closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega x Swatch

Journeyman
    Think its safe to say that the staff are getting them to peeps to sell on.

None anywhere in NYC.

Craftsman
    Was in Swatch in Hamburg at the weekend. They said they usually get 2-3 deliveries per week. Last week they got 5 and all gone within 2 hours. Not sure how many watches are in each delivery though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbuc View Post
    Was in Swatch in Hamburg at the weekend. They said they usually get 2-3 deliveries per week. Last week they got 5 and all gone within 2 hours. Not sure how many watches are in each delivery though.
    It is intriguing how strong demand has remained for these watches after the initial manic rush.

Quote Originally Posted by gregbuc View Post
    Gone to staff or their associates most likely, here in AMS they won’t tell you when a delivery is expected, if you call and they have one in they won’t hold it, so unless you live in Dam Square it really is the luck of the draw!

I popped in to the Athens boutique this morning, they got a delivery for release day and have had no more since, the manager said they were unlikely to get any more for while. She thinks they are supplying key markets first to keep up with demand.

On the plus side, just around the corner I found a watch makers supply store with movements, parts, tools and every Hirsch watch strap they make, hundreds of different types in every size. I also got to play with a few Hanhart models as they were a AD. Next door was an Anonimo AD with some of the older original models still in stock (some must have been over 10 years old and NOS). Athens is good for watch shopping, always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I popped in to the Athens boutique this morning, they got a delivery for release day and have had no more since, the manager said they were unlikely to get any more for while. She thinks they are supplying key markets first to keep up with demand.

On the plus side, just around the corner I found a watch makers supply store with movements, parts, tools and every Hirsch watch strap they make, hundreds of different types in every size. I also got to play with a few Hanhart models as they were a AD. Next door was an Anonimo AD with some of the older original models still in stock (some must have been over 10 years old and NOS). Athens is good for watch shopping, always has been.
    How much were the old Anonimos I wonder? I always liked some of the old ones.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post

Just looked on C24, loads for sale in Italy and Switzerland. Few in U.K. or USA and asking prices reflect this. There are more than ten times the number for sale in Italy than U.K. Unevenness of supply distribution? Italian buyers haven’t taken to them, whereas Brits can’t get enough?

According to the Swatch site there's 11 stores in Italy they're available through with only 3 in the UK, so that may be a factor. There was some kind of trouble at the Oxford Street store last week started by the persistent resellers who've been hanging out there daily and they're simply telling everyone there's no stock now for the time being, so in fact, less than 3 stores in the UK currently.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    There was some kind of trouble at the Oxford Street store last week started by the persistent resellers who've been hanging out there daily and they're simply telling everyone there's no stock now for the time being, so in fact, less than 3 stores in the UK currently.
    Very interesting.

And there's "*(Currently not sold at this location)" on the website next to the Carnaby Street store too. Wonder if it's the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
    How much were the old Anonimos I wonder? I always liked some of the old ones.
    I will pop in tomorrow and ask, will drop you a PM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Very interesting.

And there's "*(Currently not sold at this location)" on the website next to the Carnaby Street store too. Wonder if it's the same problem.

That happened a week or so after the launch. More restrictive space outside the shop there than the other two, and I gather some of the adjacent shops complained to the Council.

I'm overdue a trip to Athens and I'd also be delighted to have the address of that establishment (it might alleviate an otherwise drab GPDR audit).
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

There was a fight amongst the scalpers last week outside the Oxford Street shop while the Police were in attendance. According to one member of Swatch shop staff, Westminster council won’t allow the branch to sell the MoonSwatch at the moment. TBH I’d take anything the shop staff say with a pinch of salt though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Operation Grandslam View Post
    There was a fight amongst the scalpers last week outside the Oxford Street shop while the Police were in attendance. According to one member of Swatch shop staff, Westminster council won’t allow the branch to sell the MoonSwatch at the moment. TBH I’d take anything the shop staff say with a pinch of salt though.
    This has become bloody ridiculous.

