closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Playing around with the Lange 1 Blue Dial

Master

Playing around with the Lange 1 Blue Dial

Just sharing some photos I took of my Lange 1 the other day. Just a stunning watch overall. There was a discussion recently about whether Lange dethrones Patek on another forum and I found that interesting. My view is that whilst that time is still some time away for that to happen, Lange are particularly strong in the mid range complication level, in particular the level of finishing is very strong. I hope Lange can introduce some new case shapes for example and diversify their line up.

Reference: Lange 1 191.028 (White Gold Blue Dial).

Camera: Leica SL2-S w/ Sigma 105mm Macro Lens.

My Instagram: tokyo_watch_guy

Craftsman
    Thanks for sharing....i think the movement finishing and style are second behind FP Journe only they're simply epic! Would love to own one!

The finishing is definitely better than PP, but like PP, I can hardly find a watch in the range that I like the look of. Too busy focusing on the trees and not looking at the woods, if you ask me.

Master
    Big fan of the Lange 1 blue, congrats. I have no doubt Lange is on a higher finishing level than PP having handled many of both. I think this is pretty well known within watch circles for a while now.

Aside from handling the watches to compare finishing, the basic arithmetic would support Lange has greater attention to detail. Lange employs 770 and makes around 5,000 watches a year whilst PP employ 1,600 but makes 50,000 watches a year.

PP will always win on brand name, recognition, value retention and is the first haute horology brand of choice for most. Design is subjective, PP has much more feminine curves in general while Lange has a more Teutonic masculine style.

My Lange 1 Timezone.