closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega x Swatch

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    The title says it is a picture. I think you’d be on your own.
    He’s listed it in the wristwatch classification though.

It’s listed in the watches category so will go through authentication. Not sure what they’d say when a photo turned up, but pretty sure they’d give the buyer a chance to not proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post
    It’s listed in the watches category so will go through authentication. Not sure what they’d say when a photo turned up, but pretty sure they’d give the buyer a chance to not proceed.

Good points !

Pay with a picture of a bank card.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    're cost? Lots of people out there dropping £200 on a pair of training shoes or a set of bike shorts and a £100 is the entry level for a big act e.g. Stones or U2 filling a stadium near you.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    're cost? Lots of people out there dropping £200 on a pair of training shoes or a set of bike shorts and a £100 is the entry level for a big act e.g. Stones or U2 filling a stadium near you.
    Good point. It’s easy to spend £100….

Nando’s for two with a couple of soft drinks is £40

Taxi to a bar, half a dozen pints and cocktails* for me and my wife and a taxi home is over £100 in the closest village.

Taxi to the local Italian, couple of starters and mains plus a couple of pints and a bottle of wine* and a taxi home is over £100.

Tickets to the rugby, fuel to get there and a couple of pies and soft drinks for my lad and me is over £80.

*for clarification the beer is for me, not the cocktails or wine 🤣

Love these... Will get one.. Mars and Jupiter for me... and i will have a think about which ones for my girls... perhaps venus.. sun... and the light blue one.. may be a few for my nephews for their birthdays.... perhaps the moon... ahhh... looks like i am going in to town next weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Funny thing is when marketing threads crop up on here most claim to be impervious to the overtures of the marketing departments of the brands selling them highly priced luxury goods. They buy the watch purely on its horological merits. :-)
    This always makes me laugh too. And the people who see themselves as the most impervious are generally those most influenced.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Good point. It’s easy to spend £100….

Nando’s for two with a couple of soft drinks is £40

Taxi to a bar, half a dozen pints and cocktails* for me and my wife and a taxi home is over £100 in the closest village.

Taxi to the local Italian, couple of starters and mains plus a couple of pints and a bottle of wine* and a taxi home is over £100.

Tickets to the rugby, fuel to get there and a couple of pies and soft drinks for my lad and me is over £80.

*for clarification the beer is for me, not the cocktails or wine 🤣
    Completely agree.

It would easy cost £200 for dinner and a few cocktails around where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Completely agree.

It would easy cost £200 for dinner and a few cocktails around where I live.
    I take my wife to weatherspoons across the road.

I should buy a few and auction them for a Ukrainian fundraiser...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post
    How to make the scalpers and flippers look good !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224907138093
    I’m not a violent person but would like to think he’ll get his comeuppance if he succeeds in his deceit

I’ve shown no faith in human nature.......

No mention? How did all those people wanting a watch for themselves find out about them?

It ain’t Field of Dreams.
    I think you missed my point.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Surely no one is that crazy!!!!

Probably get all 3 Snoopies at that price!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Pay with a picture of a bank card.

Omega x Swatch

is an anagram of

We got max cash
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

May be only 1.5 snoopy... https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/...iABEgKUrfD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by donsaini View Post

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by donsaini View Post

Those are troll bids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Any info on how the London stores looked today?

The website says stock will be in stores in the coming weeks. Might wait till midweek and give them a call to see how often or when they're expecting top ups. Could be a while before this initial demand is satisfied.

Any sign of any at Schiphol?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyblack View Post
    Be difficult as seller has stated no refunds and both in the listing and description states its for a picture

Harsh lesson to learn in making sure you read through the description fully

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    On the basis of the false RRP in the title (it's not the RRP of the product for sale), that's enough for a not-as-described claim no problem. Not to mention as noted it's flagged as going through the authentication process as it's marked as a wristwatch, so would almost certainly get turned back then anyway.

Grand Master
    https://youtu.be/APuxF_jQC_w

Just look at the sadness, so tragic
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Anyone else notice how in some countries although everyone runs in a mad rush they still form an orderly line at the building line?
    I noticed this, lemmings but still retaining enough decorum to form a queue, bless em

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

Crazy, I’m really surprised that they have created such mania, it’s a Swatch …

Journeyman
    Generally, I think this is a great move by Swatch/Omega.

1. It has clearly highlighted the demand and popularity for a Speedy - but at a discounted price. Not everyone can afford an Omega - never mind a grey Rolex.

2. It has outlined that whacky colours go well with omega. Im sure this has got a lot of females buying what is normally regarded as a masculine watch.

3. If the number of Moonswatches sold to proper Moonwatches is greater than say 30:1, then it is probably very good business move.