As an aside, I note that all three London stores are within the City of Westminster. Looks like Swatch neglected to build in resilience of choice when they selected their stores for this watch in London. ;-)

Still queues outside Swatch in Tokyo, albeit not as wild as the first day. Maybe 50 people or so, pre-opening. No drama (it's Japan...)

The number of Moonswatches on Yahoo Auctions has fallen. I see BIN prices approaching £1000 (at current exchange rate) but actual bids seem to top out under £300. YA takes 8-10% of sales price, so it seems the game is nearly over for the scalpers here.

Apprentice
    I’m also in that bracket of it had been readily available in that first week I’d have bought one even via a boutique. Now however, the interest has waned especially noting the issues

I’ve lost interest now to be honest. I’d have bought at launch if they were online. Now I don’t think I’ll bother.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I’ve lost interest now to be honest. I’d have bought at launch if they were online. Now I don’t think I’ll bother.
    I might still pick up a Mars sometime, if I can find a used one below RRP.

I certainly wasn't going to join the frenzy, but then I don't believe in playing the games some watch manufacturers/ADs demand.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Operation Grandslam View Post
    I've spoken to Oxford Street staff on a number of occasions; they are selling them, but each delivery is between 50 and 100 watches, and they all sell out before lunch (not ideal for people hoping to pop out on their lunch break).

No surprise given London is the most populus city in Europe and currently only has two stores selling them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    4th May -- Had a quick look - now 90 under £500, cheapest is £388. Looks like people aren't paying big mark ups for a plastic watch
    11th May -- Now 144 under £500, cheapest is £360.

I can't imagine the flippers will survive long. Got to be pretty galling sat on your credit card bill not able to shift a bedroom full of plastic watches you don't want.

Craftsman
    I've spoken to Oxford Street staff on a number of occasions; they are selling them, but each delivery is between 50 and 100 watches, and they all sell out before lunch (not ideal for people hoping to pop out on their lunch break).

No surprise given London is the most populus city in Europe and currently only has two stores selling them.
    The people of Istanbul, Moscow and Paris might argue with you there, but the point is valid!
    Last edited by gregbuc; 11th May 2022 at 14:38. Reason: typo

Master

Athens Greece?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    11th May -- Now 144 under £500, cheapest is £360.

I can't imagine the flippers will survive long. Got to be pretty galling sat on your credit card bill not able to shift a bedroom full of plastic watches you don't want.
    Clever money would be offering at £399 or best offer and they’d all sell between £300-399 as there’s lots of people like me who’d have to spend £100+ to go and get one anyway!

I’ve been firing offers of £300 to every “best offer” MoonSwatch on eBay, and whereas I was getting blanked or £500+ am now getting counteroffers at £400+

I’d still happily pay £300, but no more (apart from maybe a bit more for a Mercury?!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Athens Greece?

Yes

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Clever money would be offering at £399 or best offer and they’d all sell between £300-399 as there’s lots of people like me who’d have to spend £100+ to go and get one anyway!

I’ve been firing offers of £300 to every “best offer” MoonSwatch on eBay, and whereas I was getting blanked or £500+ am now getting counteroffers at £400+

I’d still happily pay £300, but no more (apart from maybe a bit more for a Mercury?!)

Please do let us know when you finally manage to purchase one at around that price. Shouldn't be too long given the counter offers have started to come.

Master

Buy it at 400 and flip it on stockX for 600 😁

Craftsman

It would cost me about 25 quid to head in, and an amount of time, but I would put myself in the 300 and no more bracket as well. Just for the lack of faff to be honest.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VoleBoy View Post
    It would cost me about 25 quid to head in, and an amount of time, but I would put myself in the 300 and no more bracket as well. Just for the lack of faff to be honest.
    There really isnt much margin in this for people doing the flipping. It wont last.

The crystal is fused to the case!!!???
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl8sdAoOl_A
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    The crystal is fused to the case!!!???
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl8sdAoOl_A
    ZOMG!!!!!***!!!!!!

I wonder what the truth is?

I learnt many decades ago that most salesmen will say absolutely anything rather than admit they don't know the answer...

