closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Decent boozer with food, Central London. Advice sought.

Decent boozer with food, Central London. Advice sought.

Going down there tomorrow to see my daughter get called to The Bar at Inner Temple. Pretty momentous occasion. Weather forecast is good so we'd like a decent pub that does good food, in and around the Temple area. Prefer to sit outside.

I don't know London at all. Can anyone recommend anywhere, please?

Master
    There doesn't tend to be much outside space for pubs around there short of standing outside which you might not want to do. I guess the Cheshire Cheese is a fairly famous place. The Old Bank of England. Bit further away The Blackfriar which last I was around there you could sit outside though it is again pretty much roadside. I'd book a table if you want to eat though at any of them.

Master

Congratulations on her achievement.

Lots of places will be a bit hussle bustle and tired as the city is not back up to full speed yet.

There is a resturant in the temple which she may be able to take you into as that’s quite special.

Personally, I’d go to the Tattersall Castle boat on the Thames and watch the world go buy with a beer. If you want a celebratory meal cross the Thames for the OXO.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 22nd March 2022 at 14:50. Reason: I’m sure I’m dyslexic

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post

Personally I’d go to the tattersall castle boat on the Thames and watch the world go buy with a beer. If you want a celebratory meal cross the Thames for the OXO.
    This is good shout.
    Pubs in the City or West End don’t tend to have much outdoor space.
    The Tattersall is in a great spot and pretty unique. Plenty of restaurants close by.

Not a pub but Radio Rooftop on The Strand might do the trick for you if you want outside.

Grand Master
    Enjoyed this place a couple of weeks ago, good fish pie and the real ales were all spot on
    https://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/res...moorgatelondon
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Thanks all. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Congratulations on her achievement.

Lots of places will be a bit hussle bustle and tired as the city is not back up to full speed yet.

There is a resturant in the temple which she may be able to take you into as that’s quite special.

Personally, I’d go to the Tattersall Castle boat on the Thames and watch the world go buy with a beer. If you want a celebratory meal cross the Thames for the OXO.
    Thank you. She looks about 12 in her wig. Tiny dot of a lady. Worked so hard for it. Watching her at City games...slightly less formal.

The Edgar Wallace and the Seven Stars get my vote as the best pubs (in the proper pub sense) in that small area, but I've not eaten anything other than chips at either and also the outdoor space will be an issue.

There's a Gaucho's nearby? But I don't think any outside space...

Pie room at Holborn Dining Rooms!

Not really a pub but how about two reasonably close options. Either:

https://aviarylondon.com/

or

https://www.foundersarms.co.uk/ Outdoor seating, great views over the Thames but not a garden.

The Tattershall Castle is ok and a good place for drinks but I don't recall the food being anything special. That said, it's a couple of years since I've been there.

Master
    Quick afterthought.. you would be a few min walk from Covent Garden lots of choice there and if you want indulgent your daughter maybe a cocktail at the Savoy.

Master
    El Vino, Rumpole's favoured watering hole, is a two minute walk from the Inner Temple. Ironically also famous for not serving women until 1982. Food isn't bad, but a wine bar rather than a pub and no out door space.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    El Vino, Rumpole's favoured watering hole, is a two minute walk from the Inner Temple. Ironically also famous for not serving women until 1982. Food isn't bad, but a wine bar rather than a pub and no out door space.
    Be careful of distraction pickpockets, aggressive begging and handbag thieves here.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 23rd March 2022 at 11:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow View Post
    Pie room at Holborn Dining Rooms!
    That's where we ended up. Expensive but superb. Had a few jars in the Black Friar, basking in the sun on the outdoor seats.