closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: “The Apprentice” BBC 2022

Craftsman

“The Apprentice” BBC 2022

Am I misremembering, or are the candidates particularly crap this year? I can’t remember a boardroom where both teams lost. Plus a double firing, and only four in the “final five”. Lord Sugar must despair at the thought of his £250K going to one of those sad specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    Am I misremembering, or are the candidates particularly crap this year? I can’t remember a boardroom where both teams lost. Plus a double firing, and only four in the “final five”. Lord Sugar must despair at the thought of his £250K going to one of those sad specimens.
    They are always...crap.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    They are always...crap.
    These are extra crap

Stopped watching it years ago as they’re all wankers.

He seems to be working on the principle that if they're all crap, give it to the one with the best knockers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    It’s a game show with not a lot of business content.

They always over promise and under deliver every every year. They're salespeople..(apologies to the rare decent salespeople i've worked with..)

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    £250k. That's a six figure salary that doesn't start with a 1.

The way i see It is it’s a TV programme for people that want to become celebrities. It is nothing more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Ditto, though I would not have put it quite as succinctly.

Gets worse every year in my opinion and I gave up a good few years back, I have to admit it was enjoyable and novel when it first started and enjoyed watching it with my children.

Now it's the last thing I would want the children to watch for fear that they'd want to end up like the business hopefuls on display.

As long as Kathryn's still in it, I'll be watching

Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    The way i see It is it’s a TV programme for people that want to become celebrities. It is nothing more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Judging by the number of ex Apprentice celebrities, I’d say that’s not true. The winners only ever reappear on The Apprentice, generally to discuss their business and the process.

This is TV and edited to make the contestants look stupid but they are all youngish business people running successful businesses and the winners at least, all seem to do well.

Just remember this is the UK version of a program made for Trump. The more the candidates are shit, the more the (narcissistic) host feels he shines in pointing it out. The good candidates don’t need to be ridiculed on national TV to get a £250K loan and secure a business angel.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

The Apprentice. The programme that introduced the world to Katie Hopkins.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

Yes. Terrible mistake getting rid of the eye candy in week one last year. Or was it the year before?

If you want to learn a small amount about business watch 'Dragon's Den' much better, still entertaining mind..

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

But she is a right moody cow!!

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    £250k. That's a six figure salary that doesn't start with a 1.
    It’s not a salary!

Craftsman
    I enjoy the Apprentice. Used to drive me nuts when I took it a bit too seriously, but now I view it as TOWIE with tasks. Very entertaining!

I think it is harsh to criticise some of the people on the show - they are away from family and friends, locked in a house together, sent all over the shop with no notice and minimal sleep, and then deliberately set up in most instances to make better TV.

Think about it, their negotiations are always somewhat staged - the business people know they are coming and can't walk away, so have them over a barrel. Most of us would struggle in this scenario, if we are being honest with ourselves.

Apart from all that, I enjoy watching every week to see what Lord Sugar has on his wrist!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

A very poor TV show full of complete to**ers all staged in the name of entertainment.
    Be as stupid as they like so it attracts viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    A very poor TV show full of complete to**ers all staged in the name of entertainment.
    Be as stupid as they like so it attracts viewers.
    Yup it's degrading, proper race to the bottom telly, Mrs P watches it, she's a Yank though.
    Last edited by Passenger; 11th March 2022 at 15:53.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Apart from all that, I enjoy watching every week to see what Lord Sugar has on his wrist!
    Good. Being admired -for whatever reason- is exactly what a narcissist craves.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I do think this years contestants have been a disappointing combination of hopeless and boring. Hopeless is fine if they're entertaining but the series has lacked characters.

I have not watched it for a few years. My favourite episodes were with Claude giving his grilling interviews. He was the best part about the show.

Master
    I do think this year's contestants have been particularly poor - as demonstrated by both sides doing spectacularly badly at their designated task this week, at a very late stage in the process.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I have not watched it for a few years. My favourite episodes were with Claude giving his grilling interviews. He was the best part about the show.
    He will be doing that next week - will be worth watching as all of them are going to get a grilling and deserve it

I used to work in media recruitment - mostly sales and advertising agency staff - and I remember recognising one of the contestants years ago as someone I had quite recently interviewed. Let’s just say their cv in no way resembled how they were being presented on the programme! - would have been interesting if they made it to the final stages where their cv is torn apart, as the copy in my possession was totally unremarkable. I do remember thinking he was arrogant and full of himself during the time I spent with him - to the point of being amusing. It’s just another reality game show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So - people here, actually watch that sh1t?

Grand Master
    I don’t watch it, I used to enjoy it several years back but I’ve lost interest, I think the format has run its course and I no longer find it entertaining. I like Alan Sugar, his autobiography was a good read, but he’s now becoming a caricature of himself in thus show and I think it’s time to call it a day. Shows have a shelf life, this one’s well past its sell- by date.

I sold my last house to a former apprentice contestant!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I don’t watch it, I used to enjoy it several years back but I’ve lost interest, I think the format has run its course and I no longer find it entertaining. I like Alan Sugar, his autobiography was a good read, but he’s now becoming a caricature of himself in thus show and I think it’s time to call it a day. Shows have a shelf life, this one’s well past its sell- by date. !
    Agree it has run its course

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Do you think people here are more high brow than elsewhere? Have you been to the bear pit??

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    It's possible to enjoy it not because of how good the candidates are but how bad they are. It's just a shame one of them has to 'win'. Also the Indian lady provides some nice eye candy.

It's a serious process in that there really is £250k of investment waiting for the winner, there's no doubting it's spun for TV though.

I enjoy it, got it on series link. Kathryn or Stephanie for the win.

Their personal statements are always good for a laff, generally along the lines of “I’ve never lost anything, I always win.”

A week later, after being completely pants in a task.."You're fired"..Goodbye

Craftsman
    I still watch it and enjoy it. I don’t take it too seriously, it’s just entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk