closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pelogos service

Pelogos service

My Tudor date Jammed a few weeks ago so I took it to a local watchmaker.
    He had a look and told what was wrong. Easy fix if he can get the parts.
    Unfortunately after 3 weeks he was not able to get the parts from his suppliers.

I then took the watch to a local AD.
    They visually inspected the watch and quoted for a service. A few days later I had another quote via text explaining my options. Full service and glass £390. (I wasn't aware there was an issue with the glass.
    Or service with glass and bezel. Again I thought the bezel was ok and nothing was said at the AD.

I agreed the service and glass. The AD replied "Thank you I have proceded with the repair.
    Please note. Tudor has advised they are not able to offer a refurbishment of your watch.
    They have also stated anymore damage occurs to the case from soldering it will become mandatory to replace the case at the next service as they would be unable to remove them."

There is a tiny spot on the case side from welding. But to make it mandatory sounds a little harsh. It doesn't affect how the watch works. Plus I thought these were tool watches.
    Plus why offer a full service and get it agreed then refuse to do a refurb part of the service.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to get all the details in there.
    Last edited by scrog10; 16th March 2022 at 18:45.

Quote Originally Posted by scrog10 View Post
    My Tudor date James a few weeks ago. I took it to a local watchmaker.
    He had a look and told what was wrong. Easy fix if he can get the parts.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I've not started naming my watches yet, only my cars, but give it time ... Keep us posted OP.

I never understand how this works. Isn’t it like taking your car in for a service and they insist on mending the dent in the door at your expense (which you haven’t asked them to fix as you don’t care) when it’s your property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pelogos update

Picked up my Pelogos from service after waiting 3 and half months.
    I was expecting to see a damaged bezel as their txt stated the bezel is dented with scratched insert and the glass was chipped and cracked.
    I agreed to the glass as I had no option. I declined the new bezel at £350.

On inspection at the AD I asked why they quoted for a new bezel when it's obvious there is no damage. He said he did not understand either.
    I also suspect there wasn't any wrong the £150 glass.
    I think I've been had paying £390 for non refurbished watch.
    The watch is working now so that's good and I got a small card Rolex box and a felt Tudor pouch that looks nice. But I can't help feeling I've been charged for a glass I didn't need.

Blog Entries
    From reading other threads, it would seem that you're not the first person to wonder this about Rolexs and Tudors sent in for repair.

Best watch brand in the world.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.