closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Reflective stick on number plate

Reflective stick on number plate

Are stick on number plates generally accepted as ok by the MOT stations and the law ?

I fancy a stick on plate on my MR2, in the photo the one on the left has the standard plate and the one on the right stick a on, looks better IMO.

Master
    Provided they meet the BS requirements, there's no restriction for adhesive plates.

https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number...-number-plates

Thanks, off to ebay :)

Master
    You may find you have to send off original documents to get the plates. I found that the other day, so I rummaged through my garage and found a set that I hadn't put on a vehicle before.

A local supplier may be a better bet. :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    You may find you have to send off original documents to get the plates. I found that the other day, so I rummaged through my garage and found a set that I hadn't put on a vehicle before.

Thanks, I dident fancy sending my doc's but this seller dident ask so I bought his.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323432224...53.m2749.l2649

I removed the bumper mounted one on my MK2 MX5 and replaced it with a stick on one on the bonnet and it wasnt a problem at MOT time.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post

Freely available on eBay without documents.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Cilla, is that you??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I removed the bumper mounted one on my MK2 MX5 and replaced it with a stick on one on the bonnet and it wasnt a problem at MOT time.
    I could be wrong, and I don't see anything in the link provided earlier, but I recall that the plate had to be vertical, so a bonnet fixed one isn't, strictly, legal.

I've got a stick on one on my 1969 Marcos' bonnet and it's never been questioned, but I recall owners of newer models having to fix plastic ones to the front of the car for MOTs.

Maybe this was just over zealous testers interpreting the rules incorrectly?

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I could be wrong, and I don't see anything in the link provided earlier, but I recall that the plate had to be vertical, so a bonnet fixed one isn't, strictly, legal.

I've got a stick on one on my 1969 Marcos' bonnet and it's never been questioned, but I recall owners of newer models having to fix plastic ones to the front of the car for MOTs.

Maybe this was just over zealous testers interpreting the rules incorrectly?

M
    Yes, thats a good point. I had quite a long discussion on the MX5 forum about this and the consensus was that its not strictly legal but most reasonable testers wont fail it. As I say, mine went through OK. Though I did revert to the bumper mounted one before I sold the car.

Journeyman
    I have a stick on front plate on a Westfield.

My MoT tester was fine for years, but now he simply asks that I bring along a proper acrylic front plate for the test. I don't have to fit it.... as it obviously 'just fell off' when leaving the test station!

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk