closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omega swatch

I think these are brilliant and would definitely be getting one if there was a Swatch shop remotely close to me, but there isn't so rules me out.

Really like at least half and they're a great bit if colourful fun at very affordable price. What isn't too like?

Master
    Love these and trying to call Covent Garden with no joy. I think its a great idea that has been superbly executed. The shops that will sell them have probably never been so busy!
    Last edited by Stuno1; 24th March 2022 at 11:06.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Love these and trying to call Covent Garden with no joy. I think its a great idea that has been superbly executed. The shops that will sell them have probably never been so busy!
    The queues are probably forming already!

Craftsman
    The fakes are being made as we talk ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post

Really like at least half and they're a great bit if colourful fun at very affordable price. What isn't too like?
    The hype train. It's definitely a fun watch but it'll feel a lot less fun having to buy online from someone who bought it to flip. Let's hope supply will meet demand for once, not that I'll be buying I don't think. Guess it'll be fun for a bit but I can think of better uses for £200, like a thimble of petrol

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomaitch View Post
    The fakes are being made as we talk ...
    And the fakes will probably be made from more expensive material...

The madness has started…
    Just search moon swatch on eBay

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wall View Post
    The madness has started…
    Just search moon swatch on eBay
    Blimey, one at over £700 already.

You missed the £30,100 one then!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

No surprise, I was expecting to see them on the various platforms for 4x there RRP by Saturday afternoon.

How have people got hold of them already or know they will be able to?

Do Swatch have a list?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    How have people got hold of them already or know they will be able to?

Do Swatch have a list?
    Presumably they haven't - They'll just pull the sale if they can't get one.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    You missed the £30,100 one then!

M
    £40k now!

I’ve just popped into the Oxford St boutique as it’s on my way to my meeting. Just needed to hop off the tube at Oxford Circus. They have the case with all models in just inside the door. Couple of security guards and a very helpful shop staff member. I tried to convince her to sell me one today but it’s strictly a Saturday launch. They expect to sell out on the day. She said the interest this morning has been phenomenal. Very well briefed too. We talked about the style cues from different Speedie models. Alaska and Ultraman handsets etc
    We agreed that Moon, Mercury and Mars are the stand out models although they do all look great. Blue and green especially so.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I'm heading into town to meet a fellow tz-er on saturday. Will get there 1st thing and probably hit all 3 stores if possible. I'd actually like to buy the full set in the briefcase but apparently that's not possible

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    I’ve just popped into the Oxford St boutique as it’s on my way to my meeting. Just needed to hop off the tube at Oxford Circus. They have the case with all models in just inside the door. Couple of security guards and a very helpful shop staff member. I tried to convince her to sell me one today but it’s strictly a Saturday launch. They expect to sell out on the day. She said the interest this morning has been phenomenal. Very well briefed too. We talked about the style cues from different Speedie models. Alaska and Ultraman handsets etc
    We agreed that Moon, Mercury and Mars are the stand out models although they do all look great. Blue and green especially so.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yes I imagine all will be sold out by midday unless they have 10's thousands in store. I know of 2 people that intend to queue up from the early hours as they expect there to be a lengthy queue.

Omega swatch

For those of us not close to London or Edinburgh it looks a tricky thing to buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And here’s the list where you can start queuing for

These are a bit of fun. Wouldn't queue up or go out of my way to purchase one though....

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Are they in stores Saturday?
    London and Edinburgh boutique Swatch stores. First come, first served on Saturday morning at 9am. They will sell out quickly but the good news is, they are manufacturing a lot more.

Craftsman
    I like these, they look fun. I've already got a Speedy, but for the price I'd take a Mission to Mars.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    London and Edinburgh boutique Swatch stores. First come, first served on Saturday morning at 9am. They will sell out quickly but the good news is, they are manufacturing a lot more.
    Ah thats good. Im in Ed over the weekend but not at 9am.
    Ive been trying to bribe a mate to go for me but she said she doesn't get out of bed for less than 500 quid.
    The absolute cow.

Ive been trying to bribe a mate to go for me but she said she doesn't get out of bed for less than 500 quid.
    The absolute cow.
    Lol.

Your mate would have to camp out now for Saturday morning. A tent, flask, sannie's and something to pee in need readied.

Had an email from Oxford Street, limited to two per person, no reservations possible. One has to hope there may be later online orders

D

I see from UGWC people have now been able to see them in the store. Comments include "they are quite plasticky"...not sure what people expect. Considering the Bulova Moonwatch is the same price, I think I'd go for that.

Journeyman
    Official Swatch Instagram page has commented that they will be available online at a later date.

