closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smiths PRS-60 Commander, is it too similar to a Tudor BB58?

Smiths PRS-60 Commander, is it too similar to a Tudor BB58?

The Smiths PRS-60 Commander has to be for me the best watch Timefactors has produced and I really do like mine, however after adding a Tudor BB58 black dial to my small collection I’m now thinking the Smiths is too similar to keep.

Debating whether to sell it or keep it knowing that on a nighttime if I was going somewhere nice I would most likely wear the BB58.

Is it too similar?

Last edited by Martylaa; 29th December 2022 at 20:19.

Master
    Well the Tudor seems to do exactly the same job (non-date diver with oyster bracelet) in a very similar style, so I'd say yes. One or the other would be surplus to requirements, for me anyway.

Master
    If you love the Smiths then I'd not add the BB58. They look very similar but the BB58 is a step up in quality and I found it more comfortable and better proportioned. The extra height of the Smiths was noticeable to me.
    Basically I think you'll end up not liking the Smiths as much after. Would you consider the blue dial?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Similar yes.....Tudor better.

Smiths PRS-60 Commander, is it too similar to a Tudor BB58?

Think I’ll move the Smiths onto SC as it’s too similar and I love the BB58, it’s the perfect watch.

As great a watch as the PRS-60 is I’m not going to wear it as much as the Tudor tbh.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Too similar … both good but very different price points. Select you preference and sell the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Too similar … both good but very different price points. Select you preference and sell the other.
    Yeah, it was never about the prices of either tbh but they are just too similar to have in my small collection, so I’ll move the Smiths on and let someone else enjoy the watch (and what a watch it is for the price).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    to me they are totally different watches!

Id use the Smiths on a more day to day basis and deffo as a holiday watch at the pool or sea. Then the Tudor when I wanted to be a bit dressier. Keep them both!!

shift the 58 - why anyone tolerates that pug fugly tudor hour hand is beyond me!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaddes View Post
    shift the 58 - why anyone tolerates that pug fugly tudor hour hand is beyond me!
    I'm afraid I have to agree, that design really grates for me. Not a big fan of so much text on the dial either, so I'd be keeping the Commander.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

No

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I bought a BB58 in April and haven’t really worn anything else since. Even though I have large wrists it’s just so easy to wear - dresses up or down and the timekeeping on mine is spot on. I set it when the clocks changed and it’s now 2 seconds fast!
    Having owned a Sub 5513 and a 14060M from new - when they were £1500 - I genuinely think it’s the modern version but with a better bracelet and a fantastic movement, and still just about cheap enough as a daily wearer. Never had an issue with the hour hand or the text on the dial, it’s supremely legible. The Smiths looks good but a bit smaller and not keen on the shiny bezel. I’d totally agree they are very similar - I’ve thought of adding a blue 58 which at least has a different character!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    to me they are totally different watches!

Id use the Smiths on a more day to day basis and deffo as a holiday watch at the pool or sea. Then the Tudor when I wanted to be a bit dressier. Keep them both!!
    That’s not a bad shout as thats my intention with the BB58, keep it for a night out or going somewhere special with the good lady.

Only kept my Commander for a week, the gloss dial was a bit too much as was the gloss overly fussy bezel, that said it was certainly great value.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.