closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 23mm Bronze deployment strap

Craftsman

Question 23mm Bronze deployment strap

Hi all,

I recently bought a Black Bay Bronze Bucherer, it came with two original straps but unfortunately I am not getting on with them. Annoyingly the lug width is an oddball size at 23mm.

I have a 23mm strap with bronze clasp in my cart on Erikas site. However, was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a decent leather with a bronze deployment clasp? I do not want a buckle as I always seem to be between holes on straps so a deployment works better for me.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

J
    Last edited by Cypjon; 23rd March 2022 at 11:46. Reason: Typo

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypjon View Post
    Hi all,

I recently bought a Black Bay Bronze Bucherer, it came with two original straps but unfortunately I am not getting on with them. Annoyingly the lug width is an oddball size at 23mm.

I have a 23mm strap with bronze clasp in my cart on Erikas site. However, was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a decent leather with a bronze deployment clasp? I do not want a buckle as I always seem to be between holes on straps so a deployment works better for me.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

J
    I too have a Black Bay Bronze Bucherer (wearing mine this week) - I've lost the fabric & leather straps (and the box!) that it came with (interested in selling one or other or both of your straps? PM me!) but now wear it on a 23mm blue leather strap from Bulang & Sons. Unfortunately for your requirements, it's a buckle rather than a deployant / deployment clasp.

As you say, it's luck of the draw as to whether the pre-punched holes fit your wrist perfectly. When I first received the strap, it was 100% fine but I lost some weight during the pandemic and now it's ever so slightly loose even going one hole tighter than previously.

It's a nice strap all-in-all and Bulang always give my Instagram posts a like when I tag them in photos of this watch!

No affiliation: https://bulangandsons.com/collection...er-watch-strap (other colours too, but the blue is a great match for this watch)

Journeyman
    https://www.tedsustraps.com/waterpro...ap-dive-buckle

24mm but may be able to shoe-horn onto your watch; bronze "dive" buckle looks like it has some micro-adjustment.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hbr245b View Post
    I too have a Black Bay Bronze Bucherer (wearing mine this week) - I've lost the fabric & leather straps (and the box!) that it came with (interested in selling one or other or both of your straps? PM me!) but now wear it on a 23mm blue leather strap from Bulang & Sons. Unfortunately for your requirements, it's a buckle rather than a deployant / deployment clasp.

As you say, it's luck of the draw as to whether the pre-punched holes fit your wrist perfectly. When I first received the strap, it was 100% fine but I lost some weight during the pandemic and now it's ever so slightly loose even going one hole tighter than previously.

It's a nice strap all-in-all and Bulang always give my Instagram posts a like when I tag them in photos of this watch!

No affiliation: https://bulangandsons.com/collection...er-watch-strap (other colours too, but the blue is a great match for this watch)
    Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Many thanks for your suggestions, I've gone for an Erika 23 with bronze clasp for now. I also going to look at a 24mm and maybe shave .25mm either side for ease of fitting.

Unlucky about your original strap and boxes, unfortunately I'm keeping mine just in case I ever do sell it.

I'll grab a look at the Bulang one that you suggested too.

Thanks again and all the best,

Jon

I’ve not seen a bronze deployant, I have bronze & brass buckles fitted to a couple of 24mm leather straps but I mostly wear a Nick Mankey strap with bronze hardwear which I prefer to the original nato and my Erica strap.

I was just debating whether to give the case a bit of a clean and remove the patina…