I’m not going out of my way to get to London, and I’m certainly not paying scalper prices. I’ll happy sit and wait a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I see from UGWC people have now been able to see them in the store. Comments include "they are quite plasticky"...not sure what people expect. Considering the Bulova Moonwatch is the same price, I think I'd go for that.
    The Bulova is a proper watch and so nicely put together. It's a no brainer.

The absolute cow.
    I’m trying to get my wife to queue up with me for an extra two but her demands in return are quite strong. We’ll see.

Craftsman
    Someone @ Swatch told me that these will be available online via Swatch website at some point

Here is confirmation on that!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by donkertraz View Post
    I’m not going out of my way to get to London, and I’m certainly not paying scalper prices. I’ll happy sit and wait a little.
    That's two of us then.
    Torn between the 'sensible' Moon or the more 'fun' Mars, but will wait until I'm next in London anyway, but it's not something that happens that regularly, or when they hit the other stores, would need to feel the 'plasticyness' before buying so wouldn't do mail order, but I wear a G-Shock most days, how much more plasticy can they be?

Master
    I just dropped by the Oxford Street store. There is absolutely no way anyone is getting one unless you queue up early. Way too much hype around this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    I just dropped by the Oxford Street store. There is absolutely no way anyone is getting one unless you queue up early. Way too much hype around this.
    As has been said these will be going into full production from the sounds of things and won't be limited. So I guess anyone who wants one, should just let the scalpers sucker in the fools who are keen to waste their money and wait until more general availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post
    Someone @ Swatch told me that these will be available online via Swatch website at some point
    This hints to a larger production run than scalpers would have hoped for

Stepdaughter is heading up to London to buy a couple for herself/friends........all 3 of those London stores open at 10am, not 9am. But I expect these to all be sold out in moments either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Stepdaughter is heading up to London to buy a couple for herself/friends........all 3 of those London stores open at 10am, not 9am. But I expect these to all be sold out in moments either way.
    Maybe they are opening earlier as someone I know who works for Swatch Group mentioned 9am? I do know that Edinburgh will be opening at 9am on Saturday.

Master
    Some already on eBay for £50k!!

A mates just been offered the set for £10k

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Cool

Maybe they are opening earlier as someone I know who works for Swatch Group mentioned 9am? I do know that Edinburgh will be opening at 9am on Saturday.

Thanks, I'll let her know.

Already told her it'll be a mad bun fight either way!!

Craftsman
    I just can’t equate the price of the watch (£200) with what I’m seeing (a speedy!) . Not sure if it’s either a masterstroke from omega or the opposite!

Two of my mates went into Covent today and were told 9am and to ignore the website. I’ve tried to call to double check but their phone is off the hook.

Also this pic is hilarious. Think I’m going to sit this one out and just pick one up online in due course.

Master
    My son told me (dunno where he got this from) that there will be 60 of each colourway per store and that they expect people to camp out for them. So basically f that and you probably have little chance of getting one of these first units.

Here is the translated response from the Berlin swatch store

Dear customer,

Thank you for your interest!

The watches will be sold here in the store from Saturday, 10 a.m. First come, first served!

Two models may be purchased per customer, but not twice the same model.

A pre-reservation is not possible.

A subsequent delivery at a later date is planned.

Best regards

Your Swatch Team Kurfürstendamm

So these people are in for a rude awakening!

Master
    Camping out for a £200 watch. Mental. I’m in taaaan again on the 16th so will pop in and try my luck then.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    My son told me (dunno where he got this from) that there will be 60 of each colourway per store and that they expect people to camp out for them. So basically f that and you probably have little chance of getting one of these first units.

60 of each is nothing stock wise for this launch..........bet they will be all gone by 9.04am if that is correct.

I'll tell her to not bother going to London.

Master
    60 of each is nothing stock wise for this launch..........bet they will be all gone by 9.04am if that is correct.

I'll tell her to not bother going to London.
    The answer as to why he knew this is one his work mates went to one of the London stores today and that is what he was told by them

Well that is still 660 watches in each store, if 60 watches are available of each of the 11 models.

3 stores in London means that there are 1,980 watches available. Even if everyone buys their allotted 2 watches that still means 990 people will be able to get a couple of watches!

I think there is a good chance if you arrive around opening time you will be able to get one!

These are not limited edition or production and you'll be able to buy them online in a few weeks. No need to panic. Calm down dear :-)

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    These are not limited edition or production and you'll be able to buy them online in a few weeks. No need to panic. Calm down dear :-)

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    This. Online has been confirmed

We are a peculiar species

Will be in Geneva Town on Saturday so will see what they look like in the flesh.
    Wife (who is not normally interested in such things) expressed some intent to purchase the Saturn.