closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Black bay 925

Master
    Blog Entries

Black bay 925

Not sure I want a silver case or display caseback, however the grey dial and bezel is really nice in the metal. Looks great on the nato.

Does anyone have one, how is the patina on the case?

Craftsman
    I tried one on at Xmas and really liked it. But it was on the leather strap which in the flesh I wasn’t that fond of. I like leather straps but it felt a bit mehh to me. So i tried the blue dial one on the NATO which i preferred but not by much if I’m honest. And I don’t love those rivets on the stainless steel bracelets either! So being frank - and it sounds kind of crazy saying it - the thing that honestly put me off the BB58s were actually the straps….

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Because it was brand new there was no patina. But my YouTube surfing on that matter also dissuaded me somewhat I’m afraid. If it stayed looking as sharp as it looked new it was really a fantastic looking piece the 925.

Quote Originally Posted by rgwarden View Post
    Because it was brand new there was no patina. But my YouTube surfing on that matter also dissuaded me somewhat I’m afraid. If it stayed looking as sharp as it looked new it was really a fantastic looking piece the 925.

If you frequently wear it there will be no problem with tarnish and even if it does a quick wipe with a cloth will get rid of it.

Master
    Blog Entries

Black bay 925

I agree the leather option isn’t the best. Looked great on the nato, but odd to have a display back that you can’t see though with nato in place.

I keep thinking it would be great in SS, I seem to flip every Tudor I buy though once the novelty has worn off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Middo; 14th March 2022 at 20:00.

A good friend has one and brought it round for me to look at. I’d definitely have one, but picked up the Ceramic first to scratch that itch. Maybe I’ll go for the silver later. The leather straps are just too short for me and I can’t get comfortable with their clasps, so I’ll be looking for an alternate strap option to replace the NATO I’m wearing mine on.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I've got one waiting for me this week at the AD.

Haven't seen one in real life so not 100% sure I'm going to take it but I love the look in photos.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

I'm still convinced the display back was a cost saving exercise for the PM models. That said, doesn't do much harm I guess, although I seem to recall it made the watch a tad thicker. I'd be alright with it on the silver model, but if I was paying the premium they're asking for a gold black bay 58 on a nato, I'd be pretty annoyed to find no gold case back.

Craftsman
    For a similar look I'd recommend the Rado Captain Cook Ghost edition. It's not silver do you don't have to worry about tarnishing and it's cheaper too

Master
    Blog Entries

Black bay 925

Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    For a similar look I'd recommend the Rado Captain Cook Ghost edition. It's not silver do you don't have to worry about tarnishing and it's cheaper too
    I don’t mind the cpt cook.

925 is still in the window, salesman seems open to a further deal too. Pity timing is bad for me.

Nice though and worth a look in the the metal.
    Last edited by Middo; 15th March 2022 at 22:14.

Master
    Went to see the watch today. Absolutely beautiful. Looked so good on the Nato.

Tried to try both the leather and Nato on but the straps were far too short. Couldn't even get the natos ends to touch around my wrist!

The case was too small anyway for me too if I'm honest. Silver looked great in person.

For anyone without weird sized wrists it would be amazing.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Pity, the case size didn’t work for you

Master
    100%. If I was ok with the case size I would have just put it on a Nato strap but it just looked a little odd.

Bark and Jack look like they have one which will would have worked.

I'm a bit puzzled what to get now. I want an everyday wearer. I tried on a Speedmaster among others while I was there but found the bracelet really strange as it tapered so much.

Apparently the older model had a wider bracelet?

How big is your wrist, if the BB is too small?

I tried on the new Submariners yesterday, and they did look small ish on my wrist (approx. 8 inch), but I’ve used to wearing larger watches most days - Sky-Dweller, Proplof, Panerai, or a chunky diver. That said I’ve been wearing my old 14060 Sub, and a BB58 and the newer BB ceramic too lately, and all felt fine on the wrist - I’d happily wear any of them.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I've not measured it.

My Skydweller has all the links in and leaves a mark on my arm when I wear it.

I've not had a 40mm watch for a while always felt Subs and GMT's looked a little small when I owned them. I do have a Day Date 40 hopefully coming in June though. I tried one of them on a little while ago and it just felt right, Maybe to do with the bling factor or weight.

The best fitting watch I have had is a YM2. I've done the Deepsea thing too and I love them but I kept bashing them on things due to how far it protruded off the top of my wrist.

I really want a stainless watch without polished centre links that I can work for work without worrying about damaging it but also clients don't think I'm taking the piss.

It needs to be something that makes me feel good when I put it on in the morning too though otherwise I would just wear my Garmin.

I digress anyway. The BB 58 925 is an incredible looking watch, I'm trying to convince my mate to buy it but he's never had anything but Rolex and a couple of IWC.

Bigweb, it almost sounds like you’re describing an 42mm Explorer II.

I know what you mean re clients and perception. Weirdly I’m tempted to daily my YM42 as I don’t think anyone will know what it is. Sub ND 41 works too on my hog wrists and the absence of a cyclops makes it to more unnoticed than you would think.

I’ve bought probably eight Tudors to wear for work so far while hunting a nice watch which won’t be seen as flaunting. None of them ticked that box really but the Pelagos came very close. If there is an update to the Pelagos line in a few weeks I’ll dive back in for another.

Master
    My first Rolex was the old 40mm Exp2 Polar. Never tried the newer model.

My first "nice" watch was the Tudor heritage Chrono I loved the look of it and have come close to buying a vintage one since. The non quick set date drove me crazy though.

I've had a couple of the original ETA Black Bays too on Natos. Never fully bonded with them, although they probably should be the perfect under the radar watch.

I wore my stainless YM2 for work regularly for a period of time and it was just so bling, I could see people just staring at it in meetings. My Bi-metal Skydweller also suffers from this but also non watch people comment on it too which always feels a bit weird.

This problem with wearing a nice watch in meetings etc is probably just all in my head but I almost never wear long sleeves so it always feels quite in your face.

I would love to just pick my Day Date 40 up in June and wear it every day without worrying about the perception or damaging it but I think I would probably have to move to Dubai or Miami for that :-)

Ah I misread YM2 as YM42, that makes more sense now, quite a loud watch. A bi metal SkyDweller is also very loud. Maybe a YM42 is on the cards after all.

A DD40 in WG would probably be confused for a DateJust/nice steel by many. You could go the other way and get a Platinum DD40 - domed bezel but bloody expensive!

Master
    Yeh a Platinum DD40 is beyond me I think, I will have to save up all my pennies for the YG one!

It's stupid that we have to think about this stuff. In the USA people care less about the negative perception of expensive watches.