closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What dive watches do you want to see made?

Master

What dive watches do you want to see made?

I have a few in my dream list.

- Grand Seiko 600m SLGA001- as is, just with a smaller 42mm case
    - Seiko 6159 600m Grandfather Tuna - remake of original, with every detail/dimension in accord with original but an 8L55 movement.
    - Omega 300m Seamaster No Date - Like the Nekton, but in Titanium.
    - Sinn 206 Arkits - in Titanium with a solid caseback.

I really don't think it's too much to ask :). I got very lucky with the transition from the SBBN007 to the 015, where Seiko listened to my prayers in every imaginable way.

But now, even if I was given 10K Euro to spend right away, there is not a single watch new or used outside of my collection that is good enough to make me really want it, apart from the unobtainable 126610LV that is. I would really be at a loss. There is the Glasshutte Original SeaQ, but I don't like the bracelet (I think). The Fifty Fathoms, sits just out of reach and would not want to know the servicing cost for that one.

Do you have any?

I'd settle for Tudor making a slimmer black bay, bracelet with no rivets and a ban on them calling every other watch they make a black bay

I’d be happy with a black bezel, black dial version of the newer mm200.

A pelagos FXD without the fixed bars would be welcome, or a black dial black bay without the gilt and cream lume.

Master
    Seamaster with slimmer movement/case, sword hands, better (grippier) bezel, no HEV carbuncle, Planet Ocean style bracelet.

Yes, I know It'll never happen

Black dial Baby Dreadnought with no date window.

To add to mine, if Seiko could slim down what they offer and remove all sub branding from their watches (apart from Seiko, Grand Seiko and Seiko 5) that would be great

Would love it if Eddie could produce something like this, but 38-40mm maximum.

Ones that I know will never be made unfortunately

1) 40/42mm version of the Panerai 372.
    2) In house Cal400 (I think) Oris 65 (original numeral edition)
    3) 40mm version of the new Tag Aquaracer with in house movement

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    To add to mine, if Seiko could slim down what they offer and remove all sub branding from their watches (apart from Seiko, Grand Seiko and Seiko 5) that would be great
    ............and with a no date option!

I think the new Ginault Silent Service is close (in specification terms). I would only improve it by making it Titanium.
    A really nice modern melange of a sub case and an SM300 dial and handset, I think it looks great.
    I would also love ZRC to do a DLC model with full lume dial, but without the date.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd settle for Tudor making a slimmer black bay, bracelet with no rivets and a ban on them calling every other watch they make a black bay
    The words "Black Bay" don't appear on the product so why does it matter what they are called?

The 58 is pretty slim; I can't really see may dive watches getting slimmer than 39mm x 11.9mm ...

The "rivets" are not really noticeable in real life only on Instagram.

Sounds like you are already there ...

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd like a 38mm version of the SLA037 ... a true 62MAS recreation.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    The words "Black Bay" don't appear on the product so why does it matter what they are called?

The 58 is pretty slim; I can't really see may dive watches getting slimmer than 39mm x 11.9mm ...

The "rivets" are not really noticeable in real life only on Instagram.

Sounds like you are already there ...
    I've tried on both the 58 and the original black bay and the 58 is too small for me. If it was that slim with the larger dial size then that would be great

Obviously everyone is different but I really do notice the rivets, the bracelet from the pelagos would do nicely

The black bay reference is a bit pedantic but as a marketer something that I find really annoying

Master
    The 58 is pretty slim. Remove the rivets on bracelet, add a date & cyclops, proper knurling on bezel and crown ( a la FXD) and they have a sub killer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    I

A pelagos FXD without the fixed bars would be welcome
    I love my standard Pelagos, but this would be killer!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    no HEV carbuncle
    I like the SMP HEV. It's their own thing. I prefer by a mile the 'older' style one on my 2500 SMPc rather than the muffin shaped current one.

There's another well known company putting cyclops on their dates on divers, and not many seem to mind.lol

Perhaps in a few weeks.

It’s taken me 6 Tudors now to realise the Black Bay line isn’t for me and I much prefer the Pelagos. Flat sapphire wins.

Did have the blue Pelagos before and now have the FXD. Would love the FXD with a bracelet and a date.

What about a Mickey Mouse one? But with him in scuba gear? And on his left arm he could be wearing a Mickey Mouse dive watch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snedboy View Post
    What about a Mickey Mouse one? But with him in scuba gear? And on his left arm he could be wearing a Mickey Mouse dive watch
    And the Mickey Mouse on the watch on the wrist could be wearing a Mickey Mouse dive watch.

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    And the Mickey Mouse on the watch on the wrist could be wearing a Mickey Mouse dive watch.
    If we could get that guy who does art on grains of rice involved the sky would be the limit

Master
    Blog Entries
    Non date Seadweller 116600.

I would like to see a lumed bezel on the Seamaster 300 Master Coaxial even better if it were to have a big triangle but the small triangle would be fine.

Oh and Ploprof in blue

Edit: one more I am tempted to make myself is an oil filled JSAR.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 12th March 2022 at 12:13.

Master
    An sbga231 with a white dial.
    A pam01389 and a fifty fathoms that are a tenth the price? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I'd like a 38mm version of the SLA037 ... a true 62MAS recreation.
    Really? The SLA037 is only 39.9mm and 47.9mm lug to lug. It wears its size well.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Really? The SLA037 is only 39.9mm and 47.9mm lug to lug. It wears its size well.
    It’s 14.7mm thick so pretty thick. That said I’ve never actually seen one in real life so I’m only judging it on “paper” I’d love to be able to try one. Maybe it would be fine but I fear it’s a too chunky for me.

Journeyman
    Omega 2252.50 (36mm)
    Also the Bond seamaster gloss dial 36mm

Or at least I'd like to see them in the flesh first to see how they sit.

Bought my first dive watch a a few weeks ago and loving it, have always liked the 2252 and would be awesome to go try a new one out in a dealers.

If only Sinn would put a bezel on the UX that you could actually grip with wet gloves, that would be perfect. Something along the lines of how Marathon do bezels.

Craftsman
    40mm Barakuda with no date, fully indexed bezel and mostly brushed case & bracelet.

Master
    SS sub, blue dial and bezel. Some chance. And no chance of getting one even if they did exist.

Craftsman
    I want to see Omega reissue the old sword hands SM300…. Bit of a fantasy watch for me. I don’t know there’s much chance of it, but I’d lose the Rolex for one of those.

SD43 with the same AR as the new Subs.

I'm probably the only person on the planet that would buy it, but a smaller, lighter, blue dial/blue ceramic 'castellated' bezel Damasko DSub with manufacture movement would be nice...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I think the new Ginault Silent Service is close (in specification terms). I would only improve it by making it Titanium. A really nice modern melange of a sub case and an SM300 dial and handset, I think it looks great.
    I would also love ZRC to do a DLC model with full lume dial, but without the date.
    Yes. Can't wait to see this too. The execution on my OR2 is faultless and I'll be ordering the SS as soon as the date version is available. I really appreciate titanium too for its lightness and feel on the skin but, since the SS will only be the tiniest of fractions bigger than the OR2, which wears extremely comfortably and has no weight problems, I'm happy enough for it to be steel. I would like to see it with the LJP G100 movement, though, to up the power reserve.