still strong!

Not sure what you mean by 'chrono not working', but I've seen a fake Moonswatch and the chrono second hand works, although I don't think the sub-dials are linked to it - Edit : The 1/10th second subdial is, apparently, a 24 hour time, despite the markings, but the minute subdial works.

The S in the crystal will be hard to spot in eBay photos, the other points are true, but some of the problems with colour mismatches shown, for example, in the video earlier in this thread, are overstated (and no doubt will get fixed, as will the typo - Supposedly an easy spot was the missing accent on the Tachymetre, but the one I saw I had it).

The easiest spot might well be the indentation on the lug where the back removes.

Fake :

Genuine :

M
    Last edited by snowman; 25th June 2022 at 16:22.

^^^ The crown on that fake looks very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    ^^^ The crown on that fake looks very poor.
    Were you expecting high quality?

M

Blog Entries
    FLY is spelt incorrectly too by the looks of it, FIY.

If anyone is looking for a Pluto or Sun, there is one of each in Oxford.; £1475 and £950 respectively!!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Were you expecting high quality?

M
    Not necessarily, but looks far worse than rest of watch. Not a crisp moulding, like something out of a Kinder egg.