closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Royal Mail Special Delivery

Royal Mail Special Delivery

Has any member had any recent issues with RMSD?

I posted the item on Wednesday and got a receipt.

Yesterday (Thursday) I checked the tracking information in the afternoon and below is a screenshot of the tracking information.

So, firstly I contacted the watch repair company that it was going too, but they were not able to provide any details. As their systems don’t get updated until the end of the day.

Eventually, I found a contact number for Residential posting and after waiting 15 minutes spoke with an advisor. Who was not able to add any additional information. Apart from the item was in the system.
    I pointed out that it was a guaranteed special delivery and so she arranged for a refund.

This morning I checked the tracking information and nothing has changed!!!

So is my package in the system, which has yet to be updated or something else?

Fortunately, I insured the item via my Parcelpro account.

Any assistance or advise would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I've not had any problems with RMSD recently (either outgoing or incoming). In my experience RM have focussed resources on RMSD to ensure that it keeps on working.

The chances are that your item is still in the system and will emerge eventually. Sometimes things go wrong, even with RMSD.

RM considers a RMSD item officially lost if it hasn't turned up anywhere after 5 working days after its due date[1]. If and when that timeout expires then I guess it will be time to report it to RM so they can search for it and put in a claim with Parcelpro.

Footnote:-
    1: https://www.royalmail.com/retail-com...on-policy-loss
    Last edited by markrlondon; 11th March 2022 at 10:14.

I've recently had several RMSD deliveries that have been a day later than expected, but all have arrived intact. The tracking information on most deliveries has been noticeably lacking for a few months.

Grand Master
    I use it frequently, both sending and receiving, and I’ve had no problems, provided the item is clearly addressed and includes the senders return address as a safeguard it won’t get lost. It surprises me how people forget to include their senders address, or scribble something barely legible on the back as an afterthought. I always use the grey plastic RMSD envelopes as an outer package and I advise others to do the same when sending stuff.

Master
    I too recently have had RMSD deliveries that have been delivered late.

The update online like yours, did not go beyond delivered to a specified Royal Mail site.

However the items were all delivered albeit a day later. I never even thought to chase a refund given the guaranteed delivery I had paid for was missed, I was just relieved that the items had in actual fact been delivered succesfully.

The website is updated upon delivery though.

Hopefully yours is nothing more than it being in the system but the system being slower than usual and will be delivered and updated today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I always use the grey plastic RMSD envelopes as an outer package
    Yes, I use these too.

I like the fact that they are free from the Post Office in several sizes.

We post hundreds of specials every day, delays are rare. I haven’t seen an update on the tracking like that - not sure if it’s been scanned and pulled for inspection or something? (We had something similar a few years back after posting an aerosol on special without labelling it dangerous goods)

Personally, I’d be emailing ceo.office@royalmail.com today to get an update at the very least, ASAP!

**UPDATE**

Thank you for all your replies and advice.

I am pleased and relieved to say that having called the company this morning. They were able to confirm that they had received it shortly before 9am yesterday.

So, strange why the tracking system has not been updated.

Like many have already attested to, the service is usually extremely reliable and personally I have posted and received many deliveries via RMSD with no issues, apart from the occasional late delivery.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Glad it worked out ok. :-)

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had an issue last year,a package went awol for three days.Eventually turned up ,claimed postage refund from post office.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    I had an issue last year,a package went awol for three days.Eventually turned up ,claimed postage refund from post office.

Exactly same happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Yes, I use these too.

I like the fact that they are free from the Post Office in several sizes.
    I asked for one the other week and the woman at PO told me they not longer provide them. I was always under the impression they encouraged people to use these should claims ever be made.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    I asked for one the other week and the woman at PO told me they not longer provide them. I was always under the impression they encouraged people to use these should claims ever be made.
    That's a shame. Yes, that's what I thought too.

They still have them in my local PO (I got some of the largest size this week). I wonder if they'll get a resupply when this lot run out.

I love how they still process refunds via cheque - very last century.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I love how they still process refunds via cheque - very last century.
    It’s so they can tell you it got lost in the post lol

Craftsman
    I have had the same message today, it’s a reasonably common just now things seem to be taking an extra day but 99.9% of the time it gets there the next day and you can claim you fee back

Will check the tracking number next week and see whether it has been updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    That's a shame. Yes, that's what I thought too.

They still have them in my local PO (I got some of the largest size this week). I wonder if they'll get a resupply when this lot run out.
    My understanding is that they won’t and they’ll be phased out altogether

Blog Entries
    Had a similar problem in a shipment to Canada. Given that signature is no longer used in Canada at delivery- during COVID- the package resulted “in transit” a month after shipment. Thankfully the recipient wrote to me that it had however been delivered, and Chrono24 allowed the payment to be released to me.

Traceability and signing for delivery is essential in transactions - Royal Mail seems to have forgot this.