4. Its a matter of time with the current economic climate, that people disposing of £5-8k on a lump of complicated brass and stainless steel (new or worn) will drop-off dramatically. (Japanese digital watch crisis in reverse).

Good luck to Omega/Swatch I say.

Add-on note.
    Bit of a nasty one I know.....but I hope the day comes when Patek and Rolex get a bit of their arrogance knocked out of them and they actually start to think that their customers are more important than their corporate importance. There said it.
    Last edited by Guycord; 27th March 2022 at 14:19.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guycord View Post
    Generally, I think this is a great move by Swatch/Omega.

1. It has clearly highlighted the demand and popularity for a Speedy - but at a discounted price. Not everyone can afford an Omega - never mind a grey Rolex.

2. It has outlined that whacky colours go well with omega. Im sure this has got a lot of females buying what is normally regarded as a masculine watch.

3. If the number of Moonswatches sold to proper Moonwatches is greater than say 30:1, then it is probably very good business move.

4. Its a matter of time with the current economic climate, that people disposing of £5-8k on a lump of complicated brass and stainless steel (new or worn) will drop-off dramatically. (Japanese digital watch crisis in reverse).

Good luck to Omega/Swatch I say

Playing devils advocate, what difference would it make to Swatch Group?

If their £1billion came in via any of their sub-brands (including the Swatch product line and other brands including Renata batteries, ETA, Blancpain, Breguet, Glashütte Original, Harry Winston, Omega, Longines, Tissot, Mido, Hamilton, Certina, and Rado) it doesn’t matter to them.

The short term market for a £207 Swatch I would suggest is WAY bigger than that for a £5000 Omega.

With simple economies of scale, it might cost £10 to make and 5 minutes to assemble a MoonSwatch and a mark up of £190 (swatch shop cuts out the middleman) but you can (hypothetically) make a million of them in a year, maybe on a fully automated production line with no watchmaker, hand finishing or metallurgist skills required, £190million theoretical profit.

A moonwatch might take 4 days to be made and needs a lot more precision engineering, say costs £1500 in materials and workmanship, ypu then supply to a middleman for £3k and he sells for £5k. Swatch group make £1500 per watch but can only make 5000 a year? £7.5mil theoretical profit.

Halve my numbers produced for the MoonSwatch and you are at £95mil

Double my numbers produced for the Moonwatch and you are at £15mil

All theoretical of course.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyblack View Post
    Be difficult as seller has stated no refunds and both in the listing and description states its for a picture

Harsh lesson to learn in making sure you read through the description fully

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Having read up on this, eBay are keen to pull these listings when they find them. There are instances where duped buyers have been refunded by Paypal.

Legally, I'm not sure about whether the contract would be valid on a scam like this. Is the picture sufficient consideration for £2000?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Having read up on this, eBay are keen to pull these listings when they find them. There are instances where duped buyers have been refunded by Paypal.

Legally, I'm not sure about whether the contract would be valid on a scam like this. Is the picture sufficient consideration for £2000?
    If it was an NFT for the image that would be a bargain

Ha ha…very true, didn’t think about that!

Master
    Just took delivery of Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch ”Dark Side of the Moon” but told her indoors it's just a cheap Moonswatch so no drama. Result!

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    I noticed this, lemmings but still retaining enough decorum to form a queue, bless em
    I was reflecting on this. Comment not aimed at anyone, just quoting for context.

Let's hypothetically say on release date you could flip a moonswatch for £500 profit, for arguments sake, and until the very late in the day that's actually £1,000 profit as people were supposed to be able to buy two.

Now forget about watches for a moment. There's essentially no different than a store advertising a free cash gift of £500-£1,000 to the first X customers. Is it really surprising or wrong that a bunch of people are pretty desperate to be in the first X customers then? At minimum wage you're looking 50-100+ hours of work to make that money, and that's assuming you even have access to full time paid work, so why wouldn't someone in that situation be willing to queue overnight and scramble to get there? This doesn't make them bad, dumb, or immoral people, they're just in a situation where this is a more sensible trade-off of time/money than working those extra 50-100 hours elsewhere.

Easy for us to aim our dislike at the scalpers, but frankly if people are willing to pay the premiums isn't it them driving this? Not the chap who's trying to get a few extra quid?

I would conclude by saying though, this is in relation who fairly attempted to get a moonswatch on day 1 (or any other hyped-up-and-hard-to-get product). I have zero empathy for the minority who tried intimidation, queue pushing etc.
    Last edited by M1011; 27th March 2022 at 15:01.

I would not ever run like that.

I’m not fit enough 🤣

NFT market is in the toilet now isn't it? Glad that scammers paradise is dying out...

I can’t wait till they come into stock , got my eye on a couple of colours. Perfect beater .

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    NFT market is in the toilet now isn't it? Glad that scammers paradise is dying out...

I struggled with the concept of bitcoin, but NFTs seem to be just "This is something I say is worth $20k - therefor it is" ?

You can call a submarine - an aeroplane.............. but it doesn't mean it will fly.

Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    I can’t wait till they come into stock , got my eye on a couple of colours. Perfect beater .
    Its not going to take much of a beating though is it, a plastic watch with a plastic crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    ...Easy for us to aim our dislike at the scalpers, but frankly if people are willing to pay the premiums isn't it them driving this? Not the chap who's trying to get a few extra quid?...
    Exactly.

If no-one is prepared to pay the inflated price, they're stuck with something.

It's the FOMO, instant gratification people with too much money and too few brain cells who are at fault here, not the people feeding the demand...

Not dissimilar to drug dealers - If you take away the demand, the supply will go away.

The dealers will probably move onto something else (Moonswatches presumably...), but it's rich, bored coke-heads who feed the business, not a farmer who happen to have a field of poppies...

I may pick one up sometimes, but I certainly didn't want one enough to queue up for one and most definitely NOT to pay a premium for one...

M
    Last edited by snowman; 27th March 2022 at 15:27.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Can't understand the mania around this watch. Do people think they are getting an Omega for 200 quid or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I take my wife to weatherspoons across the road.
    Even after her birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
    Can't understand the mania around this watch. Do people think they are getting an Omega for 200 quid or whatever?
    I suspect that is the case, someone paying £3000 on ebay must have some reason to spend that much money on a £200 plastic watch, why else would they pay that type of money for a watch that will shortly be selling for £207 and be freely available

Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    I’m the same. I personally think it’s a great marketing move.
    Mercury & Mars for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Exactly.

If no-one is prepared to pay the inflated price, they're stuck with something.

It's the FOMO, instant gratification people with too much money and too few brain cells who are at fault here, not the people feeding the demand...

Not dissimilar to drug dealers - If you take away the demand, the supply will go away.

The dealers will probably move onto something else (Moonswatches presumably...), but it's rich, bored coke-heads who feed the business, not a farmer who happen to have a field of poppies...

I may pick one up sometimes, but I certainly didn't want one enough to queue up for one and most definitely NOT to pay a premium for one...

M

The really clever flippers would be sticking them on EBay for £500 ish buy it now, selling quickly and cleanly then try to do it again next opportunity. No chance of being left with it.

There will be people out there who missed out yesterday or who can’t get to any of the shops without a substantial cost snapping their hands off…..

Quote Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
    Not exactly, but it looks like one, and it carries the Omega branding, and it’s from the same company that own Omega so that’s all that matters. Nobody’s buying a £200 watch expecting it to be the same quality of a £5k moonwatch, I can’t see what you don’t understand.

I think they priced it bang on, nearer a grand and people would think they’re getting a proper watch, £200 they’re under no illusion it’s anything other than a Swatch, and I want one, and so do my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Not exactly, but it looks like one, and it carries the Omega branding, and it’s from the same company that own Omega so that’s all that matters. Nobody’s buying a £200 watch expecting it to be the same quality of a £5k moonwatch, I can’t see what you don’t understand.

I think they priced it bang on, nearer a grand and people would think they’re getting a proper watch, £200 they’re under no illusion it’s anything other than a Swatch, and I want one, and so do my kids.
    Add the possibility for some of making a fast buck, well few hundred bucks and I reckon you've nailed it.

Journeyman
    All those ebay adverts trying to sell without actually having the watch all deleted now then i assume?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Well it was Swatch who bailed all of the above out churning out cheap quartz watches for kids to use on Ski holidays. I think people forget that there is a very small market for several thousand pound watches in comparison to ones that cost two hundred pounds.

Either way as you say, Swatch sells thousands of moonswatch, Swatch wins. Swatch sells thousands of Omega speedmaster, Swatch wins.
    Completely agree with this.
    Smart move by Swatch.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post

Was going to get one for my son, a clumsy teenager. Wear my Speedy at same time.

This chap is rather helpful on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-X-S...-127635-2958-0

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    This chap is rather helpful on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-X-S...-127635-2958-0
    He says that if you bid on his auction you'll be sent a paper clip.

But is it a limited edition paper clip!?
    Last edited by markrlondon; 27th March 2022 at 17:19.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    He says that if you bid on his auction you'll be sent a paper clip.

But is is a limited edition paper clip!?
    Did he read my comment about a limited edition Rolex paper clip?