M
    Last edited by snowman; 12th May 2022 at 12:59.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Were the crystals replaceable in the traditional plastic Swatches?
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

There really isnt much margin in this for people doing the flipping. It wont last.
    Depends what world you live in. For many, queuing for a day to make £100 is more than they could ever hope to earn in the workplace.

100% interest lost in these now ..... the more I hear/read the less I'm even tempted to part with 200 odd quid, should they ever become available online that is

Quote Originally Posted by cf31bloobird View Post
    100% interest lost in these now ..... the more I hear/read the less I'm even tempted to part with 200 odd quid, should they ever become available online that is
    Couldn’t agree more. Happily I have the real deal in my speedy moon…oh and the mk 2 orange hands version as well !

Same here, lost interest with all the hype. I happened to be in Edinburgh on a night out the day before launch and had thought that if there wasn't a queue when I was heading home past the shop at 3am I might hang around for one. People already waiting so didn't bother. I'd had a few beers so decided food and bed was a better idea. Glad i left it now.

Craftsman
    They wouldn't be for me, they remind me of the old Toyota MR2's that lads used to dress up like a 335.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    They wouldn't be for me, they remind me of the old Toyota MR2's that lads used to dress up like a 335.
    It's more the Toyota iQ they rebadged as an Aston Martin Cygnus. I know it's a gimmick but want one anyway!

Master

I guess it’s new delivery day here in London. Madness.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Amazing this is still happening.

But then again I see that Mars ones are still going for £450 on eBay, so it's still worth it for the queuers.

Master
    Would love to know the ratio of idiot scalpers to people who actually want to own the watch.. my guess is about.... 49 scalpers to 1 actual punter..

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    ^^^ Amazing this is still happening.

But then again I see that Mars ones are still going for £450 on eBay, so it's still worth it for the queuers.
    Are they actually selling at those prices, I wonder?

Craftsman
    I'm passing through London in about 6 weeks. I am hoping it's perfect timing to pick one up with little/no queueing. Considering how long they've been out, and those queues, I don't think it will happen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
    Are they actually selling at those prices, I wonder?
    Yes! You can see the completed auctions.

Looking randomly at completed Moonswatch auctions (not differentiating between models): £510, £669, £420 (bargain!), £450, £440, £505, £461, £470, and so on.

That's just some of the completed auction listings from the last day or two, not taking into account BIN listings.

Offhand, it looks like the Sun model fetches the lowest prices.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 19th May 2022 at 10:36.

I'm down in London tomorrow and have a few hours to kill, don't even think there is any point in going to see if they have them.

Shame as I still fancy a Saturn.

All these folks claiming they have lost interest yet still monitoring and replying to the thread…

Just take some holidays, a camping chair, and get down to the high street for some fresh air and a long queue - you might get lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Would love to know the ratio of idiot scalpers to people who actually want to own the watch.. my guess is about.... 49 scalpers to 1 actual punter..
    Why are they idiots? Many will be struggling to make ends meet, making £200 for a few hours queuing could radically alter their whole month. Difference between heating and eating for many I'd bet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Why are they idiots? Many will be struggling to make ends meet, making £200 for a few hours queuing could radically alter their whole month. Difference between heating and eating for many I'd bet.
    If that is genuinely the case then fair enough.. it’s entrepreneurial I suppose. I am willing to bet a large proportion of them though are serial scalpers and folks who have more cash than most of us who just do actual jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    If it's that a dire situation in the house I would imagine the majority wouldn't shell out 200 quid in the hope that they can turn it into 400 quid ... assuming it sells

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    I am willing to bet a large proportion of them though are serial scalpers and folks who have more cash than most of us who just do actual jobs.
    Hmm, don't know how you would know that, you'll be right about some of them of course. But if I had a job I wouldn't have time to queue, and conversely if I didn't need the money I wouldn't bother queuing if I were one of them. So for me, that leaves mainly people who have neither.

Quote Originally Posted by cf31bloobird View Post
    If it's that a dire situation in the house I would imagine the majority wouldn't shell out 200 quid in the hope that they can turn it into 400 quid ... assuming it sells
    They all are selling looking at ebay. Quick payday loan or a few mates clubbing together. People who need to, find a way.
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 18th May 2022 at 22:40.