closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Omega Aqua Terra colours!

Journeyman

New Omega Aqua Terra colours!

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/o...ter-aqua-terra

Thoughts on these? Never expected so many colours.

Pretty rolex-esque I think.

I suppose it was inevitable they'd follow Rolex however the Omega colours are awful, metallic looking efforts.

Craftsman
    Date disc is awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As per my post in another thread: Dreadful release!

Sometimes less is more but I’m not sure this is one of those times. They’ve taken the AT which is rich with visual interest (dial grooves, framed / stepped date window) and made it look flat and cheap. The small seconds one wasn’t a good idea either., neither was the insanely expensive titanium model. For me, they peaked with the skyfall generation, they just need to leave that watch alone!

Master
    Odd to me. Aqua Terra is sea and land with the boat deck iconic dial reflecting water. With that gone it loses it's identity. This looks very much like a response to the recent Rolex OP releases

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I suppose it was inevitable they'd follow Rolex however the Omega colours are awful, metallic looking efforts.
    Yeah theres something off, would like to see in person but feels a step backward for sure. Shame!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    Date disc is awful

Agree! The protruding rim looks like to fall off after a vigorous sneeze or two

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    As per my post in another thread: Dreadful release!

Sometimes less is more but I’m not sure this is one of those times. They’ve taken the AT which is rich with visual interest (dial grooves, framed / stepped date window) and made it look flat and cheap. The small seconds one wasn’t a good idea either., neither was the insanely expensive titanium model. For me, they peaked with the skyfall generation, they just need to leave that watch alone!
    Ahh dang, clearly didnt look hard enough for another thread on them! Totally agree though, just said it feels like a step back in another comment(in terms of quality not in time). There is something off with it but flat and cheap seems apt, keen to see them in real life.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Odd to me. Aqua Terra is sea and land with the boat deck iconic dial reflecting water. With that gone it loses it's identity. This looks very much like a response to the recent Rolex OP releases
    yeah lazy response, hoped for a better effort for sure.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    eeeerrrgggghhhhhhh

It gets worse…just saw on monochrome that the cases are fully polished.

Yuk!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Yeah, I agree Omega dropped the ball on this one. I really don’t like those colours. The new green 300M Seamaster is better but they’re a bit behind the curve by releasing a greed dialled watch now!

Craftsman
    I will go against the majority and say I like. and more importantly my wife does.
    Like many I have been on the hackneyed list for a OP in pink and suspect my name will likely never rise to the top.
    From the photos at least my wife prefers the Omega.
    So now on hopefully a more obtainable list at the OB.

Journeyman
    I agree. The colours are ok, but getting rid of the boat deck dial means it's more 2 dimensional rather than 3, losing its texture and more akin to the first gen one.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Those new speedies though. Beautiful:

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Just not the 57's.....

I know Omega is not Lange but come on!

They forgot the tiffany blue colour variant, don't they like selling watches?

The idea of being able to walk into an AD and buy one off the shelf without bending over and touching my toes is so dated and for that reason I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    Just not the 57's.....

I know Omega is not Lange but come on!
    Anyone have a decent photo of an Omega movement? I was thinking of an Omega tresor but the movement always looks to me a bit industrial.

Yeah as many have said it feels like a blatant response to the new Rolex OP colours.

I’m just not sure what Omega wants the AT to be. I was close to buying one as my daily, last year. But I wanted a sports watch, which this predominantly is - but the bracelet is for a dress watch (butterfly clasp, PCL’s). It felt like Omega were trying to create a watch that could rival the Explorer, OP and DJ all in one, but the end result is something that’s a bit muddled.

This revamp muddles it even further - it still has those rugged do it all specs, but with the polished case and shiny flat dials feels even dressier. Just seems to be drifting further away from the rugged three hander it was originally meant to be. Not a fan.

The green Seamaster looks alright though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwokoj View Post
    Agree! The protruding rim looks like to fall off after a vigorous sneeze or two
    By 'rim' do you mean, bezel?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Yeah as many have said it feels like a blatant response to the new Rolex OP colours.

I’m just not sure what Omega wants the AT to be. I was close to buying one as my daily, last year. But I wanted a sports watch, which this predominantly is - but the bracelet is for a dress watch (butterfly clasp, PCL’s). It felt like Omega were trying to create a watch that could rival the Explorer, OP and DJ all in one, but the end result is something that’s a bit muddled.

This revamp muddles it even further - it still has those rugged do it all specs, but with the polished case and shiny flat dials feels even dressier. Just seems to be drifting further away from the rugged three hander it was originally meant to be. Not a fan.

The green Seamaster looks alright though.
    Agreed. The PCL was the wrong move and too far towards dress for a watch that is a sports watch that can be dressed up. I still think the 8500 variant with the date window surround is the sweet spot.

Agreed. The PCL was the wrong move and too far towards dress for a watch that is a sports watch that can be dressed up. I still think the 8500 variant with the date window surround is the sweet spot.
    Agreed. And I hear someone has one of them for sale currently on SC :-)

Sent using Tapatalk

I very rarely think a release is awful, however this is, as others have said, this is a blatant response to Rolex’s OP.

D

Craftsman
    I like the dial colours a lot and funn don't mind some having a flat rather than grooved surface but they should have retained both across the different colours.
    Either way, the plain cutout date aperture and plain white date disc, as well as the polished case make it a complete miss for me. All seems a bit confused, trying to make it more dressy.... But that date?!

Stick to the sports watch aesthetic Omega. You have other lines for polished cases

The Speedy 57 releases though look great, and so much thinner!

Very Michael Kors.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    They forgot the tiffany blue colour variant, don't they like selling watches?
    Haha now that I would have loved because why not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Very Michael Kors.
    Sadly appears so!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    The idea of being able to walk into an AD and buy one off the shelf without bending over and touching my toes is so dated and for that reason I'm out.
    Hahah funny because it’s true

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    By 'rim' do you mean, bezel?
    No no there’s a weird rim on the date window of the woman’s size. Hideous imo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post

Agree absolutely love the green seamaster too!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stegeorgy View Post
    I will go against the majority and say I like. and more importantly my wife does.
    Like many I have been on the hackneyed list for a OP in pink and suspect my name will likely never rise to the top.
    From the photos at least my wife prefers the Omega.
    So now on hopefully a more obtainable list at the OB.
    All the best in getting it! You might be right about the OP! Seems a pipe dream now. How far we have fallen… ha!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by AP1 View Post
    Yeah, I agree Omega dropped the ball on this one. I really don’t like those colours. The new green 300M Seamaster is better but they’re a bit behind the curve by releasing a greed dialled watch now!
    Behind the curve I agree but absolutely love the green! Would love to purchase unless sports model rolexes start selling to the common man for RRP and pigs start flying haha

Craftsman

The colours themselves look a bit dull and faded, much prefer rolex’s OP which are so bold with the colours, poor attempt by omega on these, however I do like the the new release green dialled seamaster wave dial

https://monochrome-watches.com/omega...ve-pics-price/

Blog Entries
    If you want a wannabe OP I guess the AT are ok. They don’t float my boat. I do need to get to an Omega AD sometime though as it’s likely the new releases maybe viewable and actually possible to buy in store.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Devil’s advocate position… Look at the blue one in isolation and it’s actually a good, subtle colour. Perhaps the ‘sandstone’ and green ones too. The Rolex Osyters were wildly popular but so is anything Rolex, and I actually didn’t like the bright colours that much on the wrist, the green could have been lovely if it had been darker and richer.

A sunburst dial option is also a welcome return. They fiddled around with the ‘teak decking’ dial but never completely resolved it, at least not as well as its obvious Rolex competitors. Unfortunately though, it still has polished centre links. Sort that out, and either move the date where it belongs or remove it completely, and you’d have a nice watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Watchadvisor has a video of them on YouTube, along with the 57, deep diver and seamaster 300.

I think they look better in the video than pics, especially the sandstone, but it’s still a hard no from me.

The red 57 on the website pics looks good but in the video it really disappoints.

The green ceramic seamaster 300 looks really good, but at 42 it’s a chunk too large for me.

Swing and miss from Omega this year.

Not for me, cant get on with glitzy dials.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Watchadvisor has a video of them on YouTube, along with the 57, deep diver and seamaster 300.

I think they look better in the video than pics, especially the sandstone, but it’s still a hard no from me.

The red 57 on the website pics looks good but in the video it really disappoints.

The green ceramic seamaster 300 looks really good, but at 42 it’s a chunk too large for me.

Swing and miss from Omega this year.
    I agree that they look slightly better in the video but still a step backwards in my opinion.

I guess so long as they don’t discontinue the current sportier line, nothing’s lost.

Also, I see that the bracelet has been reworked. It’s not immediately obvious what makes it better, perhaps more taper??

I like the idea but the execution is poor, IMO.
    Speedies look absolutely gorgeous though.

Craftsman
    Tough crowd here. I kind of like the Saffron.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I like the idea but the execution is poor, IMO.
    Speedies look absolutely gorgeous though.
    Yep, loving the slimmed down dimensions and the colour of this blue one....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boywithabubblegun View Post

I like that but what is ‘omega comfort release bracelet’.?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boywithabubblegun View Post

I like that but what is ‘omega comfort release bracelet’.?

Master
    Ultra deep: 6km!

Reminds me of another watch, can't think which it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Nwokoj View Post
    No no there’s a weird rim on the date window of the woman’s size. Hideous imo

- - - Updated - - -

Agree absolutely love the green seamaster too!
    If only they did a steel version of those Gold Speedies.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Omega getting a lot of banter sent their way on social media about their new releases

Omega getting a lot of banter sent their way on social media about their new releases

To be fair the Omega colours are not quite as hideous as the Rolex ones. The blue and pink dial ones look like a kids toy.

Omega's colours may not be identical nor as hideous, but this really is farcical when it comes to Omega's design philosophy. The initial Rolex designs were bad enough.
    Last edited by j111dja; 9th March 2022 at 14:41.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post

It's sad to see a Seamaster let itself go like that, but to be fair it happened to a lot of us during the lockdown. Too much beer and Netflix, no doubt. Perhaps with a strict diet and exercise program it can get back in shape eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post

Looks similar to a Seiko or micro brand