closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TIMEFACTORS INSTAGRAM PAGE HACKED - NOW RESTORED

TIMEFACTORS INSTAGRAM PAGE HACKED - NOW RESTORED

The Time Factors Instagram page has bee hacked by Moldovan hackers. They're using all the images that the official Time Factors page used, changed the password and added Bitcoin scams. One person has reported that they're also offering to supply Timefactors watches direct from the Instagram page.

Instagram has been less than helpful.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries
    Good luck with sorting it out.

Make sure your facebook account is safe too.

Change the password to something new and add multifactor authentication.

Check your email logs to see if any unauthorised access there.

Journeyman
    I can confirm that they are trying to scam others through this stolen account. I received this message: "Can I send you a link you screenshot and send it back to me it’s for my IG?" If you would agree and click the link, you will lose the control over (not any more) your account. So don't reply to them, do nit click on any link provided and turn on multifactor authentication!

Just sent you an email about this.

I got the same the same message and then the SMS link. Didn’t click. It’s a confirmed scam:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/05/1...nto-instagram/

Good luck getting the account back, Eddie!

Quote Originally Posted by hondzax View Post
    I can confirm that they are trying to scam others through this stolen account. I received this message: "Can I send you a link you screenshot and send it back to me it’s for my IG?" If you would agree and click the link, you will lose the control over (not any more) your account. So don't reply to them, do nit click on any link provided and turn on multifactor authentication!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the warnings, and good luck sorting it Eddie.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

My Mrs had her Instagram page hacked last year - Instagram were absolutely no use whatsoever and had zero interest in sorting it out.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    My Mrs had her Instagram page hacked last year - Instagram were absolutely no use whatsoever and had zero interest in sorting it out.
    My experience too.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

You need this like a hole in the bollock. Hope you get it sorted.

My nephew had been exchanging messages with one of our Instagram followers, just chatting about watches. An hour later, he received a request, supposedly from the same person, asking him to take a screenshot and sent it to him. Not suspecting anything suspicious, he did and then we were hacked. Since then, the hackers have been messaging our followers asking them to take screenshots and also offering to sell my watches directly. Undoubtedly some of our followere will send screenshots and then their accounts will be hacked and their followers will also be hacked. This has the potential to be a massive attack and Instagram don't appear to care.

Eddie

Yes Eddie ...i did send a message and it replied to me ..it is not hacked
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    The Time Factors Instagram page has bee hacked by Moldovan hackers. They're using all the images that the official Time Factors page used, changed the password and added Bitcoin scams. One person has reported that they're also offering to supply Timefactors watches direct from the Instagram page.

Instagram has been less than helpful.

Eddie
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    This has the potential to be a massive attack and Instagram don't appear to care.
    I suspect that it is already a massive and very widespread attack.

Either Instagram have become blasé about it or they are overwhelmed with how much it is happening and can't cope.

My nephew had been exchanging messages with one of our Instagram followers, just chatting about watches. An hour later, he received a request, supposedly from the same person, asking him to take a screenshot and sent it to him. Not suspecting anything suspicious, he did and then we were hacked. Since then, the hackers have been messaging our followers asking them to take screenshots and also offering to sell my watches directly. Undoubtedly some of our followere will send screenshots and then their accounts will be hacked and their followers will also be hacked. This has the potential to be a massive attack and Instagram don't appear to care.

Eddie
    How does a screenshot hack work?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    How does a screenshot hack work?
    I understand that the message includes a link that purports to be the reply-to link.

When clicked, the link grabs account details allowing the hacker to gain control of the account.

2FA is (theoretically) the cure.

I understand that a similar technique has been used a great deal recently to relieve people of their Youtube channels.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I understand that the message includes a link that purports to be the reply-to link.

When clicked, the link grabs account details allowing the hacker to gain control of the account.

2FA is (theoretically) the cure.

I understand that a similar technique has been used a great deal recently to relieve people of their Youtube channels.
    Thanks, assumed the screenshot itself was somehow useful to the hacker. I never use Instagram but seemed unlikely!

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I suspect that it is already a massive and very widespread attack.

Either Instagram have become blasé about it or they are overwhelmed with how much it is happening and can't cope.
    No, they are virtually uncontactable in any meaningful way and they could not care less.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Hi guys,
    On a similar note, what's with precista_swiss_made ig account?
    Links back to precista.com that redirects to TF but the watches it shows are non TF...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    Hi guys,
    On a similar note, what's with precista_swiss_made ig account?
    Links back to precista.com that redirects to TF but the watches it shows are non TF...

If you type www.precista.com into your address bar it redirects to the timefactors Precista page.

Eddie

If you type www.precista.com into your address bar it redirects to the timefactors Precista page.

Eddie
    I did notice that. That's what was odd, made me wonder if the insta account was legit. Were it otherwise it should not be allowed to boast someone else's homepage. I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    I did notice that. That's what was odd, made me wonder if the insta account was legit. Were it otherwise it should not be allowed to boast someone else's homepage. I'm confused.

You may recall that a Swiss guy registered Precista as a trademark around 2011 and that's his Instagram page. It hasn't been active since 2014.

Eddie